AMC Entertainment Inc / not allowing my child into a movie after 6pm

Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (816) 221-4000

I took my son who is only a year old to AMC 24 in Hampton, VA on Monday at 7:30pm when there is less likely to be a large crowd. We were trying to go see Identity Thief since it was supposed to be a comedy and was the only movie I thought was appropiate for my child that was showing at that time. I was told at the ticket window that AMC has a policy that children under the age of 6 are not allowed into any R rated movie after 6pm even with a parent. I went home and looked on the AMC website to find this policy and couldn't find it posted anywhere! I called the theater manager and told him of my complaint. It took him more than 20 minutes to find this policy in writing and it turns out that the policy is only visible if you want to purchase tickets online on another website! I don't purchase my tickets online since I live next to the theater. I have been to this theater many times and its always in an adult movie that there are disruptions not from kids my sons age but from teenagers and other adults! I would rather see a kids movie than an adult movie for that very reason. I don't know how many times I have told someone else to put away a cellphone or to be quiet cause they were being disruptive but because my child MIGHT be a disruption I cannot bring him to the movies with me to see this comedy. There times also do not match up to peoples schedules there was no other time for that movie before 7:45 except at 4pm and I can't take my child at that time! This is absolutely unacceptable and until they actually do something about the people that are actually being disruptive I should be able to bring my child to any movie I deem fit!

Kf