ARS National Services / Debt Recovery

CA, United States
My husband received a call from ARS on his personal cell phone about an old Capital One Credit card that I canceled years ago. After he blasted them, they phoned my mother about this who told me to call them. They claim that I owed 100+ on this card and over the years of interest, penalties etc. I now owe them 719.44. They wanted immediant payment at a lesser amount. I was out of town and said that I would look into this when I returned home. My parents received a letter on 12-17-08 demanding payment due 12-19-08. The letter states that when I send a check they would use the rounting numbers from my check to get further money due? I phoned the State Attorney Generals office and they said it is a possible scam. Since the cancelation of this credit card (3 yrs.), I have since married, had a child, and closed personal bank accounts. I used my parents address and phone number for this account and have never received anything about any money being due. Must be nice to wait years after cancelation to say we want more !!! I am filing complaints wherever I can after seeing all the suits against this company.
Ra