Altech Autopage / Poor customer service

South Africa Review updated:

I would like to tell you a story about the worst customer service I have ever experience.

Six years ago I took out a cell phone contract with altech autopage in cape town. The telephone number involved is [protected] and it was a cell c casual chat contract.
The problem started 3 years ago when I sent my nokia 3200 in for repairs to have the joystick fixed. I was told to wait 6-8 weeks and after 10 weeks I was called to pick up my phone.

When I arrived at the store my phone was not fixed and I was told that they do not fix water damaged phones!
I argued with the gentleman that that was ridiculous as my phone worked fine.

I left the store furious and went to a cell phone shop down the road. The reason I didn’t do this in the first place was because my phone was still under warranty. The gentleman fixed my phone in front of me in less than ten minutes and charged me only r40.

To my surprise the end of the month I receive a statement that for r148 form autopage and guess what it was for? A cellphone repair charge! Outraged I called the contact center to query this matter. I was sent from department to department spending literally hours on the phone costing me triple the charge of my query.

I advised autopage that I wasn’t going to pay this amount. After almost 3 months of emails and phone calls I was finally told that the charge would be reversed. My line was obviously suspended for these three months and I was advised I need to apy an amount of r296 to get my line reactivated and buy a sim card of r110.

Frustrated I deposited r296 in the bank account details provided to me and line was reactivated in december 2017. I used my line all december long. On the 03rd january 2017 autopage debited my bank account for r296. I spent hours again on the phone to query this and was told it was the amount I had to pay to reactivate my line.

I told the supervisor that I deposited this money already and even emailed a proof of payment to her. She then acknowledged my argument that they made a mistake and advised me I would get a refund in 14 working days.

After 3days my line gets disconnected. When I spend another few hours on the line I was told that my line was disconnected for non-payment! Can you believe that?

I had to battle again with different departments and supervisors and after 3 months my line was reactivated but I still couldn’t get my r296 refunded. I had to buy another sim card of r110 off course.
I was advised that my money would hold as deposit and I would only get it back after my contract ends. I asked the supervisor if they could use it as a credit on my account and just deduct my monthly charge from it but his was apparently not possible.

I had one and a half years left on this contract and could hardly wait for it to finish.

I checked on the internet and it showed me that my contract ends on the july2011.

I was informed in january 2017 when I called to ask when I need to confirm my cancellation and was advised to do so in may, 2 months before the contract ends.
In may I called and did this only to be informed by a consultant that my contact only ends in august and I need to call end july to confirm cancelation. Being skeptical I called twice more to confirm this and was advised the same thing. I asked why I states on the internet that my contract ends july2011 and they see otherwise? I was advised it was a technical problem.

I was on a reduced subscription of r15 per month and to my surprise I see on the internet a bill for august 2017 of r149. When I queried this in august I was informed again it was a technical problem and I don’t have to worry. I would only be charged r15 excluding calls and I would get my r296 deposit which was held transferred into my bank account from which they debit my account. The consultant nicely reconfirmed my bank account information.

Come end of august I was charged r149. Another few hours on the phone and finally again with a supervisor I was told that my contract ended in july and this was a normal subscription for my line rental in august!

I was furious. I asked about my refund and the lady said they only owe me r13. She said that she would send me a reconciliation email of my account stating all the amounts they deducted and what is left what they owe me and it would take about a week. The supervisor who told me this is charmaine from their accounts department on the 01 september 2017 @ 15:48 with reference number a11090115479.

After a week on no response I decided on the 11th september i’m not going to waste anymore time and money on the phone and decided to go to the auto page store in parow center in cape town.

The consultant, nadeem smasodien kind of listened to my story and made copies of my id and online printouts I had and advised he will send it to his head office. He asked me to email me a brief description of what happened which he would forward to their head office.
He took down my number and email address and promised a call back on monday when the head office was open.

I received once again no call on monday. After sending him an sms the tuesday I received an email that he would get back to me when he receives feed back from his head office.

Being in the call center business myself I advised him how poor this kind of customer service was and he didn’t even respond.

