American Woodmark / Poor quality of the product

1001 W. Oakland Park BlvdFort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
3.75
My partner ordered American Woodmark cabinets through Lowe's in 2004. We didn't install the cabinets until 2006. Drawers were of poor quality and after complaining to Lowe's the mfg. sent out a rep. Laminate in drawers was poor and wearing through and drawer slides were garbage. I was told by the factory rep. that they discontinued using the slides before we ordered our cabinets. We got the old stuff. They only replaced some of the slides and a few drawers. I recently bought water in gallon jugs for the hurricane season. Two of the jugs leaked out warped two of the cabinets. We were told by the sales rep at Lowe's that the treated pressboard would hold up to water. The factory rep also said it would. It didn't. I complained again yesterday to Lowe's. Now waiting for American Woodmark customer service rep. to come next week. I would never recommend any company that knowingly sold me discontinued hardware and cheap pressboard when we were told by Lowe's and the factory rep the product would hold up to water. There are no laws preventing manufacturers from making inferior products and there are no laws to hold them accountable for your time, labor, and money that you spend correcting their mistakes. There should be.
Va

More American Woodmark Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Yi
  17th of Jun, 2010
You get what you pay for... next time, spend a little more and either buy the plywood upgrades that are available, or use a custom cabinet company.
Never store water in wood cabinets, I don't care what kind of wood it is, it could be solid hardwood lumber, plywood, any type of wood, it will never hold-up to water... know why??? IT'S WOOD!
Ever wonder why they don't make toilets out of wood?
Be
  2nd of May, 2011

American Woodmark - poor quality workmanship
American Woodmark
Louisville
Kentucky

We ordered cabinet thru Home Depot that sold American Woodmark. We ordered 22 cabinets. 14 of the 22 had probllems from scratches, crappy looking sides, drastic discoloration of stain on cabinets, cracking of stain on door, warped crown molding, cracked kick plate molding. It took 4 orders to get all the pieces in and even then because we self installed the cabinets they would not compentsate us for the 3 cabinets that had discoloration issues because we installed them in order to have some function in a kitchen. Dealing with this company was a royal pain. A Home Depot representative and the area salesperson came to my home to look at all my complaints. Even after all that, they only compensated me $200. Home Depot was not much better at compensated me for the poor workmanhip of cabinets. I am not satisified at all. Today I saw a bubble on the face a cabinet door. I will be called Home Depot again on this issue. If I do not get some satisfaction, I am getting an attorney and Home Depot is going to have a truck load of cabinets dumped at their store. I have photos, but they are too large for this file.

American Woodmark Logo American Woodmark