American Memorabilia / internet fraud, no payment for item auctioned

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-430-0667

I'm in the same boat as many others posting to this site having sent a valuable item to American Memorabilia for their online auction only to find it, thusfar, impossible to receive payment. I was desperate for funds when I sent the family heirloom to them last summer; they even spoke of providing advances once the item was authenticated. Of course, once it was authenticated and declared "excellent", they then stated they don't do advances. It sold in September '08. Neither emails nor phone calls are productive. They forget which excuse they've already given for not paying as promised. I filed a complaint with BBB in Las Vegas last month, but have heard nothing beyond a recognition of receiving my complaint. At this point I want, make that NEED, my money (about $1600).
Tonight I emailed Kieta (again) stating that at this point I not only want my money, but I also want to get any regulatory agency I can to investigate them regarding what appears to be fraud by internet. I was glad to see someone mention this here. I'm fairly certain this falls into a federal level of fraud. FBI?? I'm not sure which agency would manage that? I admit I want my money before they go down, but they shouldn't be allowed to continue abusing people's trust. What about class action lawsuit?

Le

Comments

27th of Mar, 2009

Try consumer affairs they have more teeth than BBB

31st of Mar, 2009

i am another consigner from florida waiting for payment. this ime for for over 14 months to recieve payment in a 9000 sale i had to get a lawyer. this company is one of the problems in this industry. id be more than happy to help out anyone and do what it takes to make sure they get exactly what they deserve. i too have complained to the bbb.

• Tr
      18th of Jun, 2009

i was owed over $8000 and i got paid under there new system. Whatever they are doing now it is working.