Asurion Insurance / sending bad phones once claim is made and deductable is paid

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

I paid monthly premium and when phone went bad, I paid $85 deductable and got a used and barely working phone. When I called to return the phone I got lot of wait time and cold shoulder. They forced me to send the phone first so they can check my claim and then send the phone. They promised this will have turn around of 24 hrs. I did not get the phone for 2 days. I called back and was told they made error and not sure what happend. Again this is after 30 minutes of conversation now with very rude supervisor. I cancelled my insurance and requested refund of my deductable. I was told it will take 4 weeks for refund to show up and was told to give then a call if I do not get refund!!. Extreamly bad services and I would advise a word of caution before you insure your phone with this scamming company.

Av

Comments

• Jg
      8th of Feb, 2010

I am someone that travels a great deal. My bberry is my lifeline and this company keeps sending me bad phones!! I am now going to need my 3rd replacement phone sent to me. It's great that they will send one within 24 hours, but I am sitting in an airport and will not be home for 4 days and so a phone sitting on my porch 24 hours from now really doesn't get the job done. This is incredibly frustrating.

• Wt
      19th of Mar, 2010

I DO AGREE THAT THE PHONES THAT COME FROM ASSURION ARE NOT THE BEST WORKING PHONES. I HAVE HAD TIMES WHERE THEY HAVE HAD TO SEND ME TWO MORE REPLACEMENT PHONE TO REPLACE A REPLACEMENT.

IT ALWAYS SEEMS THAT IS A MALFUNCTIONING BATTERY OR THE PHONE DOES NOT CHARGE CORRECTLY.

AS FAR AS SERVICE THEY ARE GREAT, EASY AND THEY WILL SHIP THE PHONE ANYWHERE U LIKE IN TWENTY FOUR HOURS AND THEIR CLAIM PROCESS IS FAST AND EASY.