American Reading Club / Unauthorized use of credit card and sending magazines not ordered!

5175 Performance DrCummings, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 272-7982
Continue to send magazines not ordered and charge to my credit card that they are no authorized to use! This is awful scam!

Comments

Ra
  13th of May, 2008
I used to work for this company and I can offer you an explanation as to why you are charged on your credit card when you weren't even solicited.

First off, they buy lists of people's names, address, telephone number, and also they obtain their credit card information! This is completely illegal if they keep the credit card information on site instead of having it secured at a third party location. They may tell people that they have access to only the last 4 digits of the card number for "verification purposes" when in reality they are staring at the WHOLE CARD NUMBER! WHOA! Big trouble! And what if the peron looking at the card is a thief and wants to order something offline? Whoa! More trouble! The whole company is totally crooked and they seriously need to be in major investigation by the FBI. If there is any attorney generals or people who want to get together to file a class action lawsuit contact me at ratsnaggle@yahoo.com and I will testify in court!
Ge
  13th of Oct, 2008
I am beyond upset over what this company has done. They called my daughter's cell phone and convinced her to give them her debit card number. They said she said she was 18 yrs. of age which she wasn't. I could get nowhere with the people I spoke to. Rude people. They would not allow me to cancel and charged my daughter 49.00. From the advice from other people leaving complaints I will call and call and cancel my daughters debit card. I will ask to hear the recording for their call. Someone says that works. I am so upset over companies like this, I will report them to the Better Business people and to our bank for fraud.
Ta
  16th of Oct, 2008
this company is ridiculous. I got the same call in one day. They called me in the morning and I called to cancel in the afternoon. The lady was like it will be taken care of and will call back as soon as possible. I called again after 10 to 20 minutes from that phone call and a different lady picked up and said it was sent to the manager. The person I was talking to said they will review and will call me back. I asked how long would that take and she said five to ten minutes...and they haven't called me back. When I called again about 2 hours ago, a guy calls me to say that i have "won" this sweepstakes or whatever and I let him finish what he had to say. After he was done I said "I think this exact same phone call this morning, which by the way woke me up." He was silent for good 10 seconds. Afterwards, I told him that I called on the exact to cancel and he asked me why...Well it's because I DON'T READ DARN MAGAZINES. He said I made a verbal commitment and they said that there is no cancellation. There was nothing of the sort about not being able to cancel. Then he gets his manager and she goes "I'm sorry there is a glitch in the system." So she gave me the customer service number. I check online to see if they have charged my credit card and they have. I will call again tomorrow to see what ### they will say.