Ashton Woodshome building

I seriously cannot stand this company. Don't get sucked in and bamboozled like we did. Their "design studio" is a complete joke and you can't even go there without first putting money down and then they schedule you in. Options at the design studio were bare minimal and they will charge you for EVERYTHING as an upgrade.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Dallas, TXEven if let's say for example you do NOT want a ceiling fan in one room they will charge you NOT to have it, what kind of ### is that?! Then AFTER finalizing all the details we sign the contract etc. then months later get a call saying the color of stone we picked for our home "wasn't approved"...OKAY then why even offer it to us in the begining?! As months go by we are told that certain materials we chose may not be available, this is so frustrating! The money you put down is non-refundable but at this point I feel like throwing my hands up and saying to hell with this and purchasing from another builder. Ashton Woods shame on you! And FFS it's 2017 upgrade your design studio options!

Mo
Apr 30, 2017

Comments

• Cr
      Jun 25, 2017

I share the same sentiments. I visited the Design Studio after as I was to be under contract for a lot and when I entered I was immediately escorted out of the studio. They did not show any respect for a potential customer and it was clear that the mentality is the exact opposite of customer service.

I am currently building an Ashton Woods home here in North Dallas (McKinney). The issues started the minute they leveled the lot and prepared for the foundation to be poured. I started to notice alcohol cans and bottles throughout the lot and trash being buried at various points. Once the foundation was poured I stopped by again and noticed over 48 beer cans on the lot, in the concrete, buried in the dirt and hidden in wood piles. Ashton Woods has done nothing but make excuses and more excuses for the workers actions. Further, the slab is not level and is in need of repairs as it was not done correctly the first time. The operations manager blamed this on the sub-contractors but would not provide any recourse for their actions. Apparently it's an anything goes environment.

To make matters worse I visited the other homes under construction and noticed the same thing, alcohol is everywhere. Thinking that it was just this particular builder and development I visited another McKinney, TX development and the same issue was seen. The workers have a systemic problem with drinking on the job site. This company puts everyone involved at risk and does not enforce the law. Be very very cautious!