America's Servicing Company / 2 years of applying for modification, no response

Miami Gardens, Fl

Date: June 28, 2012

TO: Wells Fargo /America’s Serving Company/Modification Dept

To whom it may concern,

As describe on different plans for modification per Wells Fargo/ASC, we have applied to lower our interest rate, now for several years. We started doing this back in 2010, and have been sending papers over and over again. We have been dealing with a representative Leyla Avilas that has been very efficient with us in collecting the correct paper work. As of April 2012 to May 2012 we finally sent in all the paper work correctly, and are waiting for an appraisal that until this date has not been done. And the response we get is that it “will get done when it gets done, but keep sending the new bank statements and letters”. I spoke to Ms. Aviles and got the feeling that my mortgage underwriters will never see the papers I have sent or even help us and this process of more than two years of sending and applying for a modification is just a legal process to give us the round around. We feel that your institution will not help us.

Both my husband and I are retired, and do not make enough monies to pay the mortgage plus insurance and taxes. Our mortgage starting July will be $1300.00. Unfortunately this is a notice that we might have to change our plans and find sometime more economical. Please try to help us we can pay about $1000.00 per month with insurance and taxes, as a retired couple we make this much on a monthly basis.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We cannot afford to hire a lawyer which was implied to us by the representative that it could help us, but our daughter is a realtor and she is trying to help us.

Sincerely yours,

Sandra Reyes
Sandra D. Reyes

Comments

• Th
      12th of Mar, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Posting of payments

I have the same issue that all the others. Payments are "posted" upon receipt they say, but do not apply to your statement until they clear the bank. This has taken up to 10 days! With today's electronic banking, funds are transfered instantly! They must use a very antiquated system. Wish I could move my mortgage.

• To
      27th of Mar, 2007

ASC is the most horrible company I have ever dealt with. They started foreclosure on my home in June 2006. In sept 06 I sent them 2300.00 and agreed to 800.00 a month to save my house. On Oct. 1 when I called to schedule my payment I was told I had broke the repayment agreement. It was their fault. They were supposed to draft the payment from my savings account and they sent it for a checking account. So I once again had to negotiate a repayment plan, this time they wanted 3000 to reinstate and 715 a month for 6 months. So I sent this. That was in Oct. I paid 715 for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar. March would have been my last double payment, so to speak. I received a letter on the 23 of march that they did not receive March 10 payment on time and had sent my home back to the attorneys. I had sent it western union quick collect and western union said ASC accepted payment on Mar 10. Western union spoke with someone in accounting who confirmed this and then she said she was instructed on the 20th to return it. What can I do? Nothing. Now they want 4500 and 900.00 a month to reinstate. I want to keep my home but they are draining every dime I have. I am about to the point of saying "come and get it" because it seems you can't win for losing with this company.

• Th
      5th of Jun, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - $10.00 Fee for online mortgage payments

I wanted to be sure that my mortgage payment would not be counted as late. When I called the CSR told me that the phone payment fee was $15.00 and the online internet payment fee #10.00. This is outrageous, since they get their money almost IMMEDIATELY. If I had sent a check, it would have to go through check processing--a longer process; but FREE!!!

This kind of "rip off" must be stopped.

• Gr
      25th of Jul, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Disregard of Fair Credit Act

This is the worst servicing company in history. They continued to call after we faxed a "cease and desist" to them. They have the worst customer service and our house will be sold so we can get rid of them. Horrendous company in all facets...

• Ri
      16th of Oct, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Can't fing website to make payment or contact!

They have been trying to put me in foreclosure for some time, but when I came back from training for the military, I found out that there was a way for them to cut my interest rates down, but they wouldn't give me the information, I found it on my own a few months later after they said they wanted to put me on a payment plan, or put my house into foreclosure.

26th of Jan, 2008

AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT CUSTOMERS,AND THE WAY THEY TREAT THEM IS NOT FAIR AT ALL,PLEASE CHANGE,CHANGE AND CHANGE.

