Assurant / Assurant wont reveal terms of CompUSA extended warranty

1 P.O. Box 105689Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Don't know whether they'll even send

me a hardcopy of warranty.

I'm pessimistic that extended warranty

extends past end of mfr warranty,

because Assurant's sales pitch is

that their warranties cover issues

not covered in mfr warranty (so

logically they could say that the

both warranties run during year 1 and

the extended warranty expires after

year 2 from purchase). Of course

this isn't what salesman actually

said, and price was far too high

for just residual coverage in yr 1.

Live and learn -- don't buy

extended coverage = duplicate coverage.

Laptop purchased 12 sep 2006 (just over 2 yr ago) from CompUSA with 2-yr TAP so-called "extended warranty" . I need new battery. Called [protected] number for TAP on compusa.com . Rep told me that he was told to say that 2 years begins with purchase even tho mfr (Toshiba) picks up first year. Same problem as Mrs. Wells reported 2007.

I asked to have terms of warranty mailed to me. Rep said that his company (Assurant) doesn't mail or e-mail and has no copies of warranty. I can write to Fed Warranty Svc (address above) and ask please to get copy of warranty, but no promises. When I press to have an address for "Assurant" he finally asked supervisor and was told that corporate address of Assurant is same as above, FWSC PO Box 105689 Atlanta GA 30348.

I find this less than honest of Assurant, aside from having been lied

to by the saleperson at CompUSA (Edison NJ) on 12 sep 2006, who told me that

TAP picks up after mfr warranty expires.

Assurant must have corporate address (not just P.O.) to receive lawsuits;

they just hide this info.

Va

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2009

I am having same problem with Assurant and CompUSA's extended warranty. Total scam. You have to repeatedly call customer service and wear-them-down to get service. I spent an entire Saturday afternoon calling and calling until I got a Rep. that would help me. Here here is a current list of officers and directors:

Principal Address
Title T
PAGANO, CHRISTOPHER J

Es
  8th of Sep, 2009

first off we bought a 4 year extended warranty through nebraska furniture mart (really only 3 years).
then the tv broke and we had to have it repaired, the assurant company LOST OUR FILE!
So we had to spend $5 to have it faxed over to them via fedex/kinkos and wait 2 weeks for them to update their system.
2 weeks later they said they would have a local repair center come out and pick up the tv for repair (what happened to the IN HOME they offered on the contract?).
First they tried fixing the settings, nothing worked. They tried changing out a part, didn't work.
Then they finally found the problem and ordered the part from toshiba, it came in defective.
They ordered ANOTHER part, which also came in defective, we're running on 60 days now without a tv, and the warranty company fights for another week trying to say that they cannot give us anything as long as toshiba keeps shipping the parts (what happened to the 3rd repair on same problem instant payout in the contract?).
Finally we get them to settle and send us out the credit/check. To our surprise it's in the amount of $560! (we paid $700 for the tv).
We argue with them for another week about the fact they're not giving what was stated in their contract, every rep said "you get what we give you".
After all this time were were very tired of dealing with them and settled for the $560.
Now 3 weeks later we call and are told it's being sent by check, but has not been mailed yet (3 weeks no mailing?).
We call back and another rep says it's being issued as a store credit and we aren't getting a mailed check (what the hell?).
we call back several more times, some of the reps even tell us we cancelled the check and opted for in store credit so we have to wait 48 business hours for the check to be cancelled and it to be sent to the store.
after the 48 business hours we call back and they say THEY'RE SENDING A CHECK.

At this point we're thinking of going to the news and telling our story to see if we can get our legal fees paid for when we take them to court.

DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY'S THROUGH NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART OR ANYTHING THAT SAYS "ASSURANT"

Co
  14th of Oct, 2009

Hilda,

Directly quoting you, "Assurant's sales pitch is that their warranties cover issues not covered in mfr warranty".

Unfortunately, Assurant doesn't have a "sales pitch" at the point of sale, only because there are no associates that sell the warranties at the store. If it was an associate that works for CompUSA stating that, then his/her statement is null only because the contract is the actual Terms & Conditions and not something said verbally.

Im assuming you're another ignorant consumer, who used the pamphlet (Terms & Conditions) as a coaster for your soda at home. I suggest that you try and find the pamphlet in the garbage, and actually read it. If you have problems understanding the language/verbage, then you should consult a 4th grade English teacher.

Hu
  31st of Dec, 2010
Assurant - unforseen damage
assurant
oklahomay.city
Oklahoma

wind blue sideing of side of house and discoverd there was dryrot damage. assurany adtuster said they could help with replscing siding but not the damage due to dry rot that ny home oweners pooice didn't cover unfor seen damages.

Ll
  9th of Aug, 2011
Assurant - CAN'T GET THE RIGHT DEPARTMENT TO HANDLE MY CLAIM
LARRY LARRABEE
Daytona Beach
Florida

i BOUGHT A MOTRCYCLE, AND THE EXTENDED WARRENTY, AND I HAVE BEEN TRYINY TO GET HOLD OF THE RIGHT DEPARTMENT TO MAKE A CLAIM, OR TO GET IT GOING BUT THEY CANNOT PUT ME THROUGH TO THE RIGHT NUMBER, OR DIVISION TO TO THIS