American Laser Center / Fraudulent and an embarrassing!

I went to an Wellness Expo in Addison where American Laser Center had a booth set up. I filled out one of their forms to receive information regarding their services. Later that week I received a call from them saying that I had won some money that could go toward a treatment. They said if I came in within two days I would receive additional money to go towards a treatment. I am an medical aestheticisms but my office did not have the laser that does the skin tightening so I decided to go for a consultation. At the consultation their representative told me that their laser would do the skin tightening so I decided to give it a shot. I paid $1000 at that time and scheduled my appointment. I was supposed to pay the remaining amount before my last treatment. I called to reschedule my appointment for my first treatment due to scheduling conflicts. I received no return phone call. It has now been two months and still no appointment. During this time I decided to research their company because their behavior was so unprofessional. I found out that many people have had similar experiences and the reputation is that of deceit and fraud. I also found out that they don't even have the 1320 hand piece for the laser that does the skin tightening. So I was lied to and now no response from them. I plan to seek legal counsel and am embarrassed that businesses like this are allowed to continue to do business. They are a disgrace to the aesthetic industry. Definitely a chop shop! I am surprised their laser techs are not offering breast augmentation with an ice pick and some helium!

Comments

• Ki
      23rd of Jul, 2007

Dear Elaine Evans,

You could not be more wrong. Where on earth are all these other people that agree with you, because i have researched it, and there are a lot more good reviews then bad, and i highly doubt that a company that has 170 clinics nationwide, and are opening more every day ran away with your 1000.00 dollars, and as for them not having the handpiece for the skin tightening, once again you are lying. Every clinic in new york has it, i just think you are pissed that you cant get the time and day you want, so you are going to make stuff up about them. There are more important things going on in life, then badmouthing a company that wont give you your way. Did you know there was a war going on? I and all of my friends have had nothing but great experiences with this company, and i'm sure the general public is smart enough not to listen to one angry woman. And being that you are an aestheticism, you should know better to take care of your face to prevent you from needing skin tightening, wouldn't you think?

27th of Jul, 2007

First off, Elaine don't listen to a word this crock pot is saying to you... This company is a complete sham... and with no doubt its one of their lying two faced employees defend they huge $6000.00 bonuses they get for scamming you out of your hard earned money...

I went in for my first treatment and was completely lied to... The Clinic manager told me that everyone working there were trained professionals and knew what they were doing and that the nurse working on me had four years of experience.

The nurse only had two weeks and forgot to give me protective eyewear, plus there was no receptionist and 3 FedEX men saw me naked because the nurse refused to keep the treatment door closed... I've been trying to get a hold of them and they are sloppy, never return calls and refuse to give any refund for the $5400, that they locked away on a credit card... Whatever you do, don't go for a treatment because then they lock you into their bogus "no refund" policy... It doesn't matter even if they scar you and make you go blind, all they care about is your $$$.... So be warned stay away from American Laser Centers... My advice for you is to go to the District Attorney's office, then the Better Business Burea... Show up and their events, warn the public what they did to you, be a pain in their ###. Oh and do NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT fall for all the things they offer you in order to keep you quiet and avoid giving you a refund. All of it is a lie!!! I'm sorry but if you don't believe me look here...

Well another thing you can do is to contact this attorney Ken Quat he's starting a class action lawsuit against American Laser Centers... Hope this info helps and again to the person posting above, it seems they know a little too much about American Laser Centers to be a "happy customer"... Good luck, don't ever give up fighting.

27th of Jul, 2007

First off, Elaine don't listen to a word this crock pot is saying to you... This company is a complete sham... and with no doubt its one of their lying two faced employees " defending their" huge $6000.00 bonuses they get for scamming you out of your hard earned money...

• Li
      3rd of Aug, 2007

I am a current client of American laser centers. I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I have great results so far. I have had hair removal on several areas, and couldn't be happier with the results. I recently signed up for a FotoFacial package and for an AmeriSmooth treatment package. The clinic manager did my consultation and was very up front about the results I can expect, potential complications and she also discussed the no refund policy. I knew going into the treatments that there were no guarantees. Aesthetic medicine is not an exact science. I am confident that the nurses doing my treatments are truly trying to achieve the best possible results for me. I have never felt taken advantage of or that the technicians were anything but caring and competent. I can't speak more highly of this company. The negative experiences presented in other postings are unfortunate, but they are a complete 180 from my experience.

6th of Aug, 2007

American Laser Centers scammed me by telling me I won a $300 dollar gift certificate at a drawing that they said "someone else must have signed you up" and I believed them. I really thought I had won a gift certificate and that someone had signed me up. Turns out the gift certificate is NOT a gift certificate at all and they say it can go towards packages in the thousands. I decided not to do a package due to the costs (thank goodness)and bought a $53 dollar bottle of crap that i wanted to return the next day (unopened) and the manager told me that they have to keep 10% of it if i returned it and she had to call "regional"it so i stormed out all pissed and told her i read all the scams they have done to poor unsuspecting people and that i was not impressed. This place is garbage and represents all that is wrong in this world. Never did get my money back.

