Auto Parts Warehouse / Horrible customer service and unethical business practices

I ordered nerf bars on 4-16-07. I called on 5-5-07 because they were not delivered. I was told that they charged me but returned the money because they did not have the parts. I re ordered the parts and was told they were in stock. I called back late on 5-7-07 and was told that I was billed but that no action had occurred. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 10 minutes then disconnected. I called back and a customer service representative refused to let me speak to a supervisor until I recited the whole matter again. I finally spoke to a supervisor who told me that they just purchased the parts. They were to call me back today and give me a routing number. I wrote them an e mail to the company last night which was not responded to or acknowledged. I called again and got a routing number. I have no confidence in this company to do as they say or advertise. Michael Schaffer.

A  11th of May, 2007 by
I couldn't agree with you more Michael, sounds like my case almost to the letter. After 2 hours on the phone, they still have not agreed to refund my money although they sent me the wrong parts. Seems like they got a good scam going, takes 4 business days to get an RMA, then you got to pay the shipping back, then you pay a 20% restocking fee, then you wait 30 days for your refund (if it ever comes)... in the meantime, they won't send you a new part until you pay them, again. I also was told that I would not be connected to a manager. I have never been so upset with a business in my life.

N  28th of May, 2007 by

Auto Parts Warehouse - This company never gave me a refund

This the worst experience I had with any mail order company. Sometimes you just get unlucky. I was charged 25$ for 1 spark plug. I never received and invoice. When I then told them I would return the part they gave me an RMA number and I returned it paying the postage. Now they lie and claim they have no record of receiving the part. Thats impossible but they obviously are a criminal organization run by crooks.

This company is very dishonest and deceptive and I will file a claim with the BBB against them.
A  5th of Aug, 2007 by
I ordered an anti lock brake system for a 1991 chrysler, before placing this order I was told the part was in stock. Two days later I receive an email stating part is not in stock but they do have same part different brand, I call the 1-800 and order the part again because once again they claim its in stock. Guess What? Two days later I receive another email stating part is not in stock but they have another brand available. This is the worst company as far as customer service.
A  7th of Nov, 2007 by
I have a similar complaint. I ordered floor mats for my BMW. They were shipped with an incorrect address and the shipper returned the items to APW. It has now been 4 weeks and they still have not credited the money back to my account. Like Michael, I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for more than 10 minutes. I then called back and again had to repeat all of the information regarding my order. The customer service person I spoke to could barely speak English and told me his name was "Joe Brown" [yeah right]. When I insisted on speaking to a supervisor he eventually hung up on me. I then went on the website and went to the "Live Talk" where again I had to explain the situation and they again told me to call customer service. Out of all of my online ordering experiences, this is the worst company I have ever had dealings with. If any of you are planning on ordering from them... DON'T.
A  23rd of Apr, 2008 by
Customer service is non existent. Website would not work, had to resort to a sales rep on the phone. Corrected this sales rep about shipping address at LEAST 5 times during the call and they still got it wrong. Customer service amounted to APW telling me how to correct it myself. Shady company, shady practices. I will never use this company again.
N  7th of May, 2008 by

Auto Parts Warehouse - Charged card 3x's have yet to refund!
Auto Parts Warehouse

Rep did not place order correctly, quoted a different price. Called to correct order and unknown to me they charged my credit card 3 times. I returned most of the items, still waiting for credits, months later, and this is their regular business tactics. You ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE IF YOU ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND. READ MORE INFO ABOUT THEM HERE.

