AT&T Long Distance Usa / unfair billing practices!
AT&T assigned a bad number to my new home. The number was blocked by MCI for outstanding debts in past years.
AT&T said that they would give me a new number, but I would still have to pay the bill for the bad number.
I paid $106.
3 weeks later I received another bill for $53 on the bad number. AT&T said it was a bill for a partial month on the bad number. I paid $53.
One week later I received another bill from AT&T for $123 for a long distance call made to Thailand and I would have to pay, however, the agent agreed to drop the the charge down to $24. I paid $24.
One week later I received another bill from AT&T for $123. ON the phone again, and the AT&T agent said that It was dropped to $24, but I still had to pay additional taxes and fees amounting to $19. I paid $19.
Two days later I get another bill from AT&T for $123. I called and their agent said that I owed nothing and he would "stop the collection department errors".
I figured that it cost me about $200 to pay off a service that I never had from AT&T, but at least they wouldn't ruin my credit.
Five months later, December 18, 2006, I received a later from Money Control, Inc., a collection agency, for a debt of $123.07 owed to AT&T.
When I called AT&T, their computer would only only allow me to pay the bill, stating that I could not speak to an agent until the bill was paid.
More AT&T Long Distance Usa Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - Commercial complaint for DSL from a busy pharmacy !!!!
- AT&T - internet service, customer service 
- AT&T - customer service 
- AT&T - residential internet service set up
- AT&T - installation tech never showed up to appointment, horrible customer service when trying to find out when they will get here.