Avent / Avent bottles

1 Oceanside, CA, United States Review updated:

Avent bottles leak!!! Almost pour!!! When I shake them to mix formula it leaks all over my clean floors or counter! So I tried stirring the formula in first and then feeding it to my baby... OK now it starts pouring all over my son. It is so frustrating. I bought the first set of bottles and thought ok maybe it's just these here or maybe I got them from a bad batch. Alright. So I threw those away. So I went to go buy some new ones... And the same thing!!! I am so upset as I can't afford to buy any new bottles. So I have to deal with this crap until my baby is weaned from bottles. Don't waste your money honey.
P.S. Just a note, my son never had colic before. I was thinking maybe it was the bottles, hence the reason I decided to buy again. But then again maybe any bottle would have sufficed.
New Mommy

Comments

• St
      10th of Jun, 2009

I spent 9 dollars on an avent bottle and threw it in the garbage because it leaked all over the place.

• St
      10th of Jun, 2009
    Avent - bottle leaks
    New York

I bought an avent baby bottle for 8.99 + tax and the bottle leaks all over the place. I tried to make a complaint to avent and theres no website. Very unhappy with there product.

• Ta
      2nd of Sep, 2010

Ok, I am sorry but I don't understand why you are having these issues, My good friend used the avent bottles and did not have that problem. Maybe it is because she didn't use the bottles to mix the formula in. She bought a container to mix it in because the avent bottles have the rubber peices at the bottom that the powder can get under which would be a BIG reason for the bottles to leak.

I beleive the instructions tell you not to mix the formula in the bottles.

Oh and I am with Stealth, I wouldnt throw the bottles away I would try to get my money back.

• Bu
      13th of Apr, 2012

agreed! all i regisered for was avent bottles and every single one of them not just leaks but pours out of the bottom of the lid! such a disappointment and a waste of money!

26th of Nov, 2014

I have a four week old daughter and I bought the new Avent bottles I use the 4 ounce bottles and it only takes one and a half minutes for the nipple to get stuck. The nipple goes down by itself so I have to stop feeding her and wait for the nipple to go up again.