AutoEurope / discrimination - rate

United States Review updated:
2.5

Be aware that AutoEurope discriminates against US residents (none US citizen living in USA)! If you are looking for a car rental deal in Europe don’t use AutoEurope because you will not qualify for rates that are offered to US citizen. AutoEurope management is apparently confused not realizing that US citizen and US residents should qualify for equal conditions.
Ge

Comments

Re
  31st of Oct, 2008
What are you even talking about? your post makes no sense what-so-ever.

"AutoEurope discriminates against US residents (none US citizen living in USA)"

Do you have an example of whatever that means? You sound foolish.
To
  3rd of Jan, 2009
I have used AutoEurope for years and have not had a single problem. I book with them twice a year, sometimes more. In each instance I have compared their rates against others with whom I have an affinity card. AutoEurope always beats the regular rates. When I have been really stupid, e.g., booking the wrong airport or dates, AutoEurope has been quick to allow correction without penalty. When plans changed, AutoEurope has allowed cancellation and modification with ease. In fact, a change in plans in Italy two years ago resulted in AutoEurope giving me a lower rate on a reservation I cancelled and rebooked 2 days before the scheduled pickup. I have found their agents (yes, you can speak with them on the telephone and they are not from Mumbai) to be knowledgeable, eager to assist and damn helpful. I wish their employees worked for outfits like Dell. I am rather surprised that someone has a complaint that he or she wants to make public. My experience is that if something has gone wrong (even if it was at my cause), then call AutoEurope and it will be fixed. So far my experience has been that this is a good company with which to do business. It would be great if they would give me my rentals for free, but I really cannot expect that. Let me state a disclaimer: I have no connection with AutoEurope other than as a customer and they did not ask me to comment on this thread (although had they asked, I would have). This is a good company providing a good service. It is that simple. So if you have a complaint, provide the details and allow AutoEurope the courtesy of a response.
Ge
  22nd of Jun, 2011
I've been looking for a car rental in Barcelona and checking complaints against different companies and websites. This is the first good review of any compnay I have read. I did check their price for what I want and they are a little bit higher than the "really good deals", but when I checked thos out for complaints, it looked like the other companies are scam artists. I think I will try autoeurope. Thank you

Auto Europe Logo Auto Europe