Aurora Loan Services / Class Action Info RE; Auror

Hello Everyone: Found this and cut/paste here for you all to use. PLEASE DO!!! ASAP!!!

Without getting into the details of how Aurora Loan Services is using Predatory Lending tactics with numerous items that is a direct violation of the Truth in Lending Act *and* the Fair Credit Act. I have read through all 54 postings here and there is a common theme... class action lawsuit. Well I've spent the entire day trying to do as such. For this to take place the FTC told me to have everyone I've spoken with or read complaints from about Aurora Loan Services to contact them. Not only that, they advised me to contact the U.S. District Attorney's office, at which I did. Below are phone numbers for such, but in the event that the phone numbers get's bleeped out, you can do a search on the net for each.

1. Federal Trade Commission
Office of Inspector General
Room 1110
600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20580
General complaints:

2. The U.S. District Attorneys Office:
[protected]
speak with the paralegal department

3. Comptroller of the Currency

4. Thrift Supervision Department
[protected]

5. Federal Depository Insurance Corp (FDIC)

6. Your State Attorney General's office
in my case Lisa Madigan
ag.state.il.us/

7. Colorado Better Business Bureau

8. Nebraksa Better Business Bureau

9. Arizona Better Business Bureau
[protected]

The FTC also told me to have all interested parties print off a copy of the Truth in Lending Act as on their consumer/credit/rates page.

Please, we all have to pool together our efforts to stop these people. The FTC assured me that once enough complaints have been registered a class action lawsuit WILL be filed. Let's not let Aurora Lending Services (aka Lehman Brothers) get away with this!!!

Shari
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
U.S.A.

Ro

Comments

• Jj
      21st of Jul, 2009

I have had nothing but an insane run around and am willing to do whatever it takes to take these people to court. They have denied me and then approved me in two separate calls. Clearly its all very subjective there. Yes I am "accpeted" for a new 90 waiting period but I'm having my lawyer look at their convoluted agreement before I sign it because so far they've done nothing but literally waste my time and play games. Why can't this process be transparent? They are not tryin gto help us in any way, that is clear. I'll be happy to tell my whole story to the lawyers, let's take these jerks to court!!!
    Jared Lovejoy, Seattle WA

26th of Jul, 2009

I need help Aurroa is doing this to me and they supposely sold my home I don't know who to trust and we did everything they said to do to save our home but somehow they are getting away with this. I want some potection and justice can anyone help me? Cheryl Menchaca call me or email me my # is 951 216-1191 or my email is Logan7112002@aol.com help fast please

• Re
      14th of Oct, 2009

Our names are George Beltran and Maria V. Rivera. We would like to add our names to the long list of frustrated, defrauded, and abused plaintffs v.s. Aurora Loan Services LLC. We presently have an open case in court and we have been awarded a Temporary Restraining Order for a Notice of Trustee Sale scheduled for October 22, 2009. We live in the State of California and we took to court Aurora Loan Services for breaching a loan forbearance agreement that was suppossed to lead us into a permanent loan modification contract when they sold the property from under my cousins feet. I was able to get Aurora Loan Services to rescind the foreclosure sale and filed in court a summons and complaint. The next step was in this path to figh for her rights under California Law was for us to get a TRO approved by a Judge. It is not easy and very time consuming, but it can be done. I am not a lawyer, and I was able to help my relative. They have not made one single attempt to contact me or my cousin the homeowner to resolve the simple issue that started the whole debacle. I have many years of experience in real estate transactions and I decided to help my cousin because it is very common to see banks abusing borrowers who are not educated enough to respond properly to a myriad of traps and questions set up by the servicing agents, beneficiaries, and substituted trustee teams with eloquent counselors. There is always people blaming the system that it does not work, but it does work if you are honest and don't try to fool the justice system. The people that want the Obama Plan to go away are those that are sucking dry the cow (the bankers and beneficiaries) because they want to go back to their old ways of throwing out people out of their homes. All those people complaining about how the banks are spending the money on golden retirment parachutes are the same that think they are too slick to get caught because they are sitting down on the 11th floor of a great bankers or mortgage servicing office funded by the untagged money of the stimulus plan. They want the Obama Administration to give up on helping main street borrowers and let the zealots of wall street mandate their creative financing ideas again so we can all go to hell with their greed. I do believe that the Obama Initiative to help homeowners isnot trapping the real FAT rats from the banks that are eating away the money with payroll checks for high and mighty attitude employees with fat bonuses, and they are not helping the poor, or allow the money to flow to refinance homes to make the economy jump start again. The same reason that created the Real Estate Crash(GREED), will dissipate the smoked mirrored effects of FEW well intentioned social programs because the owners of the banks don't allow the government programs to works because they go againts their principles . President OBAMA, God Bless You and I hope you get a better team of auditors to review the books all the damn banks that are stealing you and me as a taxpayer blind. This Is George Beltran and my phone number is (760) 840-1001 in case anyone wants my help.

