American Laser Centers / Office closed doors, no refund, terrible customer service

United States Review updated:
4.55
I bought a $2,600 package for laser hair removal in Reno, NV and their clinic closed its doors. I have a contract signed with American Laser Centers, however they deny having anything to do with my problem. They NEVER return phone calls, and keep transfering me to an unidentified voice mail. I leave messages but they have been ignoring me.
The little they worked on my skin showed poor results.
My next step will be to complain to the Better Business Bureau and to the Attorneys' Office. I will also have to hire a lawyer to try to get my money back, and I know of at least one more person in the same situation.

Comments

Re
  30th of Dec, 2007
I was a tech for ALC in texas and I can say that maybe 10% if even saw resluts of total hair removal. As a tech i did my own lasering and the only thing it did in the year i was there was SLOW down the growth and THIN out the hair. When we are sent to training the RN is very responsible and very knowlegable about how to treat and what to do or not do. SHe was just as clueless as to the SCAMMING ways that happend in the office. SCAMMING as in not returning clients calls back when they had complaints(which naturally they past the buck to the techs to deal with) Creating their own prices,not following protocols,etc. From what i understand,the light from the laser is microwave lights..so you tell me! Managment would fit clients into tight slots which would either put us behing or you had to half ### it in order to get to the next client. TRUST ME..by far the worst job ever!!! MANAGEMENT is my eyes must be taught how to be compulsive liars when they go tyo training. They will say anything to make their monthly bonus. Some techs are estaticians most are nothing but people needing a job. So i would highly do my research because if you run into a problem you will have hell talking to managemenet(or they will lie) or trying to get ahold off corp to complain to get your issue resolved. The techs are never given a break and in the state of texas thats not unlawful so many times you are working on your feet for 8 hours without even getting a lunch or go to the bathroom. Do your research...If they dont care about there employees..why would they care about their clients?!
Mo
  26th of Feb, 2008
Do you happen to be filing a class action lawsuit? I am having A LOT OF PROBLEMS with these people and have been receiving no help at all. Please let me know the result of your situation.

Thank you!
Monica
Al
  3rd of Mar, 2008
To all,

I represent American Laser Centers and we apologize for the delayed response to your request for assistance. We also appreciate you voicing your concerns.

American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue. If you’d like us to contact you instead, please provide your contact information to my email below and we will contact you at a time and day of your convenience.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services and your feedback is important to us.

If you have any additional problems or questions in the future, please contact our customer service team at (877) 252-2010.

American Laser Centers’ customer service center is happy to personally help you with your needs and will provide a swift response to your concern.

Allen
customerservice@alcpartner.com
www.americanlaser.com
Re
  10th of Mar, 2008
Ref: Consumer Complaint:
I purchased a contract from Aimi Kasuagai the Clinic Manager for Advanced Las Clinic last September 2006 for services for hair removal on legs, bikini, buttocks area and toes and they did not fulfill my contract and I have been paying for these services. They had me go through your Care Credit which you have been receiving your money since then. I have not received my treatments since this past October. I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Northern Nevada Inc. I would like to be reimbursed for services not rendered.I’m very unhappy and have never had this happen to me. That someone would open a business and advertise on the radio and take innocent peoples money.

IThe address of the clinic was:
Advanced Laser Clinic of Reno
6630 S. McCarran Blvd Ste C205
Reno, Nevada 89509-6157
775-828-1444
Ba
  2nd of Apr, 2008
I went to AlC in Reno Nevada. The one that closed the doors in 2007.
The manager at the time told me one of the girls was using the wrong laser on the patients. That wasn't very comforting to know because that same girl did my $450.00 IPL. I had three treatments, 2 after that no results. I am lucky my face wasn't scared!!!
If you get an attorney please tell them that. Her name is Jasmin. She was the manager. I don't remember the girls name.
An
  28th of Sep, 2009
Let me tell you about the "new ownership". He came in for a short amount of time. Then when he saw all the b.s. that had to be cleaned up he backed out. Rich Morgan (Michigan) is still the owner. I don't think he could give this business away if he wanted. It is a scam. All about money and hitting goals to bonus. I am all for bonuses and sales but on an ethical level. The clinic managers will say anything to get clients to buy. Please be aware of this company!! I would rather have a full body of hair than to go to these scamming money hungry unethical scoundrels!!
M2
  30th of Sep, 2009
Well as everyone above I am another dissatisfied customer, let me take that back, I am another extremely pissed off customer. I have been getting treatments and they have been showing okay results but not the best. Then one day I question another treatment area to them, the next thing I know I am dealing with a used car salesman personality. When I say no to them they keep adding on services, when I say no again, they keep adding on more and more services to make it look like a great deal. You start to wonder how much you are overpaying for these services when they are so willing to keep adding on free services. Then when I tell them I have to think about it over night, they tell me that it's only good for today. I felt sooooo pressured and uncomfortable and I got sucked in and signed the contract. For a week I couldn't sleep thinking about why the hell did I fall for this girls used car salesman tactic of getting business. I was so frustrated and so stressed and I need to get my money back. So now I have been battling trying to get my money back for a month and it's been ridiculous. At first I asked the office I was getting treatments at for a refund and the girl told me they will no longer be giving refunds, that the policy has changed, when my contract clearly states that a refund shall be given if no services have been performed. For anyone that has studied contract law, and you don't even have to study contract law to know this it’s common sense, that it doesn't matter if they're changing the policy, what the contract says is what needs to be granted. Oh and she also said that she had me sign the wrong contract, well that is not my problem, that is ALC's problem for not training their employees to have them use the correct contracts. These people are really a good example of bad business. THEN, thinking she'd make me feel better, she went back to her used car salesman personality and she added on more services. So I called customer service to see if I can get my refund faster since obviously I wasn't dealing with not very smart people at the treatment office. After customer service put in a request and I called them back to see what the status was, the lady had told me that it was rejected by the regional manager and told me to call them. Well who the hell is the regional manager? So I called the treatment office who told me it was a corporate decision and I need to call them. So I did and I got no answer, they said they were going to call me back and never did. I kept calling back and still no answers for me. Oh and the corporate office didn't even have a copy of the contract themselves. Finally I wrote them an email so I can have it documented explaining everything that has happened, including a pdf copy of the contract and that I had spoken with my lawyer (which I really did). 2 days later I call them to make sure that they got my email and contract and my refund is finally processing. When I ask her how long, she says 8 weeks and I was dumb founded that it would take that long for them to give me my money back when they were so quick at taking mine. Now I just have to sit here and wait and hope that my refund will actually come through. I will definitely be complaining to the better business bureau and I would love to participate in a class action suit. I still have old treatments I have to go in for and now I’m going to have to find a different office because I'm scared that the office with the used car salesman will have the girls mess up my treatments since I have been fighting with them to get my money back. Actually I would love to just get my money back for the treatments I have already started because I am just so disappointed in the way they do business. I beg everyone to please not do business with them. I am sure there are companies out their that provide the same services but aren't thieves. Good luck to everyone trying to get their money back.

American Laser Skincare Logo American Laser Skincare