Asset Acceptance / Harassment

I have never heard from Asset Acceptance previously before the call I received from them while on the job. I asked them what was the nature of their call? They explained the reason for the call and I in turn TRIED to explain to them that I do not owe them or any other so-called company they are speaking on behalf of a dime. I am a victim of identity theft over 5 years ago and I did NOT charge this debt. They hung up on me. They never even tried to contact me at home, first call was to my place of employment. Thank gosh I am in Management where I am employed and it was not an ordeal I had to contend with. This company is a joke and very unprofessional. I have only been contacted once and I feel confident they got the picture and will no longer contact me.

Va

Comments

Mi
  6th of Jan, 2009

I have received phone calls and also received letters from them stating that I have a debt from a store and that they are simply collecting that debt. When I have asked them to disclose the name of the store they refuse to do so.

They have also stated perhaps I have been a victim of a identity theft.

Yet when I have ask them to take me to court for this debt they just simply end the phone call. Later a month or two I receive a letter in which they in for me that I should settle this debt by simply making payments. I strongly believe that this is a fraud. WATCH OUT!

As
  27th of Jan, 2010

I would like to get with other victims of Asset Acceptance Asset and sue them!

Here is my story: it is 2010 and Asset Acceptance LLC has just stolen $5000 from my bank account. They claim it is from an old $900. visa from 1995. They severed someone with my last name in an other state. That person discarded the summons and Asset Acceptance automatically got a default judgment against me. They then used a Domestic Interstate Transference to transfer the judgment to the state of my residence and take the money plus 15years worth of interest from my account. They are cowards and crooks and they purposely sneak cases through courts without giving you the chance to fight it. Asset Acceptance knows that the only way to win is by default. You often need a lawyer to fight them which is so costly that most people just "give in to them".

I have learned that they constantly troll these blogs because they DO NOT want us to know about each other and they especially do not want us talking to one another. If you see any comments that support their tactics I can guarantee you it is just one of there "employee ### plants"

Organizing together is the key (just "Google" their name and you can see that they MUST be stopped)

I have no legal expertise I am just a another victim who is determined to stop them...I have created an email address just for this fight so feel free to write me at standup2scum@aol.com

Victims and Lawyers interested in representing a Class Action case against Asset Acceptance are always welcome to email me.
Sincerely Victim X.