Autographs America / I paid for a Signed Monkees Guitar and I am still waiting for it.

1 Australia Review updated:

I am absolutely appalled at the way these people do business and they should be shut down.
I am comtemplating going to the U.S. Embassy and worse case scenerio going to the T.V.Networks with affiliates in the U.S.
I wanted to treat myself to a good Christmas present last year, as I had always been a fan of the band "The Monkees" growing up. This company had their sale on at the time and I thought great I can get a bargain.
My Dad had been in Hospital with Prostate Cancer and I work two jobs to help make the ends meet.
A friend of mine had said to check them out and you will get a bargain.
I had purchased a signed AC/DC Guitar off them with no problems three weeks prior.I had to sign for the item and produce I.D for Australia Post before they would give me the item and I had to go to the Post Office to receive it.
I had done the same thing again this time, gave them the same particulars as what Australia Post had told me to do, and I had also requested a tracking number to keep an eye on it.
This thing was to be delivered to me before Christmas and I am stil waiting for it to arrive.
According to them, they are saying it is Delivered!
I have not signed for anything and I am still waiting for the goods.Australia Post have no record of me signing for an item or producing any form of I.D for any items either.
As I have told them, please you are more than welcome to bring the Australian Federal Police in to search the property and my family and friends properties also.I do not have a Monkees Guitar for which I have worked hard for and paid .
They will not respond to any more of my emails and I was dealing with a man by the name of Alex.
I now realise they are Scam Persons and should be put on t.v. and refund all monies they have scammed out of people.
Please get in contact with me with a Case Manager and I will send you copies of the emails between Alex and Myself .
This is a Disgrace
I have kept copies of some of the emails for you, I am also happy to give you an affidivit if you want to press charges.
Cheers, Angus Davidson
angusdavidson69@hotmail.com

Comments

• Lo
      14th of Mar, 2011

I am really disgusted by this company. For Christmas this year I purchased 3 items.

1) A Depeche Mode "Black Celebration" Lp, signed, for my boyfriend

2) A Garbage signed 10 inch drumhead for myself

3) A Tori Amos sign guitar with artwork, which is absolutely gorgeous by the way.

ALL OF THESE ARE FAKE! I bought a Depeche Mode biography for my boyfriend for his birthday, which triggered my doubts. It was signed by the lead singer, and came with a SUPER COA. This thing was DNA tested, the whole nine yards. It looked nothing like what was purchased through Autographs America. So. I started comparing around, and have to believe the signed Lp is a total fake.

I noticed on the website, the Tori Amos guitar is back. A different guitar, but the same Artwork by Tori. Odd. How many performers would do the same thing twice...and the signature is different. The one on my guitar is a good version, but fake. I had it verified through 2 seperate auto dealers. It also doesnt look like the CD she signed for me outside of David Letterman.

The Garbage signed 10 inch drumhead was also back. Another duplicate. That one is fake as well. The only thing that matches are the "S" and the "M" for Shirley Manson. The rest of the signature is horrible.

I have called them, sent an email...as well as sending the email to my attorney. My next step is to contact the police station where they are located.

Folow Up:

I just spoke with Mr. Burkel on the phone, and he is a low life [censor]. Threatening me, he is a low life piece of [censor].

I found his attorneys name and number, everyone should call him and voice his complaints.
    The secretary commented that he is in fact a client.

Aric Bomsztyk Atty