American Van Lines / worst movers ever

United States Review updated:

- My furniture is badly damaged and/or stained.
- The pickup occurred one day late. The delivery occurred nine days late. American Van Lines offered me $200 in compensation which is 2/3 of their stated compensation rate of $30 per day (X 10 days).
- I missed two days of work (16 hours) due to scheduled pickups and deliveries that did not occur (my current salary is $53.61 per hour). No one called to inform me that the dates had changed.
- It cost me approximately $80 for lodging on the last day of the pickup window. After I called numerous times to ask of the driver's whereabouts the drivers finally responded and kept pushing the pickup time later and later into the evening. They eventually did not show. Had they informed they could not make it vs making empty promises I could have cancelled the hotel for that night.
- It cost me approximately $84 per day for three days of lodging AFTER the delivery window closed.
- I was forced to sleep on the floor of my home for six days AFTER being forced to check out of my hotel due to their being full AND due to the company only offering me $30 per day (which they did not honor in their compensation offer) for being late which would not cover the cost of a room.
- After spending several nights on my floor I now suffer from back pain which forced me to take additional days off of work.

As a federal agent and former member of the US Air Force I have relocated across country on several occasions throughout my career. I have yet to file claims or seek compensation as of result of ANY of my previous moves. As a man of integrity I can honestly state American Van Lines has afforded me the absolute worst, costly, and stressful moving experience in my entire career. - AVOID AT ALL COST -

Se

Comments

• Av
      Sep 19, 2011

Dear Customer,

American Van Lines apologizes for inconveniences caused to your moving plans. We understand that you had an unpleasant experience with us, and we thank you for your review.

We want to correct our issues as quickly as possible. Please contact us at 855-820-6916. We want to look up your job number to investigate what went wrong and we also want to know if there is any way we can further assist you. Our team is at your disposal. Again, our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We look forward to communicating with you.

Sincerely,
    Customer Relationship Manager

• Ye
      Sep 21, 2011

The day that American Van Lines follows through with what they say, is the day it will be cold in HELL!

• Li
      Apr 24, 2013

I don't even know where to start complaining about these people. BEWARE of this company, they lie, they sub contract and don't tell you that, everything they say is a lie! From the estimate to the pick-up to the delivery, everything was a lie! My movers din't even speak english, they were rude, broke stuff, did not arrive or deliver when they said, wanted cash(not)! When I did call several times and complain they finally reimbursed me a lousy $145.00 which didn't even cover the cost of my time complaining! Just know EVERYTHING they tell you is a LIE! I am turning them in to the Better Business Bureau and I suggest if anyone else has had a bad outcome with this company, please do the same.