American Income Life / Scam! Thanks everyone!

1 900 S Frontage RoadWoodridge, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-707-0902

Hello Everyone!

I would like to thank the other career seachers for their information on this web page. I was contacted today about an interview with this company and decided to do some company research before I went in for my interview, like a good little prospective employee. I wanted to learn more about the company so I could sound professional and educated about them. Well, Thank You everyone because what I read on this page saved me time and effort.

I am outraged that this company has done this before to so many people in other states! I had the same script read to me and the rep stated "dress professionally" and "bring a crisp resume". Wow!

I called right back, asked for the rep that talked to me and cancelled my appointment. I did state that I looked up their company on the internet and found that it was a pyrmid scam and was not happy! The rep didn't know what to say and hungup. Chalk one up for the unemployed! We are all not that despirate to fall for this trap. So, those of you reading this for the first time after thinking you have a career offer, remember, there are plenty of other opportunities out there. Don't get frustrated and don't waste your time with a place like this!

Al

Comments

• De
      10th of Dec, 2008

Hello!

I also got the scripted call this morning to "dress professionally - because they are a professional company and have clients coming in and out of their office all day long" and to bring "two resumes". Also I was told that they are a Forbes Fortune 500 Company and I would fit "one of the positions they have open", but no indication as to what positions those were. I did set up an interview, but thanks to this
    site I called and cancelled it.

Thanks!

• Ji
      10th of Dec, 2008

i know several people who have wonderful jobs with this company and have made lots of money the problem is most unemployed people are unemployed for a reason from what i can see here is laziness. all great jobs and incomes take work and time most people a just looking for that easy check paid hourly not by the work they do or bring in. LAZY LAZY LAZY. I dont know about the rest of you but i earn more by not having someone tell me how much i can make but by me setting the pace . there isnt an hourly job out there that pays as well as these jobs and i use to be a vp for a union contractor.
    and if you dont want the job stop complaining and go find a different one. no one is making you take this job or go to this interview. AIL has been around a long long time so they must be doing something right.

18th of Dec, 2008

I had a phone message from "Tiffany" of American Income tonight just as I came home from being laid off from my longtime job as a newspaper editor -- they axed all the newspapers in our group. It took me several playbacks to even get the company name. Made the call; she returned my call and said the VP wanted to interview me. I asked if they saw my background. As others said, they were vague in the job info. Set up an appointment for 10 a.m. Monday and she e-mailed the info, including the "dress professionally" and "bring a new resume (Duh), directions and a link to a video, which immediately made me suspicious.
    Research took me here, confirmed my suspicions. Next step, Cancel the interview.
    Gawd, I love the Internet!

• Br
      20th of Dec, 2008
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Funny Jim, you like to make a living selling scams to people? I'd rather be lazy than be a ### taking food from the mouths of families in need.

• Ms
      21st of Jan, 2009

Thank you all for submitting your comments. I had an interview scheduled for today, but after reading how American Income is just a BIG scam, I just called and canceled.

3rd of Feb, 2009

This site was so helpful. I too, received an email stating that they reviewed my resume and i was a good fit for their company. I found it very odd that i did not receive a phone call from a rep to schedule an interview, instead I was sent an email letting me know that there was an opening available for the next morning which i was already expected to be at. That was the first red flag for me!

I previously had set up an interview with the company but the day before I had an emergency that I had to tend to so I missed my interview. I did not call and let the rep know what was going on at all and when she called me I did not answer the phone. Now with being considered why would the company still be interested in hiring me. That was the second red flag!

It only took me two red flags for me to decide that I would not waste my time attending an interview. This is for Jim who is a few comments ahead. Being unemployed has nothing to do with being lazy, if it did I would not have taken time out to research the company before I attended the interview, and i would also not take time to post my resume if I didnt want to find a job. The individuals that you know that work for the company must one of the many idiot "managers" that watse my time with the scam. You should be ashamed that of yourself for judging others who are not as fortunate as you to have a nice career. Or do you trulyu have a career? With the way things look for this company you may be putting all your hard work into this "career" just to find out in the long run that it is a scam! I hope this company gets shut down and hopefully you have saved up enough of money from scamming people to still be able to provide for your family. Or maybe you will have to join the rest of us lazy unemployed individuals.

3rd of Feb, 2009

Wow! I also received "the call" today asking me to go to an interview, dress professionaly and bring resumes. Thank God for the Internet and Thank God I've been thought at school to do my research on the companies I am going to interview. Thank you all for saving me the time of going to this interview!!!