A  3rd of Jun, 2008 by
Im surprised the state of california lets them operate there, This company is actively engaged with scamming people with impunity on the net. False advertising, bogus complicated return requirements, they will bury you in a bureacracy and laugh all the way to the bank, , they are criminal
A  9th of Jun, 2008 by
This company sent me the wrong part but, naturally, the returning/refund process is crazily complex so I think no one actually can do that..
Simple advice; do not use this company. I later realized that the prices are higher than others...
A  23rd of Sep, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i got hosed by them, they sold me the wrong part. i called the manufacturer and they dont even build the part i needed yet. so i called apw back to cancel. they said ok. 2 days later i get a fedex tracking number where they shipped anyway. i fortunately paid through paypal. it took a bit, but paypal was able to see that it was sent back and reversed the payment and i got my money back. THE TRUTH IS; APW IS A PHILLIPENES COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT IN THE USA. THEY ARE LOCATED IN THE PHILLIPINES.
THIS LINK SHOWS THEM TO BE A US COMPANY. THE NUMBER LISTED IS "PERFECT FIT PARTS" http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/PRTS/0x0xS1140361-08-9096/1378950/filing.pdf
THIS LINK IS FROM THEIR EMPLOYEES, THIS TELLS A STORY. http://www.complaints.com/2008/march/21/The_Truth_About_Autopartswarehouse.com_164710.htm

N  10th of Nov, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Let me tell you of my autopartswarehouse experience main store headquarteres based in Langhorne Pa.After being there for over 2 1/2 years.I started in the Cherry Hill store .As it was convienant to visit with my mom .Who resides in a nearby nursing home where I planned to be near and help out.Then not by my choice I was moved me to Turnersville store.Though it was closer for me to commute to.And further from the nursing home .It resulted in Less hours.And severe cold or extreme hot warehouse conditions.Where I still stayed and did stock put away and delivery driving.In under a 8 hour day regulary.And what I got for for being regulary ontime and hardworking employee and doing the 2 jobs just to name a few.Was offered even less working days 3 days of work to be exact.Even though I had moretime in then then a few recent hired driver.It just wasnt economic feasable for me to continue .With this company and those policies and get more behind in my bills due to their ever changing policies.Maxium Negative Exposure for said company will be known through out word of mouth and all medias. With all my available automotive connections and background going over some 30 years
A  8th of Jan, 2009 by
I also have problems. Customer service took 5 days to respond to my RMA request and then just asked a stupid question. They could have called me. They could just replace the defective part. They suck!
A  6th of Apr, 2009 by
I have just had month long dealings with this HORRIBLE company- Auto Parts Warehouse. Anyone ordering from them needs to be warned that they are not credible. They do nothing they say they will do. Order anywhere else before exposing yourself to this company of scammers.
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Yes, I have bad experience with them. They refunded my money with less what their email stated on the RMA infromation. They have charged 20% restocking fee and mis calcutated my refund. I sent emails and emails and emails and they said, those refund amount was correct. SO they have bad management of what emails go to customer, better put the copy of the RMA and email from them when you return. Or you get less money. Never ever buy from them again !!!
A  30th of Sep, 2009 by
on Sept 11, 2009 I ordered 4 headlights, red ignition wire set, coil pack for my 1987 Grand National

i received 2 headlights insted of 4 for $110.00

i received black universal wire set instead of red custom fir wire set and a damaged coil pack $310.00

they have stolen my money and sent damaged merchandise

do NOT buy from these guys...they will cheat you, lie to you and steal your money
A  17th of Oct, 2009 by
I should have checked this web site before I ordered an alternator from APW. I went to the trouble installing it only to find out it was defective. Since then I 've requested (e-mail) an authorized return three times in one week and still haven't heard a thing from them. My only course of action now is to go to my credit card company and put a stop payment on it and go through the hazzle of explanations and forms.
A  9th of Dec, 2009 by
I order a part from them on 11/6 and two weeks later I finally contacted them to see where it was, they told me it takes 10-14 business days for delivery. That's not what the website says. Everytime I contacted them I'd get a generic answer as to when the part would ship. It took until 12/5, and all this time I had a car waiting for repair.

NEVER again will I purchase from them.
N  10th of Sep, 2010 by
they are the worst people to buy [censor] from do not buy from them.
A  22nd of Jun, 2011 by
As above.
Ordered parts. Email response confirmed that the parts were in stock.
Paid money and never recieved the parts. 6 months of emails and phone messages later they admitted that they never had the part and would not be stocking it.

Avoid this company at all costs. I will never deal with them again and I will encourage everyone that I know and can contact to avoid them.

Auto Parts Warehouse Logo Auto Parts Warehouse