ATS Research / $1000 Free in Groceries

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I heard the advertisement on the radio thinking it was a good opportunity. Upon calling I was charged $3.95 for shipping of the card. I asked questions as to which stores am I able to use the card and the agent was unable to help. He continued and stated that I'm able to join other programs which I denied, he stated that it would be mailed to me to review and I could get free gas. Nevertheless, the card came and I had to sign up to receive my "savings". It was a www.grocerysavers.com site where they have coupons to specific items and to make matters worse you have to pay to have the coupons shipped to you. If I knew it was going to a coupon website, I could have saved my time and his and not bothered. The advertisement via radio states that you'll receive $1000 to grocery shop, not coupons. This is a waste and their advertisement needs to be pulled.

Comments

• Pg
      9th of Mar, 2010

Now they have made their way to Oklahoma. They are charging $13.95 for shipping and processing of the card alone. I asked for the name of the company so tht I could check it out first. I am glad I did.

• So
      21st of Mar, 2010

I live in oklahoma and called the number days ago and still have not received anything so tomorrow iam am calling them and the bank and cancel I will report how that goes thanks Joe OKC

• Lu
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I heard the commercial on a radio station in my state of Pennsylvania about $1000 to grocery shop. I knew it was too good to be true. I actually googled the company name while I was on the phone with the representative. Thank Goodness for new technology. I was reading all of these complaints as I was getting information from the representative on how much it cost to ship the card which he said in my state is would cost $9.75 plus shipping cost of coupons which would total $19.79. I laughed when I read the complaint about the guy that called back to speak to a mgr as I was telling the representative that I was no longer interested. Then I hung up, nonetheless he was trying to keep me on the phone but was unsuccessful thank goodness I didn't give him any of my personal information.

• Lu
      22nd of Mar, 2010

By the way the number I called was 1-888-373-6867

7th of Apr, 2010

These people are horrible. I am in crisis financial mode and to take advantage of people like this is horrible. First off I had to pay 20.00 for the rip off package. They never sent me anything. I was supposed to get 3 different packages-review the material and call the numbers and tell them about their products. Thank God I took notes. Derek #91 I swear I would slice his tires, he completely lied to me. I took notes on all the packages I was supposed to be mailed ---Well They didnt mail me squat. Thank goodness I searched and found all of your complaints. I had to call 5 numbers to get everything canceled. And like many of you said wrote down cancellation numbers so -I wont get screwed in the future. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA--Im so naive. The government should step in on this.

7th of Apr, 2010

Oh PS----The coupon bit is horrible. 1, 000 dollars my rear end. Who has time ti sit and wait for coupons to come in the mail--Isnt that why they already send us coupons in the Daily saver or Clipper magazines----Im going to post this on facebook

LMC777

You want to know about after the cancellation

Well first off I had to damn near threaten people to give me the cancellation numbers--and I didnt get ### back---Good for you --you make money while lying on your ###. I went through 6 years of college, 2 degrees and 4 certifications. Even if I dont make a ### load of money and have student loans coming out of my ###---I can sleep at night--because I do HONEST work. Thats what AMERICA should be about--Educated people--Doing HONEST work.

• Da
      7th of Apr, 2010

Thank God for Paypal. I too fell for this farce. I was lucky enough to have given them my PayPal debit card number to pay. Then I did some checking up on the internet of this company. Thatst when I first found this page. I called PayPal and told them what happened. Immediately PayPal canceled that card number and re issued me a new card. I had it in about a week.

22nd of Apr, 2010

hi i placed an order with these guys and i was well aware that it was coupons. i bought 160 worth of food for 11 dollars. if you are actually dumb enough to think anyone will send you a debt card or a check for 1000 bucks you deserve to go threw life not understanding things that probly why you dont have any money and call radio ads thinking theyre going to hand you a fat check. hand out are at the welfare office people. you dont actually pay for the shipping of them to you. they take it out of you 1000 dollars then reissue the coupons back to you again to recoupe the cost. ATS Research saved me a thousand dollars for 9.90. just think whatever you spent last year on food you will spend this year minus a 1000 bucks. STUPIDITY DOESNT PAY...OBVIOUSLY

• Mr
      28th of Apr, 2010

SO IM A [censored] THAT REALLY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GET $1000 FOR GROCERIES... I KIND OF KNEW THAT IT WAS A SCAM BUT GAVE THESE PEOPLE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!!! SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED MY BETTER JUDGEMENT... NOT TO MENTION MY CO-WORKERS!!! I CANCELLED MY CARD BEFORE ANYMORE CHARGES COULD BE POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT. LUCKILY ONLT $13.80 WERE TAKEN OUT!!! BUT TRUST ME IM GONNA GET MY $13 BACK!!! I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT!!! :(
    I DREAD HAVING TO TELL MY HUSBAND WHAT A [censored] I'VE BEEN AND THE FACT THAT I GAVE OUR CARD NUMBER OUT!!!

