Ashley Furniture, North Brunswick, NJ / nothing done for 2 months about bad furniture delivered

1 North Brunswick, NJ, United States Review updated:

Order Furniture which was delivered on 10/28/2008
Delivered in the rain hence Media Dresser and Dresser back cardboard got wet.
They do not ready Delivery Release Form!
I had to call them on 10/30/2008 to complain about the same.
They sent a service specialist with wrong information (cardboard is loose!).
Specialist came saw the stain, took pictures, and went back.
I called again after 2 day (they did not call) and again they send service specialist with the wrong information (btw, you have to schedule a date, cant get weekends, so all this requires you to take a day off! notorious 4 hour window). So you pay and wait for their mistakes. Guys could not do anything and took pictures and went. Recommended replacement of media dresser. Dresser he felt was according to manufacturing standard.
Called back next day. Nov 4th, 2008. Was told they will put a order in for cardboard and broken drawer (yes they had delivered broken furniture).
Nothing came in for 3 weeks. Called back today and was told the service manager (Cassandra) dropped the ball. She fells cardboard should not be replaced based on the picture. She will replace the media dresser as it had a broken dollar. I mean I payed $90 for delivery and they said I should just live with the water stain. Yes there is no one to excalate to. Complains on website does not go anywhere. An automatic email does come to you.

Comments

• As
      9th of Dec, 2008

At Ashley Furniture HomeStore we strive to make your shopping experience far superior to that of the competition.  Our ultimate goal is to provide 5 Star Service to each and every customer, if you feel we have fallen short of our goal please contact our customer care department at CustomerSupport@AshleyHS.com or 732-658-8850 and our customer service representatives will make every attempt to address your concerns. Thank you.

• Dl
      3rd of Aug, 2009

That is one problem with one store. I have bought from Ashley Homestore many times as well as everyone I know and we dont shop anywhere else!!!

• Dl
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I HAVE BOUGHT FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORES MANY TIMES AS WELL AS EVERYONE I KNOW. I WOULDNT BUY ANYWHERE ELSE. YOU DID HAVE A BAD EXP. BUT THAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN A STORE SELLS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF FURNITURE A YEAR. I LOVE ASHLEY FURNITURE AND I HOPE YOU GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY IN THE FUTURE.

• Ei
      21st of Aug, 2009

ASHLEY FURNITURE:

Had furniture delivered 08-21-2009, furniture fine, polite fellows who delivered furniture, only thing upsetting me they don't take the hugh box's away . The 2 guys said this company don't take their box's away .What is wrong with a company to leave these hugh boxs that are so heavy how am I suppose to bring to the curb . I am not a young person. I Ihope garbage men or women take these.. I am so dissappointed now I no I have to ask this ? when I buy my next to sets of twin size bedroomsets ur done I WILL NEVER buy again don't care how inexpensive u are. If I had asked this ? in ur store and they said don't take box's I would not buy ... Never to old to learn... Eileen Laffan Fords N.J.

• Je
      16th of Nov, 2010

What a lame response from Ashleys. If you want to fix the problem, then contact the store named in the complaint and have them look up the order on the dates mentioned and the problem. There should be record of it. Just blabbing here on the site doesn't help anyone. and for those of you who had a great experience, good for you. If you really cared about anyone than yourself, you would've offered to help the person resolve her issue or show some support. Otherwise, you're just dismissing their problem and making them feel worse.

There are hundreds of complaints about Ashley Furniture on the web. If there's hundreds to be found, then that means there are thousands who didn't take the time to complain. There's obviously something rotten about this company's customer service when their delivery goes wrong; it seems they don't want to fix the problems because that costs them money. If your items were delivered by a good delivery person, then you haven't had to contend with these kinds of issues, so there's nothing to compare between the service you received and the lack of customer service someone with damaged goods receive. It seems to me that those who like to condescend with their "wonderful" experiences are owners and managers or friends of the salespeople, just trying to cover their butt, or lack any sense of compassion and just like to dismiss someone else when they've been ripped off. I myself am the friend of an Ashley's salesperson and have heard enough of their disresputable service from the "inside".

If Ashley's actually had good customer service, people wouldn't be so upset from bad service, that they'd feel they'd need to warn others, period.

P.S. A reputable company would take their own boxes away. Best Buy does when they deliver appliances.

20th of Dec, 2010

I purshase my sectional sofas a month ago from Linden store, where the sales representatives had an argument in front of me and my husband about who was going to take the sell.
    About 3 weeks ago we went to pick up the sofas, as soon as we got home we noticed the sofa had a left side arm instead of left. We called the office right away and 3 weeks had passed by and this useless sofa still inside of my beautiful living room, while we had a housewarming party and now Christmas season with people coming over.
    Ashley representatives from N.Brunswick keep on sheduling the deliver week by week, and I keep on taking days off to be at home so they sofas gets deliver, but unfortunally after 3 weeks I still dont have the item that I paid for :(
    I was working with Bob's Furniture and Contemporary Furniture at the same time I was working with Ashley. And I did get a wrong item delivered from Bob's but was resolved within 2 days. This is my first and last time purchasing furniture from this company.

• Je
      20th of Jan, 2015

I purchased a new sofa and love seat on January 1 2015.
    It is beautiful and we love it but didn't notice a pull in the back
    of the couch until last week. We would like for it to be fixed.
    Attached are pictures of the back of the couch where it seems to have been pulled.

• Ms
      31st of May, 2016

Votes
    I recently purchased a bed from the North Brunswick store. When I went to the store I told the sales person i have 2 requirements: i need a low profile bed as it will be used for an elderly person and I need it delivered within a week. The sales person confirmed both requirements and placed my order. I paid for the bed in full. The day of the delivery, the wrong item was sent so i went back into the store, spoke withe Ed the sales manager and Paul the district manager...both had attitudes and could care less. After spending 2 hrs at the store, being ignored for 1/2 the time, I was promised the bed I ordered will be delivered the next day. Instead they bring in am extra high profile bed. I immediately contacted the store, the customer service rep "bibi" apologized and said the issue will be resolved asap. Until then my eldery grandma used the high profile bed for a few days, almost fell off the bed while getting on and off. We immediately moved her to just a mattress, the poor lady is struggling as she has to bend so low and try to get up.
    A week later they send yet a wrong part. It's been 2 weeks and i still don't have the bed I ordered. The store refuses to credit my account and pick up the bed. I have tried to contact the sales rep, customer service rep and get no response. They are ignoring my calls, msgs. I have finally contacted my lawyer. I would never recommend this store to anyone. All they do is harass their customers and steal their money. It's a scam...the managers, sales rep and customer service ppl are very unprofessional and rude.