Autopage / Poor service and not resolving my issue
I have just about had it with autopage poor service. I have even sent this mail written below to the consumer act complaints this morning as I am not getting any joy from autopage.
Before you reads this mail I want to make it extremely clear that autopage can credit both my october and november invoices fully for the frustration and aggravation caused and for wasting my time having to call in all the time to try and get my account resolved!!! Honestly enough is enough.
Furthermore to this mail I contacted the media complaints department again this morning and stayed online for another 18minutes whereby I was placed through to a consultant and spoke to lerato after 25 minutes she put me through to a manager by the name of monique and she said they will investigate and call me back today. Kindly please see my problem below and the mail sent to consumer act and please advice when my account will be credited for october and november.
I have a huge problem with the kind of customer service being received from altech autopage. I want to apologise for this mail being so long but I would like to explain my whole story from the beginning also for you to understand why I am writing this mail.
1. End of august I purchased a new iphone, I went to chatz cellular in sandton city to get a sim swop done on my card as the iphone uses a micro sim card. The gentlemen who assisted me was very helpful and said that the sim swop would cost me r64.00 but could unfortunately not assist due to the fact that my contract is with altech autopage. I then went to altech autopage and did a sim swop there but they charged me r200.00 while I had sim insurance on my account activated and should not have been charged. I made several calls to the autopage offices to get this resolved and they didn’t want to help me and refund the r200.00. I eventually logged a complaint on hellopeter.com on the 17th of september after I received more bad service over that weekend when I contacted their call centre for assistance with a blackberry activation on my wife’s prepaid card and only then they responded and then decided to refund my money. So there was now one credit passed on my account.
2. On the 17th of september I also asked autopage to activate a 1gb data bundle on my account for the iphone and by the 9th of october this has not yet been completed and I received sms from autopage that my data bundle was depleted and out of bundle rates apply. I then logged another complaint on hellopeter.com and they responded again saying & ldquo;please be advised that your data bundle query has been prioritized and resolution will be advised timeously”. On the 17th of october this matter has still not been resolved and my account was then already sitting at r1217.55 for data usage. By the 21st of october I received a call from a lady at autopage that said I need to monitor my account as my data usage is extremely high. I explained to the lady that this is not my fault as I have been fighting with autopage since september to have this fixed. On the 27th this was still not resolved and my account then went up to r1723.80 for data usage. Autopage then responded to this complaint on hellopeter.com saying & ldquo;as per our telephonic discussion, we have requested the network to clear the error and activate your 1gig package. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused”. They eventually managed to get the data package on my account but it was not a 1gb as I requested but a 1.5gb data bundle.
3. On the 5th of november I received a statement of r2381.43 and logged yet again another complaint on hellopeter.com as this is the only way autopage seems to respond to complaint, when you call their call centre they refuse to put you through to a manager to have this resolved. They then ensured me that credits were passed and a recon will be sent, I am still waiting for that recon.
4. End november I see that I am being billed for r666.41 for unbilled calls, I contacted the call centre and asked them what this was for and they advised me that it is for data usage. I then logged onto vodacom website and had a look at my data and I still had over 300mb left on my account yet I am being charged. They then said they will investigate and pass a credit for that r666.41 data usage. I received my invoice and the r666.41 was not credited on my account.
5. Yesterday 07.12.2017 I logged my 6th complaint since september, at 15:30 I have not heard anything back from autopage and I decided to contact them and insisted on speaking to a manager, a lady by the name of veronica then gave me the media complaints department. I contacted the department and no one answered the phone, the call then went back to the switchboard. I explained my problem again to the lady at the switchboard and she then said she will put me through to a customer service manager, the phone rang for a few minutes went back to switchboard again and the lady said she will try another manager. The phone just kept on ringing and after 11 minutes they just hung up the phone.
6. My payment went from a debit order to cash payment, I then contacted the autopage office and made payment arrangements as they require me to pay my account by the 15th of every month. The lady I spoke to then advised me that my account will be suspended on the 15th of every month if payment is not received and I then have to call them to have my account activated until payment is made at the end of the month. I told the lady that I can not call the 15th of every month to get my account active again and if they want to suspend it they must do so and leave it suspended.
I have made so many phone calls to autopage and wasted so much of my time trying to get my account resolved and I am not getting anywhere.In my last conversation I mentioned to the consultants that I will not pay my account until autopage resolves the account and thus far I have not paid for october or november and I feel that for all my time and frustration caused by autopage they can credit both those invoices fully which are now a total of r2996.46
What are my rights as the end user with this. Can I have this contract terminated with no legal or cost implications to me. I had the contract since 2017 and the contract is due to expire in 10 months but I have not used this card for a month due to the fact that I am tired of fighting with them and for the poor service and are now on a prepaid card.
Please help me as I can not carry on fighting like this.
More Autopage Complaints & Reviews
- Altech Autopage - Cell phone upgrade 
- Altech Autopage - Fraud/theft
- Altech Autopage - Expired cellphone contract
- Altech Autopage - Useless 
- Altech Autopage - Repairs and repairs and repairs 
- Autopage - No customer service
- Altech Autopage - 3G data
- Autopage - Unable to de-activate sms roaming
- Altech Autopage - Retention department
- Autopage Cellular - Incorrect debit orders