17th of May, 2010
    ATS Research - RIP OFF
    ATS RESEARCH
    165 PLEASANT AVE
    South Portland
    Maine

RADIO COMMERCIAL CLAIMS TO BE GIVING AWAY FREE GROCERIES. YOU CALL IN AND THEY SAY - WE HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO TO PROCESS.
    BEFORE YOU KNOW IT- I'M CHARGED $9.90 TO MY BANK ACCOUNT!!! AND I RECIEVE 'NO' FREE GROCERIES! THESE PEOPLE ARE WORTHLESS!!!

17th of May, 2010

NO COMPANY LIKE THIS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO EXIST BY OUR GOVERNMENT

• To
      9th of Jun, 2010

This is a bush league scam... They lead you on saying that you will receive the a card for $1000 dollars in groceries. Here's how I caught it...When he said that I would be getting a gift card...e.g. a debit card with $1000 balance, I asked the sales rep how they would know what I bought. He merely replied, we'll know everything you buy, you don't need to keep track of everything. That is when I knew that it was just a bunch of horse crap. I cancelled 20 minutes after I placed the order. Call this number and I was only on hold for about a minute 207-937-4801.

• Ms
      15th of Aug, 2010
    ATS Research - Misrepresentation
    ATS Research
    Maine
    myonlinegrocerycoupons.com

I heard about this great offer, a study being done out of Maine, you pay 13.70, and then you would recieve a grocery gift card for $1, 000. However I recieved a gift card for an online website for coupons that you can print out for free. They charge you .75 cents for shipping the free coupons, and there is no way to cancel your subscription. The numbers lead you to a female operator, who states that you have reached the wrong office, however she cannot provide you with the correct number.

• Am
      28th of Sep, 2010

So, in calling to find out about the true nature of this program, (A SCAM!!!), I called several different customer service numbers. The same representative "Jose, operator number 040" answered the phone each time. He was incredibly rude, not letting me finish my questions, and he interrupted me several times. At one point, while I was trying to question what in the heck the company actually does, how is it free money if you have to pay for the service and the coupons, and he told me "What you are saying is irrelevant. You're talking about something that doesn't matter". Next, he told me he had nothing to do with my order from the grocery coupons website (I thought that the coupons would be free b/c I was in the program - So wrong!). He told me that I'd have to call the number from the website, and that he didn't know the number to give it to me. Then, when I call the number from the website, I am put on hold twice for 10 minutes, and finally, when I got a person to answer, who was it but JOSE!! again!!! lying [censor], telling me he didn't have the number and putting me on hold. At the end of the conversation< I actually said (very sarcastically) "And thanks for keeping me on hold for so long". And the dick actually said "You're welcomed!!" NOT ONLY IS THIS A SCAM, the person "JOSE" THAT RUNS THE PHONE IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED, EVER! WHOEVER HIRED HIM SHOULD LOOK INTO FIRING HIM OR AT THE VERY LEAST GETTING HIM SOME SUPERVISION. HE IS CLEARLY REPORTING TO NO ONE AND ABUSING HIS POSITION.

• Sh
      9th of Oct, 2010

I heard the radio ad in San Antonio. I called the number, 888-438-4313. I was on my way to work so didn't expect to sign up anyway at that moment, I just wanted the info. They CSR gave me the schpeal about the program, but as soon as he said that you were "invited to benefit from other opportunities" I figured it was a scam. Plus, they wanted to charge $23.95 to get started. He did say the savings came from coupons, but eluded to that fact that the coupons I would receive would be for "free" groceries. I asked him if they had a website so that I could get more information. He gave me www.mlrmarketresearch.com. Guess what? There is no such website. So, I guess it is a scam. You wouldn't think so since they are spending money to put out the commercials, but I guess they figure they'll get enough suckers to pay them that it will more than cover the overhead.

I have not called back and I haven't heard the commercial again. I guess the ole' addage of "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" is true.

3rd of Nov, 2010

hide yo kids hide yo wife and hide your husbands cuz they rapin everybody out here

• As
      3rd of Nov, 2010

Thank you for this site. I heard the ad on a radio station in San Diego today and wanted to call, but something said to google the number. I am extremely grateful.

6th of Jan, 2011

I fell for this stupid scam!!! ugh

• Di
      12th of Jan, 2011

The company advertising for $1, 000.00 worth of groceries is now in San Diego. Now they ARE NOT telling you about the "other opportunities" until AFTER you've given them your credit card number. I take part in several reputable market research projects and its not completely unrealistic for such a program to exist. So don't feel stupid for responding. Its a shame and a scam that these people are calling themselves market researchers, and tainting the phrase for the actual market research companies out there. This is a scam. I politely told the representative that I was not interested in participating if it meant I had to commit to any auto-renewing club, program, or charge. He said, "thanks for wasting my time" and hung up. What an unethical, uneducated, pitiful person. HE wasted MY time. His company is wasting the time and money of hard-working San Diegans. Channel 93.3 should better audit their advertisers. I hope this helps.