American Plumbing and Electric / over charging

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 588-4485

I had a broken expansion tank at the apartment building I own, I found them on google as my regular plumber was out of town, I have 7 tenants there and needed immediate repair.The technician told me the tank must be replaced, it is the size of a propane tank used for your BBQ. He told me the tank alone was $975.00 I said to him several times are you sure that sounds ridiculous. He assured me several times, we put it in and the bill came to $1200.00 Finally got a hold of my plumber who said the cost of the tank is $52.00, I went myself to Plumbing Contractors supply store and that is exactly what it cost. $52.00 I have called several times to American Plumbing and they refuse to do anything, they won't put a manager on the phone. We had paid by credit card and we are screwed. They should have their license revoked for Consumer Fraud.

Comments

• Na
      28th of Apr, 2009
    American Plumbing & Electric - Rip-off, abuse
    American Plumbing & Electric
    Pasadena
    California

We found this company online, when looking for an electrician.
    We called them on a Saturday, they came quickly but, as we learned later on, charged an amazing amount of money, for the service they provided.
    We only had one braker replaced and had to pay over 320$.

• Ho
      7th of Jul, 2009

Next time call someone more reliable and more reasonable.
    Try Jelectrico services at 818 201-5952
    they will take care of your Plumbing, Electrical and even construction needs