• Ai
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Wow! You guys probably wouldn't have gotten hired! AIL is a great company not to mention employer. Like Jim said up there, you can work your hourly job or stay unemployed if you want. If you like clocking in and out, working 40 hours a week for minimum wage- stay away from AIL! But if you like being your own boss, setting your own schedule, helping to protect families, and making oh I don't know... over 50k a year- go to your AIL interview dressed professionally with 2 crisp new resumes! The reason why there are so many complaints is probably because the person they heard the site from got an interview and wasn't hired. AIL only hires the best of the best for the best insurance company to work for. Scratch that, AIL is the #1 insurance company to work for in North America. Go check out yahoo's hot jobs list. You guys are really missing out. I love working for AIL. I get to do the greatest things; help families in times of need. And by helping to protect those families, I help myself, not with just the thought of doing it, but by making money.

• Ai
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I forgot to say that AIL is ranked #33 on the list for all companies to work for. You should really meet one of the many families AIL helps. They all love AIL. And those families who have had a member pass away, you better believe AIL paid them their full amounts of coverage. You people really need to get a grip and find something else to do. A.M. Best rated American Income Life ''A+ Superior'' for claim-paying ability, operating performance, and overall financial strength. Beat that!

• Su
      24th of Mar, 2009

Wow Stephanie, sounds like you drank the kool-aid. I received an email from AIL saying that my phone number was lost when I submitted my resume. When I looked back to my detailed list of all companies I had applied to, I saw that I had never applied for a position at AIL. Then two days later I received a phone call from "Juanita" asking me to call for an interview. Guess, they found my number. If the company were legitimate, why would they resort to lying about receiving an application in order to get people to set up an interview? It is completely unethical to prey on the 8%+ of us that are unemployed and looking for real jobs. And that would be jobs that don't pay minimum wage, Jim, but professional positions.

• Mj
      25th of Mar, 2009

To AILstephanie,

So are you also sleeping with your managers? No one can be that thrilled by working for AIL unless your getting some action from the higher ups. And if you're at an Altig agency I'm betting you are. But I digress.

AIL is ranked #33 because they paid to be there and that site also considers the number of job postings on internet sites. The more postings AIL has on Hot Jobs, Monster, Yahoo etc, the higher they ascend on the list. No other reason other than their ability to fill up people's spam folders is the reason they are #33. But hey, you're happy about that so goes to show how ignorant of the actual facts you are.
    They are not rated "A+ Superior" either. S&P and Moody's just downgraded them again because, and get this, HIGH agency turnover. Something I'm sure you will be experiencing in the not too distant future. I am glad you didn't try to lay on any crap about Torchmark being a Fortune 500 company though. Seeing as how they've never been one. Although I'm positive they keep telling you they are.

All the best.

23rd of Apr, 2009

Wow I received a call to come to an AIL interview. After reading all these postings i will not be wasting my morning there.I also agree with Mjd only some one that happy about working for a company like that has to be putting in some extra hours!!! Also jim is a ###

24th of Apr, 2009

I totally agree with mjd. Stephanie just own up to it hun you know you're ###in your manager all over your desk!!! What are you getting a raise for tryin to convince people that your company is #1????? I'm sorry hunny but what is your position title????? I'm a mother and I bet my IQ is higher than yours. So why don't you stop tryin to put up an argument knowing you're going to loose and go back to suckin your managers dick!!!

• Li
      30th of Apr, 2009

Like everyone else, I received a phone call to set up an interview with AIL yesterday. I heard the same script, "Bring two resumes, dress professionally, and I'll send you an email with your appointment information, website link, and video about the company."

Being newly unemployed, even I knew that a legitimate HR department doesn't set up interviews in this matter. After hearing this scripted spiel that everyone else had mentioned above, I found it odd that a professional company would have to remind interviewees to bring resumes, dress professionally, and send out an appointment reminder. Not to mention during the initial phone call I wasn't asked anything about my background, my skills, or my interest in this "unknown" position. I wasn't told what the position was with the company, nor was I asked how I could directly benefit AIL (aren't all employers looking to find employees that have the skills and experience to make an immediate impact on the position the company is offering?).

With all that being said, I did my own research and stumbled across this website (and several others) informing potential AIL interviewers about this company. I quickly canceled my interview this morning.

THANK YOU for saving me time at this interview so I could continue my search for an actual job position.

• Dk
      18th of May, 2009

Wow! Thank you so much. I was contacted by this company on Friday, May 15. They offered me a position as a Benefits Representative, with a starting salary of 60, 000 a year. I called back to speak with a Mr. Robert Olson, and was asked by the operator "Why did I want to speak with him?" I informed her that I was interviewing with him on Tuesday, and simply had a few questions regarding the position, hours, pay scale, etc, and was directed to speak with a "No Named" person in HR.

