Aul Warranty / Won't pay

1 Napa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-826-3207

I bought a used 2002 vw passat. Eight, eight days later, yes, eight it was towed to the vw mechanics where it sits now, 13 days later! Aul will pay $3, 000. 00. The mechanics say it will take $4, 500. 00 to fix it correctly. These mechanics are rated # 1 in my state (Mo) , have been in business for years, and they know what they are talking about. As a matter of fact they said they have never experienced anything like what aul is trying to do to me. They remain in constant contact with me. I wish i could say the say for aul. We need to email your state attourney and your state's consumer help folks and corbon copy in these aul crooks. This is the email i have for aul; [email protected]
We should not have to take this!!! And i intend not to!!!

Ka

Comments

27th of Aug, 2014

These people are the worst...i have a few words i could call them but i will tell you what my nehaninehanic whos been in businesbusinessbusiness gor thirty years said about them...their crazy, insurance company is a fraud, and i should take them to small claims court. Dealer where i bought my charger said their being ridculous... im stuck and dont know what to do about a bad engine..hatehate these guys

• Ea
      10th of Dec, 2014

as a dealer selling this warranty I have been very satisfied with their claims rate. You should always have a car inspected by your personal mechanic and do some research before you buy any model of car or truck you may be interested in. As selling car dealer I do my best to stay away from problematic cars.

I was reading the threads really a LS Lincoln ? The Jaguar is a suck ### car nothing but problems. Range Rover is a total piece of crap. 2003 Durango, dude Google that truck for problems you would of never purchased it. That goes for any of you dummies that bought the cars you purchased or failed to have them independently inspected on your own. The only car in this thread that I do take chances on would be the F350 as long as its not the 6.0 and if it is the 6.0 make sure it has the modification done to the engine already. From time to time I will by the Lincoln LS but only in the V8. The 6 cyl has isues to many for me.

• Ni
      1st of Jan, 2015

I bought a 2011 Chevy Impala from a Chevy dealer a little over a year ago and purchased an extended warranty from them at the time, however; they failed to tell me it was an after market warranty which turned out to be AUL. No problems with the GM warrentty when I needed work done but this AUL warrentty is not number to bumper as the dealer indicated when I bought the vehicle. I am absolutely furious that I paid $2255 and that was not what I wanted. When I recently took my car in because there was air coming through the window when it was up that was when I found out that I had not purchased an extended GM warrenty but instead it was AUL. They covered nothing and I ended up with a bill that I had not expected. The dealer has not heard the end of this yet.

• Sn
      17th of Feb, 2015

I currently am having problems too was told that I cannot change my own oil and that the oil is too old to use after 6 months after I bough it !!! Ima talk to a lawyer today and if we get enough complaints maybe we can make this a class action against AUL!!!

• Te
      5th of Sep, 2015

I also purchased a warranty Contract back in July 2014 on my 2008 Mini Cooper. I recently had my car in the shop due to a timing chain that needs replaced. Thinking that Im good with having a Warranty I get a phone call from the dealership saying they wont cover my repairs due to me not honoring the contract. Meaning the Maintenance wasn't done oil changes every 4000 miles or 4 months . Well having a Mini Cooper we know there every 10, 000 miles with oil change. So that's where they got me on not covering the repairs needed. They would not budge and cancelled my contract . Im waiting for refund of course they will Pro rate it. I talked to 2 different customer service reps . Both were not helpful .. Horrible company .. Beware..

• Ke
      2nd of Dec, 2015

Purchased an extended warranty plan for $3, 500. I paid for every option available, including the enhanced electrical policy. They denied an electronic module that controls the blinkers, gas gauge, and hazard lights claim. They denied the claim due to some corrosion on the wire. The module is inside the rear quarter panel of my ML350..This is a classic case of a perfect warranty scenario.. No where in the contract did it state it would not cover any electrical component due to corrosion or whatever reason they deem necessary to deny the claim. I was told everything was covered with only a $100 deductible. When the service adviser called me AUL He told me they would not pay for anything, and they have the right to deny ANY claim. Very RUDE and basically only left me the option to sue them in small claims court. I was very courteous and respectful on the phone, however the representative that called me was very cynical and rude. A complete rip off company.. Extended warranties are for peace of mind in case the out of ordinary malfunction or repair happens to your vehicle. I realize they all have some restrictions but in my case purchasing the enhanced electrical policy that cost more should cover an electronic component that no one can access or knows exist.

• Ta
      11th of Apr, 2016

My daughter just purchased a 2006 Pontiac G6. the electric power assist went out which is covered by the drivetrain. It's a recall which had been already fixed once. But the mechanic used the module word at the end of that part so they say it's not covered as it is electrical. (AUL warranty) Well the thing is, that this module or power assist is the whole power steering control without it you cant drive it as it's locked up. My grandson coming onto the freeway by on ramp that has a 90 degree turn all of a sudden the steering wheel locked up and went straight into the gravel area, thank god was there. I drove by it the other day and he locked those brakes up and burned some rubber.This crap with electrical steering, electrical transmission's and I'm sure there are more electrical this and that's that I haven't heard about yet. It's all about the name game or maybe word game. Gotta make sure you say it right or it wont be covered. Definitely filing against these guys and GM. This is considered a safety issue. Someone needs to pay.

• Ra
      19th of Aug, 2016

I agree with most of these people and have been investigating the AUL company warranty issues as i have one. I have not used it but when i purchased it there was nothing said about pre existing issues or maintenance schedules or records prior to my ownership of the vehicle. When they sell the warranty contract it is all about " your covered" "peace of mind" but i see ( as i suspected) that there are grey areas and the whole thing is worded to their advantage to be interpreted anyway they choose. i also see its not PAID/ they pay what they feel like paying/ or set limits on what they will pay for specific repairs and even dictate what parts will be used. This should all be informed to the warranty purchaser so the individual can be aware of how these companies operate. We as consumers also should have a legal source for dealing with fraud and abuse by such businesses and to keep them honest. I am surprised they are allowed to operate with all this : renaming vehicle parts and disavowing coverage and dictating cost of repairs and placing blame where there is none. I fortunately have made a living my whole life and never have i had to work in an industry that would make me daily compromise my integrity. If they do not want to pay? then do not sell contracts on old vehicles . If you have no intention to deliver for the unexpected ? then do not promise you will. If they try to cheat me out of what i see in the contract? I will enlist every legal means/ media attention/ fraud agency/ inspector general/
    you name it/ until i get satisfaction or my money back.

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2019

AUL, the service people I have dealt with all day are nice BUT the warranty SUCKS BIG TIME!! I have a transmission that is leaking and they ok'd $5, 000 for my trany to be fixed. The catch is they will not repair the one in the car but is willing to replace it w/a USED one! If I want the one in the car fixed I have to pay for the parts. This does not make any sense to me at all, why not fix the one in it?? DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY it is a RIP-OFF!! My Transmission guy is as puzzled as I am!! The used trany is $1, 200, I still have $ to work with what is the frickin' problem?? The used car people that sold me this vehicle a little over a month ago are just as shadey as the warranty they sold me!!! What in the hell is this world coming to?? How can we screw you is all I have heard during this catastrophe!! Buy a new car, will it be any better?? God Bless my transmission mechanic he is the only one, so far, that hasn't screwed me!! This is not over yet!!