• Na
      25th of Aug, 2008

Phone number for ASC 866-430-0675

• Ge
      2nd of Sep, 2008

greed

9th of Sep, 2008

My loan was transferred to ASC in 9/2006. I'm in the process of trying to refinance my loan now. ASC will not provide my mortgage broker with my payoff balance because I haven't made this months mortgage payment. Also, after reviewing my payments I noticed that in 2yrs only $912.17 has been credited to the principal on my account and the rest has been interested. Since I pay $650/mo. there should be more paid down than this. This company is a fraud & strives to snatch homes away from american families.

27th of Sep, 2008

First, you are certainly not being truthful about ASC not providing a payoff statement. The only reason that would happen is if you're in active foreclosure. Then you would have to obtain the payoff from the foreclosure counsel. Second, read your Note. What is your interest rate? As you are being serviced by ASC, you are a subprime or nonprime debtor so your interest rate is probably quite high. How much of your OWN money did you use to purchase your home? I would venture a guess that your home is 100% financed. Because you have no vested interest in your home, you don't have the same level of commitment to making your payments on time as if you had to use some of your own money to buy this property. All loans are amortized the same way with the majority of payments going towards interest in the beginning; about half and half in the middle, and the majority of the payment posting to principle at the end of the loan. The fact that you could make such a supremely stupid remark about ASC 'fraudulently' misapplying your payments is proof that your complaint has no basis in fact. Finally, banks and lenders are NOT charitable organizations. You borrowed money and you are required to pay it back. The bank makes it money on the interest. They do NOT want your run down property. Grow up; make your payments and stop whining and spinning stories when it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about.

• Ke
      26th of Feb, 2009
    America's Servicing Company - rip off
    america's servicing company

Everything i have been reading about this company we went through.Are house was taken.We made are payments by checks, western union, money orders and the worst one was when we paid over the phone giving then are account number.BIG MISTAKE!We just got could not handle the phone calls everyday getting put on hold and then speaking to someone else.So i text RECOVERY .GOV and told them to read the stories about this company.

• Cc
      10th of Mar, 2009
    America's Servicing Company - Wrong Phone Number posted on site
    America's Servicing Company

I finally found the website for America's Servicing Company, with a Wells Fargo logo, and the 1-800-842-7564 phone number they list is "no longer in service". How can a loan company not have a method in which to be contacted!!! I agree with all the posts!

• Fr
      16th of Mar, 2009

I have an online acct for them and in there it says the number is like so (below). Looks like you had 2 digits reversed - i bet they do that on purpose! :oD i just called this number and got a rep on the phone in relatively short order...have your loan number ready and keep pressing "0" alot! Good luck.

AMERICA'S SERVICING COMPANY:
    If you wish to contact Customer Service, call us at 800-842-7654. Our hours are:
    Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM in your time zone.

• Tf
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I have had the unpleasureable experience of dealing with ASC for 5 years now. Due to some issues we got behind 2 months on our payments. ASC put us on the "Repayment Plan" which was impossible but what choice did I have, so I agreed to their ridiculous payment schedule of increase payments for an agreed upon number of months. I would Western Union them the payment ON the due date, only to have them MAIL be a check back for the amount of the payment because they did not receive it on time. They said that whether I Fed EX priority a bank check or western union..IT STILL DOESNT matter because it wasn't posted by the due date and that each takes 3-4 days to post! Then I sent them an automatic check from my checking account - that way it is guaranteed payment & my account is debited when the payment is done - after 4months - the check from the automatic withdrawal still not cashed... so I had to pay $28 to cancel the payment and issue a bank check to overnight. Almost 2 yrs later I am still doing this just so I have proof and signature of delivery! I HATE THIS COMPANY and I have started dealing with them through a lawyer!