• Gj
      27th of Oct, 2009

I have been working on several short sales with ALS and they just are so Incompetent it is ridiculous. They have minimum wage customer service agents as their front line. I have worked with a lot of companies and they are by far the worst. They will say anything to get you off the phone, even before they speak with you they have a recording giving you some BS info and tell you that the customer service agent can not tell you anything else. When or if you can get a supervisor they just tell you or well that's how it works too bad wait in line, click. I actually just got off the phone with a supervisor who said that! Five days ago they were working on the file and now we need to wait another 60 days for a response.

If there were a national database where we could list these complaints and send to our senators that would be great!

It is our money they are using after all, HOW ABOUT SOME ACCOUNTABILITY!

• Su
      17th of Nov, 2009

We have also been put through the ringer- and are trying to start a classs action lawsuit against Aurora. Go to my space-search Sue Aurora or facebook Sue Aurora or facebook Class action aurora and leave your info.

Good luck to all and together we can make a difference.

Amy (Sue Aurora)

• Ri
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Hello

I am glad I found someone to talk about my situation and any help would be helpful.
    Aurora made payment plans we made payments they never did anything. Now they denied our loan modification just because they did not receive our papers which we faxed.

Today received sale date notice and they are not willing to help me.

Please help us save this home we do not want to lose our home.

Rizwan Elahi

• Ph
      16th of Aug, 2010

MY MORTGAGE HAS JUST BEEN SOLD TO AURORA AND MY MORTGAGE IS ALMOST 2 MONTHS BEHIND BUT I WILL BE ABLE TO PAY THOSE TWO MONTHS AT THE END OF AUGUST (THIS MONTH) WITH LATE FEES AS WELL. THE HORROR STORIES I HAVE READ AND UNBELIEVABLE AND I NEED KNOW ANYONE...IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO NOT END UP LOSING MY HOME TO THESE PEOPLE SINCE I WILL HAVE THE FULL AMOUNT AT THE END OF THE MONTH...IF IN THE EVENT THEY TRY TO TAKE MY HOME BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH...I WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK TO THIS COMMENT SECTION AND SIGN UP FOR THE CLASS ACTION SUIT! ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED AND THANKS MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND GOD BE WITH US ALL IN THIS MESS!
    PHYLLIS AND ANDRE WOODS
    phylliswoods8301@hotmail.com

17th of Aug, 2010

I've been dealing with trying to get a modification from Aurora for over a year. They originally agreed to a modification of $1200 per month under the Obama plan. We made every payment during the trial period on time. The three month trial turned into six months. When we finally heard from them, they decided we no longer qualified and wanted us to pay $2800 per month! My financial representative had me refile for modification and after several months I was offered $2600 a month, but there version of a modification was not changing my interest rate and leaving me with a higher payment than I had started with. Now I don't know what's going to happen. They don't seem to want to help work with homeowners to help keep them in their homes. I am so tired of dealing with this company. They are clearly unfair, my second mortgage was quickly settled with GMAC... they were great. chela_559@yahoo.com

• St
      18th of Aug, 2010

I got the run-around also. We've been working on a Loan Modification since November. Was denied, then approved in April. While waiting on new paperwork, they kept asking for more of the same docs. They lost our submitted docs. We were told "Your home will not be sold" during review for Obama's HAMP program. They LIED; They sold it anyway (TO THEMSELVES). Then we received a letter stating that we were denied a modification because the property was already sold.