I called back to question the allegations waged by this website, and was also hung up on by the rep. I called back and asked to speak with someone in their legal department, and was placed on hold for about five minutes or so, when the Director of HR, again, "No Name", returned and informed me "that the members of the legal department were all in meetings". How often have we heard that before?

Another company to watch out for is called World Estate Group. They ask for your bank account information, so that they can set up direct deposits for your payroll, then transfer or attempt to transfer money from your account to an over-seas account--through Chase Bank. I was able to stop them and report them to our local state government, but they are still out there.

Good luck to everyone looking for a job. Stay encouraged.

• Dk
      18th of May, 2009

WORLD ESTATE GROUP, Yeah, stay away from these guys. They are a total scam. And to all of those who love American Income Life, you do know that they are not an actual insurance company that is recognized by the American Insurance and Casualty Group. If people give them their money, they are not guaranteed to receive benefits during their time of actual need. If you go to the web link below, it lists all of the Nationally recognized Insurance Agencies and Groups. American Income Life is not listed. So you can listen to Jim and Stephanie, who mind you are also a part of this on-going scam, and go onto web sites like this to try and sway people from the true nature of their business. But the reality is that this company is "NOT" a national recognized insurance company, but more of a door-to-door salesmen's scam. They offer no benefits and use scare tactics to try and influence their customers, who are mostly blue collar workers, limited education (highest grade completed is 8th grade or 2nd year High School).

You can confirm this information for yourself, by going to the link below and typing in Insurance Companies

DON'T LET JIM AND STEPHANIE TRICK YOU INTO THEIR SCAM.

1st of Jul, 2009

Just received the same 'usual' phone call. Trying to get me to head to Woodridge, IL. which is nowhere near where I currently live. I say I don't want to drive that far for work. She says, "we have offices near you." She doesn't even know where I live, by the way. I ask what the pay scale is... she says it's confidential and only the regional director knows. If she truly is in HR, she WILL know the pay scale! I ask if it is commission... she says there's no cold-calling. I ask if it is salary. She bypasses the question again. I'm about to lose it at this point. Regardless of what the pay is, these agents should have no problem telling us that its a commission job. I lie and say I'll see them at the appointment.

As for the people who are bragging about how great AIL is... anyone can work there, ANYONE! There are zero requirements that you need to meet. No degree necessary, no past experience necessary... just speak English and be 18 years or older.

This is a contract position in which you will take on all costs. Travel, Cell Phone Usage, Gas, etc. Any REAL company reimburses you for these things or provide you with them. Unfortunately there are plenty of gullible people out there that will continue giving this place a 'shot'. People need to stop fueling the fire.

OH, and if you do decide to take this job, enjoy filing your taxes next year.

• Fr
      6th of Jun, 2010

Hi, my name is Frank. I personally was in the top 50 of all Agents nationwide. I received awesome bonus checks, great commission checks & knew 1st hand what it took to sell the products offered. This is a 100% commission job but can be very rewarding if you put in the time and effort to learn about the business. Not to mention the residual income you will start to receive after 8 months of continuously writing buisness, 4-8% of your ALP. You will be 100% vested after 10 years and as long as you keep writing buisness, your renewal checks continue to grow. I know agents and Managers making $3k $4k $7, 000 a month in residual income alone there. I left thinking the grass was greener elsewhere, but it's not. You will file a 1099, all commissions are paid to you 100%, you get alot of deductions when you file your taxes. People do not plan to fail, but fail to plan. Be patient, learn, and American Income can be extremely rewarding for some, not all. This takes very good people skills, communication, etc. And the Sales are soft sales, not hard selling. 1st year agents who can make 6 sales a week can take home $1000+. & managing agents can make some very big bucks. Like they say, don't knock it until you try it & 1st hand see a paycheck in your hands. If it isn't for you, just move on.

• Vi
      26th of Aug, 2010

OMG, I just got done talking to an AIL representative offering me a job. They make sound so professional when they call you, I'm so glad that i found this site. I won't be wasting my morning going to that interview!

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2010

I just received a call from the lady in their HR Department. She pretty much said everything that everyone on here had already said. I would be meeting with their Regional Manager Bob Olsen, Bring a copy of my resume and dress professionally. I asked if it was a full time position and she almost seemed surprised that I asked a question and told me that it was fulltime flexible.
    When she read me the address I thought that it sounded familiar and that they had called me before...when I looked it up online I found this website...for the 2nd time. I knew it sounded familiar.
    I won 't be going to my scheduled interview...1) I do think that it is a scam 2) Even if it isn't a scam, I will not work solely on commission..I have a family and commission is like gambling at whether or not you will receive a paycheck. No thanks!
    Good Luck to all on your job hunting!!