[Resolved] American Swiss / product and service

Durban, South Africa

To whom this may concern,

I write this message to you with immense frustration and disappointment with the service that I have received from American Swiss. The store I refer to in particular is Musgrave Centre. My fiance purchased a ring from American Swiss Ballito on 27 December 2016. On 09 January 2017 I took it into the Musgrave store to resize. I was advised by Nadia and Portia that I would be contacted by Wednesday 11 January 2017 to confirm if the jeweller would be able to resize the ring. I was not contacted by the store! I then waited until Thursday 12 Jan 2017 after midday until I contacted the store to enquire about the ring. I spoke to Portia whose response to my query was that the jeweller hadnt got back to them. She advised that she would check with him and get back to me. She advised that he would be able to size the ring 2 sizes smaller and I could expect the ring by Wednesday (18 Jan 2017). I called the store on Wednesday midday and was advised that the jeweller did not make any delivery yet but when the ring arrives I will be contacted. I was also advised that if the jeweller didnt arrive late Wednesday he would be in on Thursday (19 January). AGAIN... I did not receive any call from the store by Thursday end of day! After anticipating a call on Friday 20 January 2017 that I never received, I stopped by the store around 5pm and was told that the jeweller hadnt come in and he should be in either Monday or Tuesday. I was extremely frustrated at the fact that the staff showed no interest by the fact that the ring was now delayed by well over 48hrs; furthermore, having received numerous calls of enquiry from me during the week none of them cared to call out of common courtesy to let me know what the status of the ring was. I received a call yesterday 25 January 2017 from Portia advising that the ring was ready to be collected. I went in to the store today to collect my ring at 5pm and was a little relieved that I had finally received it. The ring was handed to me and I paid in the R120 charge for the resize. I left the store and when I got home and inspected the ring only to find that a diamond is missing. Immediately I called the customer care line to report this and ask for advise as I tried calling the store in Musgrave Centre but it was already closed. To the naked eye the missing diamond is hard to notice immediately. No instore inspection was done with me and the ring was merely handed to me and I was asked to sign that I have picked up the ring. I am extremely disappointed, frustrated and angry. Please advise a way forward.

• Resolution statement