Ashley Furniture HomeStore Plattsburgh, NY / broken furniture, independently owned store doesnt' care
My husband and I went into our local Ashley furniture store for a tv stand and walked out with $4000.00 worth of furniture.
A tv stand, loveseat, sofa, rocker/recliner and three stands. Six of the seven pieces had issues with them. The rocker/recliner had rips in the leather and looked like it had been dropped. the leather is coming off the back of the sofa, the coffee table had a crack and I refused it, the corner stand has a gouge in it and the tv stand was put together wrong and the door would not close.
The salesperson, the owners son, said to call if we had any problems, when I did call that day and the next he quoted me percentages of happy customers and that I was in the 1% of unhappy people.
He referred me to call the warehouse, I did and got yelled at by the person in charge when I told him it looked like second hand furniture, he threatened to hang up on me.
The store manager is the nephew of the owner, he yelled at me saying I must have damaged the furniture myself because I didn't report it when the delivery people were here . I have their paperwork saying we have 72hr from delivery...
They finally came to the house & took the rocker/recliner to have it repaired, we have not seen it yet!
Why would you REPAIR a NEW chair, I want a new one! They also took the tv stand to have it reassembled.
The salesperson, owner's son, said they came already assembled to the warehouse. The delivery guy said he assembled it and it was very difficult to do?!?
After two weeks and multiple phone calls, we got the tv stand back with the wood dented on the door. The owner's son said they could use some touch up on it, but my husband refused, the wood is dented!! Touch up won't help...
They are ordering a new door...and we still haven't seen our Rocker/recliner.
PLEASE DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE IN PLATTSBURGH, NY OR ANYWHERE ELSE
We are hoping the BBB can help us, otherwise, small claims?
More Ashley Furniture HomeStore Plattsburgh, NY Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - Living room 3 piece couches
- Ashley Furniture Industries - failing to receive the recliner I bought more than 2 months ago!
- Ashley Furniture Industries - customer service and delivery
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - customer service
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - protection plan