Ashley Furniture Homestore / scamming extended warranty
In Dec 2012, I purchased a set of furniture from Ashley in Toronto. I also purchased $200 extended warranty plan upon salesperson insist with the term of 5 yrs protection. He informed me that if I don't use the warranty, The money will be refunded at the end of the 5 yr term. Whereas I didn't use the warranty, I referred to the store in Jan 2018 for refund however, they started playing and passed me to different departments, the initial company (Avantage) and... yesterday, they eventually told me that I'm able to use that $200 in case of purchase of $500 from one of Ashley stores!!!
They appreciate there is NO clause indicating this decision. They apologized about the salesperson who forgot to tell me this condition. I couldn't find any place to escalate the case and getting desperate now and my wife advised me to forget that $200, as donating to some greedy thieves. Ashley is not trustful. They're not loyal to their black and white agreement. This was my experience and pass it to every one not to take another victim.
More Ashley Furniture Homestore Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - product and warranty
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - customer service, delivery & product quality
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - returns - customer service
- Ashley Furniture Store - 3 couches
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - hector reclining sofa and loveseat