Asset Acceptance / How Can I Get Them To Stop Calling?
To the people who work for Asset Acceptance, or anyone who might know the answer to my question...
What do I have to do to get AACC to stop calling me and trying to collect on a debt for someone who doesn't live here, never has, and most definately never will?
I have been receiving calls for someone named Scott Roblenski (I don't know the exact spelling of the last name) for the past two years. I have no idea who he is, or how to contact him, yet AACC keeps calling my phone number on a debt he owes. I have had my phone number for almost four years now, and yea, changing my phone number would solve the problem, but why should I pay to change my number when all this company has to do is remove my number from whatever file they have on this guy? Maybe he had my number before me, or maybe he gave whoever he owes money to a random number to avoid being called. Whatever the reason, the calls I am receiving for him are getting annoying, mostly because I work overnight and I am usually trying to sleep during the hours AACC makes their calls. Unfortunately, because of my on-call status through my job, turning off the ringer on my phone or leaving my phone in another room is not an option.
I have called just about every number listed on AACC's website to try to get these calls to stop, and I have emailed them several times. Every person I have talked to so far has been really nice, so I have no complaints on how I was treated, and I usually get a response back on my emails within a day or two, but it seems no matter how many calls I make, emails I send out, or people I talk to, I just can't get through to them that calling my number will not help them talk to the person they wish to speak to any faster.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
More Asset Acceptance Complaints & Reviews
- Asset Acceptance - AALLC is a debit scam! 
- Asset Acceptance - I don't know how anyone in America couldn't trust their validity 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraud and scam 
- Asset Acceptance - Abstract of Judgement against me 
- Asset Acceptance - Scam and lies
- Asset Acceptance - not my account 
- Asset Acceptance - unwarranted charges on credit card i dont even have 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraudulent debt settlement letter
- Asset Acceptance - Trying to Ruin My Credit
- Asset Acceptance - No contact information for origial creditor