Go Figure.

Still Fighting2

• Hb
      20th of Aug, 2010

Aurora Loan Services LLC may have deceived homeowners into “workout agreements” that gave them false hope of avoiding a default on their mortgages, according to a new lawsuit These “workout agreements” allegedly duped homeowners into paying tens of thousands of dollars for months on end while the company purported to work on their behalf to secure loan modifications.

I work with attorneys at HBSS who represent homeowners in California in a class action suit against Aurora Loan Services. If you believe you were deceived by Aurora Loan Services, you should contact them at hbsslaw.com/aurora.

• Lo
      14th of Sep, 2010

Once again my husband and I are consumers that have an Aurora Loan Servicing complaint.

We received our Loan Modification from ALS and this is our scenerio;
    We have been dealing with them for over a year now.

Here's their agreement in documents that we have to sign and sent back notorized within 5 days;

starting Aug 1st, 2010 the amt payable under this new note is $196, 044 consisting of unpaid amts to them.

$41, 000 of the new principle balance shall be deferred principle balance and no payments or interest with be made to this amt.

The new principle balance will be $155, 044 with be according to the schedule listed below, with the new interest bearing payment scheduled for Sept 1.
    The new maturity date with be Aug, 2050. Now we have a 40 year mortgage with the following loan modification schedule;

1-5 yrs @ 2%
    6 yr @ 3%
    7 yr @ 4%
    8-40 yrs @4.25%

Deferred principle balance of 41, 000 is still owed under the note by the earliest of a) if sold or tranfer of property, b) the date of entire interest bearing principle balance is paid off or, c) the new maturity date of 40 yrs.

With our modification package is a document drafted and needing notory is a 'Notice of No Oral Agreements" and 'Error and Omissions/Compliance Agreement' and 'Attorney Selection Notice.'

Who are the attorney's starting this Classaction Lawsuit that is willing to help the consumers with this company???? We want justice too!!

Mark and Lori Oman
    Shoreview, MN
    lorioman@ymail.com

• Sw
      4th of Oct, 2010

I read your comments and agree with you. Due to the economy I am like many homeowners facing foreclosure and sheriff's sale. I have tried 2 times to modify my loan but was refused both times. A sheriff's sale was scheduled for 8/20/10 at 10 am. One week prior I notified Aurora and their attorney that it had been discovered that according to Ohio law the mortgage signed by my wife was defective and that we plan to proceed with an affirmative defense to prevent my wife's interest in the property to stand. Miraculously the evening before the sheriff's sale the sale was stopped. Since 8/19/2010 we have not heard from Aurora and their intentions.

I am 61 years old and could qualify for a reverse mortgage in March 2011. I asked them to consider reducing the principal amount so that I could pay off part of the amount but again no response.

I urge everyone reading this blog to check their loan closing documents which may contain many violations which I found.

• Da
      16th of Dec, 2010

I was also told by the FTC that if enough complaints are filed they will investigate, hopefully in my lifetime. I have huge issues with their Aurora loans imcomptent customer service! I have requested an audit of my account repeatedly and have yet to see that. I continue to fax my requests to 1-303-728-7648 everyone, fax mass letters and keep for records. Let's sue this company!!! and GMAC they are all hiding behind the Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z the Bank of the Federal Reserve is to thank for that fiasco, they "reserve the right to freeze heloc/equity lines AFTER REAFFIRMATION no reinstatement options, an no access to available funds, i found that out when i requested checks for withdrawal. Where is the "good faith" on there part, how can they say the terms stay the same after reaffirmation and then freeze the account. make them produce original loan documents THEY are responsible for that, how can they forclose on a mortgage when they don't even own the loan documents!!! DO I HERE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ANYONE!!!

• Da
      16th of Dec, 2010

Attention Everyone!!
    fax the Federal Trade Commision 202-326-2012 if they receive enough complaints they will investigate companies like Aurora Loan Services and GMAC don't let them get away from ripping off us hard working American. Fax inforamtion daily, bombard the FTC with complaints to draw attention to what is happening with these companies, if we stand together we can make a change! stay strong folks, we are not victims of the system and deserve to own the American Dream of home ownership!!! Many Blessings to all!!! Dana