Asset Acceptance / I don't know how anyone in America couldn't trust their validity
Asset Acceptance LLC has contacted me regarding a debt from 1999 with B of A, whom I have not used in at least 10 years and at the time I'd terminated my account in good standing for the reason of relocation.
Asset has my SSN (???), apparently will not validate the debt, has put the full burden of proof on me, and has even explained that I have yet another account with a company I have not used in at least 10 years and have had no knowledge of a debt to them either...guess they are waiting till later to bill me for that one.
When requesting validation, I was told that it was my responsibility to pull my credit report annually and I should have known the debt was on there, however I had pulled my credit report and never saw the debt.
When I questioned their credibility, I receive the haughty response that they "are a publicly traded company"...hmmm...well, considering that little factiod, I don't know how anyone in America couldn't trust their validity....(yup that was pure sarcasm there).
More Asset Acceptance Complaints & Reviews
- Asset Acceptance - AALLC is a debit scam! 
- Asset Acceptance LLC - Suing for charged off debt 
- Asset Acceptance LLC - Bunch of thieves! 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraud and scam 
- Asset Acceptance - Abstract of Judgement against me 
- Asset Acceptance Capital Corporation [AACC] - not my account 
- Asset Acceptance LLC - false collections 
- Asset Acceptance LLC - New Scam/Unclaimed Property
- Asset Acceptance - unwarranted charges on credit card i dont even have 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraudulent debt settlement letter