17th of Aug, 2007

I was excited about having laser facelift treatments. My skin was peachy cream but I was aging as all 50+ year olds do. I bought a package of microdermabrasion and laser facelift.

My level of dissatisfaction is great. I am sorry that I signed up. I encourage anyone who wants these treatments to find a center where the RNs have at least one year of experience and have had the treatments on their faces.

The first visit was a nightmare with a laser light triggered migraine that lasted for 14 hours with severe vomiting. The microdermabrasion treatments were harsh and inconsistent. The laser lift left four burn marks on my right cheek. Throughout the service I told the director of the problems with broken equipment and inconsistent treatments. The RNs did not have the treatments performed on their faces. I thought this was inappropriate - as they did not have a clue as to how to ask - "Is this comfortable for you."

I made a formal complaint to the corporate office to an operator. She guaranteed me that a VP would call me back. No call back. I called a second time. No call back.

I went back to the director of my center to ask for a refund or at least stop payment on my remaining treatments. I had less than half of the paid for treatments. But because I signed a hold harmless waiver I have to make the payments. I signed up for $3,700. I have to pay it off. My attorney said I have no recourse.

I regret having not checked up on American Laser.

• Al
      3rd of Mar, 2008

To all posted in this thread,

I represent American Laser Centers and we would like to take a moment to apologize to those who had a negative experience at one of our clinics.

American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding any of your issues. If you’d like us to contact you instead, please provide your contact information to my email below and we will contact you at a time and day of your convenience.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services and your feedback is important to us.

If you have any additional problems or questions in the future, please contact our customer service team at (877) 252-2010.

American Laser Centers’ customer service center is happy to personally help you with your needs and will provide a quick response to your concern.

Allen
    customerservice@alcpartner.com
    www.americanlaser.com

• Si
      12th of Mar, 2008
    American Laser Center - Poor customer service!
    American Laser Center

American Laser Center has the worst customer service department. I'm tired of reading responses from ALCPartner telling people who are complaining to call the 800 number. I've left numerous messages and no one has responded. There isn't even a live person to take the call--you are automatically transferred to a "general" voicemail. Even after emailing, the customer service rep who automatically responded to the email saying they will contact you shortly (yeah right) leaves the same general phone number. I'm on my way to hiring a lawyer and contacting the BBB.

• Ed
      29th of Jul, 2008

I am a Americanlaser client, a VERY SATISFIED client. I am so sorry to hear this horror stories, I am so thrill with their treatments, staff and honesty that I decided to try every treatment they have to offer and that I could benefit from. I am nor rich, but I work very hard to make myself happy. And I believe that a lot of you unhappy ladies, either are not good candiates for laser (too big, or too much sking) or regret the fact that the treatments are not cheap, and since you can not get your money back, you say ugly things and lies about the entire company.
    I am a client I repeat, not an employee and I honestly can tell you, yes the treatmens are expensive but I AM WORHT IT!!! so if you think you are worth a good treament go to Americanlaser.

• La
      28th of Aug, 2008

Hello to all,

I have actually been getting hte laser hair removal treatments with ALC for the past year and a half. I have been working with the licensee clinic in Asheville, NC. And to be honest I love them. They are professional to the highest extent you can expect from these places. And, I have seen drastic results with my hair removal, honestly... i bought a 3/4 full body package from them and the results have been amazing... however, i have been to some other clinics and felt displeased by their services... alot of the coorporate offices are pushers, dont do the procedure properly and have untrained techs... the lasers have to be on the right setting... not so low that you cant even feel the laser working, but not so high that you get harmed or burned or get electrical migranes... i have had both happen to me, i have been burned by untrained techs, and i have had worthless sessions where the person uses the laser at such a low level it doesnt do crap to the hairs... you need it set at the setting where it hurts but you can stand it. trust me, that is the only way the service works... like i said i have had really amazing results, you just have to find the right clinic. Asheville, NC is AMAZING, professional, ethical, consistant with their call backs and communication, integral, and i have had nothing but good experiences with their clinic... also boca raton in fl is a good clinic... steer clear of hunington, NY and fortlauderdale, FL... they are not good clinics...

thanks,
    lauren

• De
      15th of Sep, 2008

Iam now affraid to keep the appointment that has been scheduled for me, i plan to get the injections t o have the skin thightening, also removal of hair under my chin... IWAS SO EXCITED ABOUT HAVING THIS PROCEEDURE DONE UNTIL NOW, HEARING ALL THESE BAD COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS!!!

• Ji
      29th of Sep, 2008

I can understand that self-image is important, especially in todays society. Because of this, I believe most are eager enough to go through a procedure without further researching a companies credentials, certifications and licensing.

We are so apt to sign up and swipe our credit cards to the idea of "beauty in a bottle, " or non-invasive procedures such as Thermage, Peels, IPL...etc. It seems safe enough that almost any licensed professional could perform such a safe procedure.

One could be licensed, certified, and even obtained awards for outstanding service that its attractive enough for companies to hire such employee. Unfortunately, it boils down to that one employee treating such a client with the ability to listen and understand the client's anatomy. Sometimes a client could have clear skin, yet have a small form of roscea.

