Anderson law firm / threatening and harassing phone calls

IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 334-539-3240

I obtained a small loan from united cash loans and have made my payments as told and I get these threatening and harrassing phone calls from this law firm saying that i owe more than my loan and if I didn't comply that I would be arrested. I called United Loan and spoke with Shariea on 2-18-13 and she advised me that it was a scam and to report it to you right away. This guy says he is from a lawyer's office and his name is Dave, David and that he is working with United Cash Loans to get their money but I'm not behind and I sure don't owe $7, 000 like he says. My loan is in safe hands at United Cash Loans and I did vertify what I do owe. The phone numbers calling me are from Montgomery, Ala.[protected]), Apex Financial, [protected] and Kent, Washington([protected]). So would you please do something about this for me. Thank you Glenda Prater

Gl
Feb 18, 2013

Comments

• Ne
      Feb 20, 2013

334-539-3240 has been calling me too. They are saying that I owe 5, 000.00 to American Cash Advance... the weird part is that I have never gotten a loan from this company. I have gotten one from a different company but they have already been paid in full. They have threatened to call my workplace and they have threatened jail time if I didn't pay in full. The last I spoke with them was this morning and he said he would give me one more chance to pay and I said no he then said "you've been warned" and then he hung up on me. The creepy part is that they know ALL of my info... my bank info, my job info and my SS # - So now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do now???

• Sp
      Feb 20, 2013

This scsmmer keep calling me also.He know my SS# and is threaten to have arrested if I don't send him money.He say his name is Dave.

•   Feb 28, 2013

Fax them a letter asking for 1. Proof that the debt is valid and 2. Proof that they have 'legal standing' to demand money from you...
    It's not illegal to owe money, so you will not be arrested. Keep detailed logs of the conversations (include date/time) and always state that you want them to stop calling, every time they call. Write down the fact that you told them to stop calling . Ask for the address/phone/fax number for the company, write down their answer...Ask them to validate the debt, write down their answer...write down every time they say you will go to jail (record the date and time for each question you ask and the answer they give)...Next, go to www.naca.net to find an attorney in your area who specialize in ### debt buyers/collectors...make an appointment and take all you documented phone records with you...threatening to have you arrested, not providing you with the companies name/address/phone/fax number when you ask for it, and not stopping the calls when you tell them to, are ALL violations of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act). A NACA attorney can sue the debt buyer on your behalf. If the attorney wins, you will get a payday, AND the debt buyer has to pay ALL of your attorney fees...