Aplus.Net / Poor Service

1 Overland Park, KS, United States Review updated:

I hired their services for a web site design, hosting and search engine booster, but the web site was never completed. They must be so big that they have major communication issues between departments, my acocunt manager did not know when the project was to be completed and the changes that I requested were never done. I have to admit that they were EXCELLENT in charging my credit card on time every month! Time consuming and very disppointing experience.

Comments

Du
  23rd of Apr, 2008

Best to avoid these companies. Our company's entire website and emails were wiped out due to their gross negligence. Compensation? Of course not. Look at their disclaimer! These guys are terrible!

Ti
  29th of Oct, 2008

I agree with the two above. I was a customer of theirs and they decided to close down their design department and did not bother to send us any type of notification. It was not on their website, not in a newsletter, and so when we called, we were told to just go find someone local.
That is the most unprofessional act that I have ever heard of.

Mi
  23rd of Jan, 2009

I agree too. This is a terrible company -- avoid them at all costs. They used to have good service, but then it seemed like their management policy changed. I am a consultant and had referred many companies to use them in the past, and have now removed all of my accounts from this company. On a whim they shut down my website and refused to talk to me. I assume that they have more business than they need or can take care of these days, so find another host.

29th of Oct, 2009

Avoid at all costs!! Quick to charge credit card!! Automatically renew even when account has been cancelled!! Then called and they can't even seem to locate account!!!
Let alone notice of cancellation!!! over 9 months ago!!! But they have NO problem
charging my credit card citing their terms of service and automatic renewal
clause as grounds for such thievery!!! Shame Shame!!! Carol

Cc
  18th of Nov, 2009

After Aplus.net upgraded and destroyed my web hosting they did not take responsibility for damaging my website. They changed the root directory on my site with out notice. Then in the following weeks I have made about 7 unsuccessful attempts at trying to cancel my account with them. Either they do not respond to my emails or I am put on hold for long periods of time.

The Aplus.net Control panel will not allow me to change my credit card info. My only option to cancle is by email or phone. And as I stated above Aplus.net does not respond to any requests to cancel my hosting account.

In addition I did a little research on the Internet about Aplus.net. Apparently they rip off a lot of people, this web hosting company has many, many reports of cheating people. Just Google this hosting company Aplus.net and you will see foryourself. Google terms like Aplust.net and Complaint. There seems to be endless reports of this web hosting company ripping people off.

BEWARE OF APLUS.NET. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!

Sc
  8th of Dec, 2009

Aplus, formerly known as Cedant, was marginal in terms of customer service and they were totally dismissive when it came to refunding my account for the unused portion when I cancelled it. They played all sorts of silly games with disconnected phone calls, redundant emails and the human service rep couldn't have cared less that his company was ripping me off. They are a bunch of con men. Stay away from them ... FAR AWAY !!!

St
  12th of Jan, 2010

In 20 years of working with various tech companies, Aplus.net stands out for the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced (I'm not counting another company which was involved in outright fraud). They don't respond to e-mails to ANY of their addresses (except with autoresponders that say they'll be in touch "soon" or within 24 hours), even after dozens of attempts over a period of six weeks! Cancelling my account with them has been impossible because even after talking with them on the phone and confirming via e-mail (the ONLY time in the past year a human has responded via e-mail) they still continue to charge my credit card for the service I cancelled! I can't delete my credit card info and have now filed a complaint with the BBB.

DO NOT let these ###s get your credit card!

Did I mention that their support is incredibly fragmented and disjointed so that even if you talk to a real person, they just tell you to call someone else in another department and you start all over!

20th of Jan, 2010

This company is criminal!!!

www.aplus.net = Criminal Organization

I'm pursing this now as cyber crime. This goes beyond poor custom service to robbery.

My story...
After they did their upgrade they completely turned all my web pages upside down. Spent hours trying to get this resolved to only fail.

THEN... After about 10 emails 5 phone attempts to customer support to try and cancel my account I finally got through. They said they would cancle my account, and the next month later they charged me.

I tried to delete my billing information. They have it set up where you can not change your credit card info, you are forced to contact support.

In addition. after talking with these people it became apparent there are not that many in their office who mange these accounts. I asked to make sure my message got to a Tony, guy replied oh don't worry there's only one Tony here..

Pe
  26th of Jan, 2010

I started using Aplus.net back in 2000. Back then, I LOVED this company. Over the last 2 years, this relationship turned quite ugly. They have taken me for hundreds of dollars, affected my professional reputation, and hours of unpaid time correcting their problems. I have never had such back experience with companies like this my entire life. Stay away from these guys at all costs.

29th of Apr, 2010

Be aware to register a domain with aplus.net. I had about 25 domains with them. But now I started transfering to other registrar.

I had a domain name and unfortunately I could not renew it because my credit card was not upadated. I could accept my mistake at that point. However Aplus.net never release that domain name. After 30 days of the period of experitation
they never send it back to delete it and available again. They took and renewed my well trafficked domain name and start selling it for 650.00 so they passed from Registrar to Registrant and got my domain name I did all my best to recover the domain name and They said. Im so lucky Still the domain is available for 650 dollars.

Basically the way they do business is very dangerous and can be harmful for your Business. SO BE CAREFULL..