• Te
      25th of Jul, 2012

Asc/wells-Fargo did the exact same thing to me. America Servicing Company has so many departments no one communicates within these departments & every time we submitted our paper work they would tell me they were missing documents!! I finally hired a lawyer & the SAME thing happened AGAIN a few times having to resubmit more recent documents ect... While in mediation with myself, my lawyer, 2 of his legal assistants, the mediator, A lawyer from a bank affiliated with wells Fargo & a person on the phone who was conferenced in from Wells Fargo. To my disappointment the person on the phone from WF bank said she was missing pages from bank statements which my LAWYER provided!!! Plus other things . I having been trying for over 2 years. To Sandra Reyes from Miami I want to let you know what My lawyer told me about all the times you have submitted documents only to be told that some were never received . If you send a bank statement in which every month has more than 1 page, EACH page MUST be labeled.. Example if 1 month you've got 5 pages they MUST receive it labeled 1 of 5 pages, 2 of 5, 3 of 5 pages ect. For me the fax cut off the label at the top of the page that was "5 of 6 pages" so the WF bank threw it away & said it was NOT received ! This was sent from my lawyer! Also if they don't see your signature, date & loan number on every document they throw it away & tell you it was never received . Asc bank stalled so long with us it caused us to go into the foreclosure process . As soon as we retained a lawyer they immediately put a date for auction or sale on Our home. We are trying to keep our home as well but they hit us hard with late fees ect.. All because of the ASC bank stalling. Saying they needed more document's then they would make us resubmit everything because they said we had to start the whole process over .

26th of Jul, 2012

Yes, we have to send paperwork every month to WellFargo/America Servicing Co. they seems not to be very efficient, caring and very disorganized...

• Da
      4th of Jun, 2014

Hi Sandra, Teri and other distressed Wells Fargo/ASC customers;

I routinely look for posts to answer in hopes that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks that are "too big to fail" but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need. The debt collectors like Ocwen, Nationstar and ASC are simply just ### but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated.

It pains me that you have fallen victim to the unfair, deceptive and abusive practices of ASC but you do have rights and I would be more than happy to educate you as to how to fight for your rights. You can begin with the QWR and you can learn more about the QWR from the CFPB website. My firm (END Consulting) routinely seeks out complaints online so that we can educate as to how to fight back on our weekday show called "The Daily Complaint" where we review a complaint and how to tackle it successfully. We reviewed your complaint on the show today if you would like to listen, visit www.TheDailyComplaint.com

Our firm presently has a plethora of files at both Wells Fargo and ASC with many coming in complaining of RMA abuses such as yours. You can contact me via email or website or via phone as I would be more than happy to contact ASC on your behalf to determine your options moving forward. We challenge the debt from beginning to end due to the lack of compliance. My firm requests all the documentation that the servicer (in this case it is ASC) uses against you to collect and we utilize those documents as leverage to file complaints against ASC for illegal business practices to beat them at their own game.

You can contact me via email or website or via phone as I would be more than happy to contact ASC on your behalf at no cost to you to determine exactly what is going on with your file. END Consulting is a full service strategic debt and credit consulting firm started in 2006 with expertise is debt negotiations coupled with an exceptional track record of strategic consulting to include the real estate industry with a formidable business foundation. We have successfully assisted over 100 clients in the past year alone in achieving desired results with regards to their mortgage loan(s) by stripping down the validity of the debt and forcing the lender or servicer to work with our clients to provide ethical, legal and affordable mortgage workout solutions. The results that we negotiated for our clients were not on the table for most when we took on the client as it took regulatory muscle and aggressive communication to achieve the desired debt restructuring resolutions.

Know your rights and assert your rights! I would be happy to elaborate for anyone reading this post as we always offer free consultation until we can determine if we can assist you to include contacting the bank and/or servicer for you for free to uncover the options that exist for you in this situation. You can reach me via email at Dana at ConsultingEND dot com or via the web at ConsultingEND dot com. I have had the pleasure of restructuring millions of dollars in debt and helping hundreds of homeowners...my firm is exceptional at what we do!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END!

Managing Member