Amigo Energy / Billing

1 Houston, United States Review updated:

I too have had problems with Amigo. They didn't cancel my service when I requested (rate was double others) and kept billing me for an apt I no longer resided in. I went to the BBB and got the charges removed. They were to send me a corrected statement and I would pay remaining balance (under $100). Never rec'd the statement and now am receiving harassing collection calls...some of which I can't understand what they're saying (I believe they must be using a call center in India). I'm again filing with the BBB and giving the collections folks a dose of their own medicine when they call...It's not like they can turn off my power as they've threatened with others.

Ba

Comments

• Au
      25th of Sep, 2009

I signed up with Amigo two month ago (got the conformation and all that too) and never got a bill, never knew what was going on. Got a bill today from my "old provider" for two months of service. the transfer never went through. Looked up Amigo on line to get a phone number and found this site. The "official Texas State energy provider and rate comparison site" should not be listing a company with a record with the BBB.
    So much for supporting a hispanic company. You would expect this in Mexico but not here.
    Abuelito Jim in Houston

• Am
      11th of Oct, 2009

If you are looking for energy savings and are in the Texas, New York or Illinois markets, I would suggest getting a rate check from Ambit Energy. The have an A- BBB rating in Dallas where the company is headquartered, are a participating BBB company and have high business standards.

As an independent consultant, I can tell you that the rates are very affordable and they have a great customer interactive website that shows you up to the minute information about your account that leaves nothing to guessing.

You can see my personal October 2009 bill and judge for yourself. It is located at

More info on Ambit service can be found at

• Bo
      1st of Dec, 2009

I get phone calls from Amigo Energy stating that I'm past due.

Infact I have ended the contract and confirmed it more than 4 times that I do not owe anything.

Even after I ended the contract and moved to another state, I still get calls from them.

I talked to one of the customer service representative. He checked and told me that it was there mistake and apologized and assured me that I will not get calls hereforth. Yet I get calls and talked to another Customer Rep. Again the same assurance from them. When I asked them what guarantee will I have that I will not calls again. I was told that a note will be put in a system that I do not owe anything. Still I get calls from them. I do not get why they call me. But when they verify it, they apologize it has been a mistake from their side. And again I get calls from them.