Even a small pimple could be overlooked, which is in some cases a sign of skin cancer. I do understand it is an aestheticians job to diagnose such skin malformities, but it also the clients responsibility to seek a Dermatologist before seeking medical spas, which are not given the ability to diagnose certain skin conditions.

Obviously if you have mature skin and you may be a bit dry, IPL or lasers may not be well suited for you as they may increase your skins dryness. Think about it...does the sun hydrate you or dry you out. NOT to say that uv rays are the same as lasers, but I am sure you have somewhat of the message I am trying to convey.

Not every clinic is the same. These clinics are individually owned and from reading a recent article, it has been acquired under a new CEO who has years of experience in customer service and the morality of companies. I hope to each of you, your matters are resolved and that you find the results within yourselves in whatever self-improvement you seek.

• Mi
      20th of Dec, 2008

Am looking for ex-employess who worked for ALC and treated like ...well you know! Contact me here.

• Do
      3rd of Feb, 2009

kokomo indiana gas american refuses to honor my convenience card, but they will except me credit card. After writting last June no change from this station, when the attendant tell me to put in my credit card. They refuse to honor keet their word, when they said they talked to the station.
    I do not think they like senior, handicapped, old men and they do are not customer friendly

12th of Jun, 2009

Hi there,

I worked for ALC for over 2 years as an RN. Please contact me if you'd like.

dhkrn@aol.com

Mary

• Sh
      28th of Jul, 2009

i just want this ### off my face!

• Be
      10th of Nov, 2009

I am a Client of American Laser Centers, Clearlake Location and I absolutely LOVE all of the services I am getting treatment for.
    My laser hair removal to my Bikini Braz Ext and Underarms are working so well, I will be adding my Legs sometime in December!
    I was so pleased with my treatments I purchased the Full Legs pkg for my mother last year for Mother's Day!
    I have nothing but positive things to say about Amerian Laser Center, they have been nothing but respectful, kind, ethical, and personable.If you want to go to a Company that will take care of yor laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation, and cellulite treatment go to AMERICAN LASER CENTERS!
    You know we are all grown adults here and if you go in and sign up, reading the documents presented, you should NOT get upset and write ugly things about the company whenyou cannot get a refund. Do you go get groceries at Kroger, eat them, decide you do not like them, then go in requesting a refund? NO! Do send your kids to the orthodontist, get them braces, then after 1-2 years of wearing them decide you do not like the work and expect a refund? NO!

There are NO cosmetic procedures out there that are GUARANTEED! If you are not happy with something, just don't buy more. Don't go on the internet and slam.
    An upset customer will tell 10 people, a Happy customer will tell 1 person. Just remember that when reading all of the nasty blogs.

• Gu
      1st of Feb, 2010

Bethany ANN would you want to get stuck with charges for services that were never performed? enotherwords My appt. was cancelled, and now they are running up my credit card for fees that were never disclosed on my contract. I have showed them my contract and they will not remove these fees. Were at over $400.00 now and climbing. This wouldn't upset you?

• Wh
      24th of Feb, 2010

I am so very unhappy with my treatments. I signed up for a full face package (6 sessions and a 2 year guarantee) at the cost of nearly $2, 000.00 for "permanent laser hair removal" I signed up at the Hinsdale, Illinois location and them switched to TinleyPark, Illinois location.I have been going since June 2006-February 18 2010.Why so long, you may ask.Well simply its because it did not permanently remove all my facial hair...even though I was told I was a prime candidate since my hair is dark and my skin is light. On my last visit they told me that corporate had told them to let me go as client because I had been there too long. I have been telling them that I have been unhappy with the results since about my third visit, some how they always had an excuse, whether it was because its my face and that's the most difficult area to treat, hormones or other reasons. Not likely since I had my hormone levels checked.To add icing to the cake the tech told me that it was "laser hair reduction, not laser hair removal".How comical, since permanent laser hair removal is what they sold me, what I signed up for, whats plastered all over their website.Not only that the tech also said that other customers who still had hair after their contract ran out bought $50.00 single sessions?????Amazing how can they charge $50.00 a single session yet I paid nearly 2 grand? Lets see 6 sessions @ $50.00 = $300.00...wow I feel as if I been ripped off from the price alone, not to mention that I only have about 15% less hair than what I started off with.Before leaving I asked if there was a number I could call, the tech told me to ask for a refund request form, she said other clients had asked for them too. Nice!!!
    I wonder how many other clients have had the same results? I ended up talking with the Reg.Manager...I have been doing research and found a great web site www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/ i found it to be very helpful Lisa MadiganIllinois Attorney General Consumer Fraud Bureau.She fights for consumers rights!!!
    Please note that this is my story and your results may vary.

• Th
      13th of Mar, 2010

I AGREE WITH YOU. I HAVE BEEN TO 2 OTHER PLACES AND FELT MORE LIKE A PATIENT RATHER THAN A NUMBER. RIP RIP OFF