No telling about charging credit card without permission or mistakes.

Sc
  19th of Jun, 2010

Avoid APlus.net like the plague. I was a happy Cedant customer and had cancelled one of my two domains prior to APlus.net taking over. My bad for assuming APlus would NOT resurrect the cancelled account and billing me. My bad again for not combing over my credit card statement more carefully. Despite evidence that I had never used the account past my original cancellation date, I was told no credit would be given. So I cancelled the account again. Checked my statements. Clear. Several months later GUESS WHICH ACCOUNT WAS BEING BILLED AGAIN? (Yes, I'm yelling. Sorry) I am now on hold with APlus billing, who are telling me that I cannot be refunded or credited the amount, DESPITE the records I have showing I had requested cancellation AGAIN months prior and their own admission that my second request was placed in the "Done" folder, whatever that is. Flat out thieves.

An
  15th of Dec, 2010

Don't walk... RUN from this service provider. After a grueling year of bad customer service, being put on hold so many times I could have picked up 12 pizzas and re-written the Encyclopedia Britanica! I have moved on and JUST got a renewal notice. Apparently there on line cancellation button doesn't work, so you have to send an e-mail to cancel. Someone should REALLY do something to make A plus go away. I am now with a new provider and quite happy, but feel like I STILL not done with the nightmare of the last year! RUN RUN!

Ma
  5th of Jan, 2011

I feel your pain with Aplus.net. Last year with the plantform change they really screw me for about 2 months. I missed most of the cyber Christmas shopping season. About late Dec 2009 they fixed my site. Aplus.net was on thin ice with me. About mid way through 2010 I was colled off with them and signed on for another year with them. That was a big mistake on my part. About 3 and a half weeks ago my store went down again. It was down had for 2 weeks during Chrismas again. They fixed it but all the links from my website to my store were cut and I am not able to go in and fix them. I have been blown off many times by Aplus.net in the last few weeks. They have called me back at very odd times like around 7:30 on a sunday night and I was not home. In May my year will be up. I will be moving on to another host. I have been a Aplus.net customer since 2004.

Sn
  22nd of Feb, 2012
Aplus.Net - Support center sucks!
Deluxeforbusiness.com
California
aplus.net

I've entered so many emails asking for help from these people and they just do not seem to give a crap about their long time customers. I got stuck with them before I did my research so BEWARE of aplus.net!!! Horrible service...

Sa
  14th of Jun, 2012

I have been an Aplus customer since 2003, I don't seem to have any problems with my domains or websites. When they made a platform change a couple of years ago, I had a problem logging on to update my sites. That was easily corrected after a phone call. I had my account frozen a couple of times when I changed my credit card because of the expiration date, but once I called and updated the account - everything came back. I have lost my sites once to an upgrade, but I had backups, the sites was back up in minutes. I thought I could host my sites myself, I built a Linux server, set it up and placed an e-commerce site on it. I was hacked several times, experienced an ice storm and lost power for 3 weeks. Fortunately, I had a generator, but it was a choice of heat or server, but not both. No internet access because the lines from the cable company were on the same pole, no cable TV either. Using a laptop and cell phone, I was able to host a new e-commerce site with Aplus and was back in business before the end of the second day. My site is still up and has never been down due to power outage or being hacked. The server was retired.

I think all companies are the same, some are worse than others. My experience at Aplus has been positive so far. I left my last web-hosting provider in 2004 because the price was double what I pay now. But the service was the same as I have now, so I have no complaints against that company.

Un
  6th of May, 2015

I have been with aplus for over 8 years. They do scammy things like for instance they once put a notice in big red letters that would pop up as a red flag emergency warning about account closure every time you logged in showing as an urgent notice that your credit card monthly payment isn't going through and how you need to update your payment or your account will be closed. I of course went into panic mode thinking something happened with payment and thought my website was going to be shut down but once I seen the receipt and saw my payment was made I called them to ask what was that notice for. They said oh we just put that up to keep people on their toes just in case their credit card information is out of date. I was like OMG what in the world type of professional hosting company would do such a shady thing? In retrospect I think it was just a sheisty way to get people to make a double payment.
There also hasn't been 1 week that I haven't had an issue with the emails. The links never work in them and I get constant complaints when sending my web link that they don't work. They provide no type of email protection from hijacking and my emails have been shut down 3 different times for someone hacking into aplus's system and sending mass emails out from my email service. Then they always blame me saying I need to run a virus protection system when I do daily. Another shady thing they do is offer all these services and have links where it says "Signup here". Well some of their free services are free and you just sign up and they used to have them set up where the paid ones would say you have to pay extra. Well they decided to be scandalous ad take that notice off altogether so if you saw a service you wanted and tried to sign up for it they just let you then bill you without ever telling you that particular service was not free. Who does stuff like that? Scam artists do. You are probably saying to yourself why in the world would you stay with them. Well it's simple. I have a huge members area database with paid members using it everyday. To take that down for 2 weeks would be difficult to say the least.Of course I could manage but right now I am just too busy.
Another thing they do is lock you out of your emails if you clear your browsing history. It makes no sense. When browsing gets to full they tell you to clear it. But when you clear it on your own it locks you out. I am not at all happy with them and would never advise anyone to get stuck with them like I am. They count on that.