Assurant / Assurant wont reveal terms of CompUSA extended warranty
Don't know whether they'll even send
me a hardcopy of warranty.
I'm pessimistic that extended warranty
extends past end of mfr warranty,
because Assurant's sales pitch is
that their warranties cover issues
not covered in mfr warranty (so
logically they could say that the
both warranties run during year 1 and
the extended warranty expires after
year 2 from purchase). Of course
this isn't what salesman actually
said, and price was far too high
for just residual coverage in yr 1.
Live and learn -- don't buy
extended coverage = duplicate coverage.
Laptop purchased 12 sep 2006 (just over 2 yr ago) from CompUSA with 2-yr TAP so-called "extended warranty" . I need new battery. Called [protected] number for TAP on compusa.com . Rep told me that he was told to say that 2 years begins with purchase even tho mfr (Toshiba) picks up first year. Same problem as Mrs. Wells reported 2007.
I asked to have terms of warranty mailed to me. Rep said that his company (Assurant) doesn't mail or e-mail and has no copies of warranty. I can write to Fed Warranty Svc (address above) and ask please to get copy of warranty, but no promises. When I press to have an address for "Assurant" he finally asked supervisor and was told that corporate address of Assurant is same as above, FWSC PO Box 105689 Atlanta GA 30348.
I find this less than honest of Assurant, aside from having been lied
to by the saleperson at CompUSA (Edison NJ) on 12 sep 2006, who told me that
TAP picks up after mfr warranty expires.
Assurant must have corporate address (not just P.O.) to receive lawsuits;
they just hide this info.
More Assurant Complaints & Reviews
- IQ Data International / RentCollect - Harassment 
- Assurant Health - Beware 
- Assurant Specialty Property - No service only lip service 
- Assurant Solutions - Awful experience 
- First Extended Service Corporation - Bogus company 
- RentCollect Global - debt collection
- RentCollect Global - rude representatives!!!
- Assurant Solutions - product registration home appliances
- RentCollect Global - unethical behaviour
- Assurant Solutions - failure to honor 2 year 360 warranty with accidental damage