Ashley Furniture / damaged furniture

681 Marks stLas Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7027314663

I bought a sofa table from Ashley Furniture (Skamers) and it was glued all over the back. I brought it in to get exchanged and they told me that they wouldn't exchange it becouse I didn't file a complaint within 3 days. Not anywhere on the paperwork i recieved says that I had 3 days to claim any damage! there is suppose to be a one year warranty on the product. The manager (King Skamer) at the warehouse said that the glue on the furniture is not covered by warranty and blamed me for the damages. I called corporate and they did absolutley nothing! I talked with the store manager and he told me I can get my money back but with a 30% restocking fee. I have to pay a 30% restocking fee for a damaged piece of furniture! R U KIDDING ME! WHO WILL THEY SELL IT TO! I have reported them to the BBB and if u have had any problems with them I would suggest you do the same. These guys should not get away with ripping people off.

Comments

Ta
  4th of Apr, 2008
The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com
Fax: 1-608-323-6139
Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013
Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
Attn: Consumer Affairs
One Ashley Way
Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!
Ta
  22nd of Apr, 2008
Unfortunately, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist. Should Mr. Morales contact AFI, we will review the information and proceed from there.
Ha
  20th of Oct, 2011
I purchased a dining set from Ashley furniture(Elmhurst) on 7/17/11. They delivered a damaged table on 8/13/11, I declined and I had to wait for 2 more weeks only to receive another damaged set. I complained to the stores and they say they cannot refund but will try to send another one after 2 weeks. They point to the sales orders terms & conditions which are not consumer friendly. They are least worried about customer inconvenience. The person taking the complaint even tries to say that I have been declining it without any reason or the dinig set has it as a feature and I didnt look at it properly in the showroom. I clearly said that one corner of the table has its wood chipped out.
An
  6th of Feb, 2013
I recently purchased a sectional couch from ashley furniture on martin luther king blvd.I purchased the couch on january 4th 2013 and was told they would be delivered january 29th.Me and my wife also wanted some throw pillows and the sales rep told us to take them to the girls at the purchase counter.We were treated very rudely when we walked to the counter and asked for heip purchasing the pillows, almost like we inconvinced the girl by wanting to make a purchase.That was the least of our problems, January 28th we get a call saying they do not make that couch anymore.I sold my old couches to make room for the delivery and was having a superbowl party in 5 days.We go down to the store witch is 44 miles round trip to pick out new couches and were told sometimes these things happen.I tell the manager he should compansate us for not callling us sooner, he offers 150.00 store credit but cannot use it towards the new couch and recliner we picked out.So I said fine just get me my couches before feb 3rd, he tells me he can get me the couches but not the recliner.So when its time to check out we get hit with 2 seperate delivery fees since the recliner wasnt ready until feb 5th, I decine that and tell them i will just pick up the recliner.So they discontinue my couch then want to charge me twice since the recliner wasnt ready on the same day as the couches i ordered 1 month ago, then they tell me its a 10.00 extra delivery fee for a sunday delivery.I go to ashley today to pick up the recliner with my son and once again treated rudely by the girl out the counter, she got frusterated because i didnt know where to stand to make my pick up. When the guy brings out the recliner whitch is power operated, i tell him i want to plug it in to make sure it works and he says they dont have any plugs by the pick up door and that is covered for 72 hrs if there is a problem.Well needless to say the recliner has no power and doesnt work, so now im back to ahley 44 miles again to take it back and tried all afternoon to have a manager call me back.Im done and at my witts end with this place, left a message for the manager and told he would call me back...To sum it all up the customer service was appauling, was lied to, traveled 160+ miles back and fourth to make my purchases and take back products and be charged extra money for thier mistakes...I will never shop there again and will tell everyone i know not to shop there...

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries