ATLAS (HCC Medical Insurance Services)Medical Bill not paid

I got this Insurance for my mother from http://www.immihelp.com where ATLAS (HCC Medical Insurance Services) are listed as one one of the insurance company. I bought this Insurance, based on two reviews listed on the immihelp.com. Reviews were good, so got this Insurance for my mom. My mom's legs started paining all of sudden and couldn't stop paining with off the counter pain medication. So after two weeks we took her to doctor, and found that she has to undergo surgery. Doctors office checked with HCC medical insurance and HCC said it's all good to go and HCC will pay 80% for the surgery which is by the way according to Insurance plan I bought. Because 20% were from our pocket, we paid first 20% in doctor's office. After 2 months, we received the bill from doc office that HCC is not ready to pay bill for rest of the amount. When called HCC, they said the claim forms were not submitted. After a phone call with them, they said they are willing to consider the claims and will let us know about the decision.See Top 10 Worst Companies in San Diego, CAWithin month, we got denial letter from HCC saying all the claims were rejected and patient is responsible to pay the amount of $28500 to doctors and this time the reason is pre-existing condition. I told them that legs did pain two year earliers but leg pain went away with off the counter medication. This time the pain just won't go away. I asked the doctor and he said that if this type of pain was there 2 years earlier, it would have needed surgery right then. So I gave example to HCC saying that if your head was paining 2 years earlier and it went away after taking off the counter medication and you again have head pain two years later and now the pain won't go away with off the counter medication and this time you discovered that you got brain tumor, so is this called pre-existing condition. HCC had no answer for this. I personally think HCC medical insurance from ATLAS is fraud. Please don't waste your money in buying travel insurance from this company. You might end up in Medical debt and mental stress for rest of your life.

Comments

•   Jul 26, 2011

Hello,

My name is Muhammad Yasin, I am a client advocate for HCC Medical Insurance Services. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the product you purchased from us. We cover over 140, 000 people every year with our Atlas product and take our customer service very seriously. I would like to offer my assistance and will be sending you a private message with my direct email address.

Jul 29, 2011

Hi Nilesh-bh,
    I'm curious if you were able to get some assistance from HCC following your complaint? I'm looking at various visitor health insurance plans, Atlas being one of them. So far however I have had no luck even getting a rep on the phone via the company-provided [protected] number. The wait just to talk to a sales rep has been unusually long (I waited 20+ minutes each time before giving up).

• Ni
      Aug 04, 2011

Hello Janex,
    I wouldn't recommend buying insurance from ATLAS (HCC Medical Insurance company) and the guy you see Muhammed Yasin pretending to help you is not actually doing anything. I now started to believe that its just company policy to post a sorry comment and pretend to help, but in reality do not do anything about it.

• Sc
      Dec 26, 2011

Please specify what the leg pain was about. Was it related to arthiritis or something else? Please provide the details.

• Ed
      Jan 21, 2012

My daughter bought this insurance and has had a numner of claims which were denied by the compan because they say she didn't provide necessary inof. We have copies of the inofrmation forms sent for each claim and the close the file without acknowledging receipt. The even do this when the doctors office has gotten a pre-approval for the procedure(MRI). They go out of their way to not pay claims and we are consuting with an attorney.

• Sc
      Feb 14, 2012

EBD53, I think you should follow up with them to see what paperwork is missing from where, and accordingly have them all the necessary paperwork. After that, they would have no reason to not pay your eligible claims.