Ambit Energy / Charging too much/devious
I have been an ambit energy customer for my gas supplier since 2008. I am on a "guaranteed" plan that saves me a minimum of 1% under nicor gas prices (I live in il). Every year, i get an analysis of the rates by each company. If nicor is less, ambit sends me a check of the difference. Been on this plan the whole time since 2008. All of a sudden i get a gas bill that is unusually high, the next month it's the most i've ever paid in 22 years! I realize they are charging me $1.06 per therm!!! Nicor was .27 same period!!! So i called and said how can you charge me quadruple what nicor is charging?? They said they sent me a renewal letter in august... I did not receive the letter. Also, when i called, she verified my e-mail address. They had it on file and why didn't they send an e-mail??? Now they are telling me it will take 1-2 billing cycles to get me back to nicor. I'm done with them. Can't stand dishonest, devious companies. I wonder how they sleep at night charging that much? I am a business owner and whenever i see a huge mark-up for srp price, i can't ask that. I'd like to sleep at night. Think twice before switching or signing up with ambit energy. Never again for me!
More Ambit Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Ambit Energy - A complete scam 
- Ambit Energy - Your Getaway free Vacation offer 
- Ambit Energy - Billing scam 
- Ambit Energy - They're incompetent 
- Ambit Energy - Rip off 
- Ambit Energy Holdings - customer service
- Ambit Energy Holdings - after 8 years of being a customer they shut my electric off without proper notice.
- Ambit Energy Holdings - Ambit energy customer service
- Ambit Energy Holdings - Electricity
- Ambit Energy - Charging after cancelation