American Airlines / seats too cramped on 14 hour flight

My husband paid $1200 for ticket DFW to Zurich and I flew on points, hard-earned ones, for this horrible, miserable airplane experience. Our seats on flight 37 Zurich to DFW in Dallas and on flight 28 DFW to Zurich were SO SMALL and cramped we couldn't even fold out the tray table all the way but only half way where it bends in the middle. HORRIBLE leg cramps, and when the people in seats in front of us decided to recline, the tray table turned into an instrument of torture to our stomachs! We complained to steward who said "American installed 130 extra seats in this plane and this is the result. Sorry." I've complained to American too...no results yet...but I feel we should receive compensation of some kind for pain and suffering. I am seeing my physician this week about pain in side and also breaking out in two places due to constriction of clothing and intense body heat. This greuling, long flight was the worst in my life. My husband's long legs cramped too and he is sick now that we're back home. He is seventy. I am sixty-four.

American Airlines Logo American Airlines