AT&T Wireless / at&t wireless poor customer service

P.O. Box 755Atwater, CA, United States Review updated:
3.35
During the past week I attempted to order service with AT&T Wireless. When their credit department was unable to access my credit report I was directed to contact Equifax. I contacted Equifax and determined that my telephone numbers needed updating and this would be completed in 72 hours. When I called AT&T Wireless back, 4 days later the representative I spoke with, Michelle Seymour, placed me on hold to check with their credit department. She stated they were trying to call me and placed me on hold. When she came back on the line I asked how they could call me when I'm currently on the telephone with her. She did not answer this question directly and continued to state that they must contact me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she refused. When I pressed the issue of a customer complaint she provided the following address, P.O. Box 755, Atwater, CA 95301. After two 30 minute calls and the company's refusal to connect me with a supervisor. I've determined that AT&T is not a company I will do business with.
Va

Comments

Ch
  26th of Aug, 2009
It is very nice to know that someone else had the same problem as I do. I tried to transfer my family plan from another wireless provider to AT&T after they sent me an email about their discount through corporate sponshorship and I decided to give it a try. After almost wasting half day going through their website (badly designed) and figured out how to transfer all of my numbers and placed the order. I received order cancellation next day. I called the following day inquiring why and they told me that their credit check through Equifax has meant that they require >$500 deposit for each of the 4 phones I ordered, this means I have bad credit. When I ask them to show me what credit score they are getting as it contradicts with what I had just checked a couple of months ago and my credit is more than excellent. They refused to tell me and the supervisor I spoke to after >30min wait did the same.

Yes, I agree with you AT&T is not the company I thought they are. It has completely changed my perception of this company. To me, it is absuing customer's personal information and trust. It does not worth my time at all.
Rn
  15th of Jan, 2010
I try not to contact AT&T Wireless, if I don't have. The worst customer service ever! Every time I call AT&T, I am end up speaking with 2-4 reps due to the their lack of the product infos & bad customer service. I asked for the Manager, the supervisor said Manager does not talk to the customers and they do not have the time talk.??? I will be writing a letter to the company CEO about the my recent call experience with reps. I will not conduct any types business with AT&T, once my contract is up for renewal.

Bad customer service ever!!!
Ve
  3rd of Feb, 2014
AT&T is a such a bull ###. They just care about the payment. Never care about customer. Their technique support is a dog ###. They can never help you out with the serious problem. Don't open any contract on AT&T forever. Really bad service ever!
Sc
  24th of Mar, 2014
AT&T Retail Stores are now ripping people off by signing you up for this new Next Plan and not explaining that you will be paying $559.99 plus tax (for new iphone C) over monthly installments. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THIS BY THE RETAIL STORES !

AT&T Logo AT&T