AutoZone / my complaint is concerning a salesperson.

1 Roslindale, MA, United States Review updated:

I was at the Auto Zone on 664 American Legion highway in Roslindale looking to purchase a part for my vehicle, I was online behind an elderly women who was purchasing an item an asked the sales person if she needed piece to use the item she was purchasing. The sales persons response was " I don't know, I own a sports car I dont use that" I noticed the women was stunned, she went on to explain to the sales person that it was her 1st tine I believe purchasing the item which was in a small can and she was wondering if she needed an adapter to use it. He continued in his very rude and disrespectful tone tell the women "I don't know what to tell you I'm not a mechanic, I have a sports car". I couldn't take anymore so I intervened tell the women to ask someone else if they can help her, that he should not be speaking to her that way. I felt that he should have looked the item up, see if additional tubing or whatever was needed to use the item or ask a coworker for help if he didnt have the answer. Then the sales person decided he was going to curse me out because he didnt appreciate me telling the women that his behavior was unacceptable, so he and I went back and forth until someone whom I assumed was the manager asked me what the issue was. I explained that he was very rude and disrespectful to this women and how I felt he lacked customer service skills and manners all together. When the manager told him to stop arguing with the customers he told him to put me out the store. The bottom line is, it's very unacceptable for sales person to talk to any customer in that tone and as a elderly women going into a auto parts store, we look for the sales person to be able to answer questions about products they're sell, we depend on that. The sales person yelling that he owns a sports car was irrelevant. I left there wondering how many vulnerable people walk into that store looking for help and walk and walk out feeling worse, the manager didn't seem to have any control. The women thanked me for sticking up for her, she said she never had her own people standup for her like that. I guess she said that because she's white and I'm black, but I looked at her as if she was my mom and I would never allow anyone to speak to my mom that way. So my next complaint will be to the Better Business Bureau, this should never be allowed in any place of business.

Ly
Jul 14, 2018

Comments

• Su
      14th of Jul, 2018

Color shouldn't matter. You saw a wrong and decided to intervene. You did nothing wrong at all. You are a gentleman for helping her. Some wise ass kid needs his sports car taken away. He hated the job to pay for gas after daddy bought him the car.