AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Clubunethical sales practices

I recently went on a trip to Mexico and was taken in by a Secrets vacation club in which the talk was fast, the smiles unlimited, the promises undocumented and the small incidential's not even mentioned. After returning home and reviewing and researching this club we found many cons and some pros regarding this club. Items mentioned very briefly at the presentation were glanced over, other items in the contracts were not even mentioned. Upon calling UVC about our wanting to cancel this contract due to breach, they keep calling and emailing me for a response...I sent them my original letter stating why I was cancelling (PS not cancellation clause in contract) and they responded back with a counteroffer (extra add on's to what the original purchase was). I had to leave for a business trip and have not been able to respond to their counteroffer as of yet but will shortly. Since I cancelled the credit/debit card I used so they cannot withdraw any funds, and I filed a complaint with my banking institution and received a provisional credit until we get this worked out.

I swear the sales reps took Jordan Belfort's Straight Line of Persuasion course!!! I will never again attend another one of these type presentations! Old saying buyer beware is one to live by!!!

Hoping to get this resolved shortly!

Dm
Mar 12, 2014

Comments

• Tr
      Apr 27, 2014

I am wondering if you have since figured this out. Were you able to get back your money in full? I hope so! Please help if you have advice. Thanks!

• Dm
      Apr 28, 2014

I have been sending them correspondence stating that we were taken in by their salesperson misrepresentation of the actual deal. feeding us alcoholic drinks during the presentation and at the breakfast/brunch, that their counter offer trying to persuade us to take the deal with additional perks show that there was no meeting of the minds which is what a contract requires by law. I closed the account out that was given for auto payments and my bank has given us a provisional credit. The case is still active so I do not know what the next step will be... to be continued!!!

• Al
      Feb 06, 2016

Did you get it resolved?

• Do
      Feb 07, 2016

The bank denied the provisional credit, however, after a few more emails to the company, they decided to give in and sent me back my full deposit. It took over 5 months from start to finish...glad it was over. I will never do that again!

• Al
      May 19, 2016

I got out of it.

• Cu
      May 26, 2016

I just came back from cancun and sorry to say but they persuaded my wife to get a 10 yrs. packet. As in your case we signed lots of papers that I am sure nobody really reviews until one gets home and the alcohol and exaggeration of benefits has faded. I have been reading it but can't find anywhere our right to cancel. However, I found a section a where they have 30 days to reject. The whole contract is one sided. For instance you can only sue in Dominican Republic. Strangely enough in other section it says that you can not taken them to court. You are only allowed to use a mediator.

• My
      Feb 25, 2017

@Cun hello,

i am in the same boat did you fix this ?
    my email address is [protected]@msn.com if you can email me maybe we can get together and get our money back >
    Joann