American Van Lines / worst movers ever
- My furniture is badly damaged and/or stained.
- The pickup occurred one day late. The delivery occurred nine days late. American Van Lines offered me $200 in compensation which is 2/3 of their stated compensation rate of $30 per day (X 10 days).
- I missed two days of work (16 hours) due to scheduled pickups and deliveries that did not occur (my current salary is $53.61 per hour). No one called to inform me that the dates had changed.
- It cost me approximately $80 for lodging on the last day of the pickup window. After I called numerous times to ask of the driver's whereabouts the drivers finally responded and kept pushing the pickup time later and later into the evening. They eventually did not show. Had they informed they could not make it vs making empty promises I could have cancelled the hotel for that night.
- It cost me approximately $84 per day for three days of lodging AFTER the delivery window closed.
- I was forced to sleep on the floor of my home for six days AFTER being forced to check out of my hotel due to their being full AND due to the company only offering me $30 per day (which they did not honor in their compensation offer) for being late which would not cover the cost of a room.
- After spending several nights on my floor I now suffer from back pain which forced me to take additional days off of work.
As a federal agent and former member of the US Air Force I have relocated across country on several occasions throughout my career. I have yet to file claims or seek compensation as of result of ANY of my previous moves. As a man of integrity I can honestly state American Van Lines has afforded me the absolute worst, costly, and stressful moving experience in my entire career. - AVOID AT ALL COST -
More American Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- American Van Lines - over charge $1147, 2182p they charged 4136p 
- American Van Lines - complete nightmare 
- American Van Lines - cheating on the job 
- American Van Lines - fraud!!! 
- American Van Lines - total rip off - thieves and crooks 
- [Resolved] American Van Lines - horrible movers complaint
- American Van Lines - moving service
- American Van Lines Moving Household Goods - over charge 
- American Van Lines - overcharges, breaks things, horrible customer service 
- American Van Lines - driver truck number 4230 trailer 5742