I received no reply from him and decided to call him on the tuesday 27th september to ask what was happening.

He advised that he wasn’t in the office and would call me back the next day. I received a call from him at 10:25 on 28th september.
He advised me there was nothing he could do. He was advised I need to call the accounts or legal department to sort this matter out.
I just need to be persistent and keep calling them.

At this stage I gave up!

Cu

Comments

• Ge
      Aug 04, 2010
    Altech Autopage - Unable to resolve basic request
    South Africa

I am trying to cancel my contract and put my number to a prepaid system. I requested this happen and was told I have to do nothing else, this will be sorted out. It has now been 6 days of complaining, requesting, phoning, going to branches in my area, repeatedly trying to get hold of someone who can help me to absolutely no avail. Autopage Cellular are incredibly poor at customer service, they are not empowered to deal with people or the problems they have. In fact everyone seems to attempt to pass the buck to the next department. I wish that my problem (probably a matter of clicking to a new setting on their system) is sorted out immediately. I don't know why I ever went with them and one of there contracts in the first place.

• Ce
      Jan 10, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Altech autopage
    Altech autopage
    altech.co.za

I have taken out a celphhone contract with autoupage about 3 years ago, I used the phone for about 1 week, when it was cut - I sent consultants numerous correspondence and phoned the call centre a number of times, only to find out that they actually gave me and another person the same number. After numerous corespondence on the matter they still deducted the monthly service fee from me, and when I cancelled the agreement they told me a could not do this, seeing that the term of the contract was 24mnths - but still I had no joy out of this contract seeing that I could not use this number (as it now belonged to a nother person, who actually admiteed to me when I phoned him on my number that he has been using this number for years already). Autpage has since listed me as I am refusing to pay any more money into an endless pit - I cancelled the conytract about a year ago and still they keep on sending me mail threatning to hand me over. I dont see how I can be expected to pay for a service I never received and I also want all the money taken from my bank account to be paid back to me and a letter to be sent to me appologizing for all the discomfort.

Celest van der westhuizen
    072 865 8168

• He
      Jan 19, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Patetiese diens
    Autopage Vredendal
    South Africa

Het al 3 desember 2017 opgradeer en die papiere is daai dag geteken en goedgekeur, maar steeds wag ek vir die selfoon!! Elke keer as ek gaan vra wanneer ek die foon kry, is daar n ander verskoning en word daar belowe die foon sal voor die einde van die week by my wees! Dis vandag 19 januarie 2017 en hier sit ek nogsteeds sonder die foon. Nooit ooit in my lewe doen ek weer besigheid met hulle nie. Dis verby pateties!!!

Feb 28, 2011

oday i awoke to my SIM card being inactive, i went to Vodacom to sort out my query and they directed me to the holder of my contract Altech Autopage. So i went through to my local branch where they all said they didnt know how to re-activate my sim. I then phoned the call centre where i spoke a lovely lady who put me through to JONOTHAN GOVENDOR, I found out that because my contract term came to an end they just delete my number, I asked him howcome nobody informed me and he simply replied that i should have smelt it, JONOTHAN GOVENDOR for a grown man your really mature and I hope that your superior CHRISTINA MANYAPE (who was also quite ***** and helped me with nothing) actually listens our recorded phone call and can hear how you and your attitude or lack thereof! deals with customers.

Simply pathetic service as always Altech Autopage!

• De
      Mar 07, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Defective product @ service
    D.E. MARè
    South Africa

My nokia x3 was upgraded what I received november 2017 from above mentioned company. It is a contract cellphone. For some reason the battery starts to go flat after 2 hours of charging.
    I sent the phone via altech autopage vredenburg for repairs - under warranty. Two weeks later I received the phone back. After charging it for almost 9 hours during the night, the next day it was the same problem. The battery is dead. I took the cellphone back to altech autopage and explain the problem to them. They sent the phone back again for repairs. After almost 3 weeks I was contacted to come and collect the phone. It is repared. I charged the phone again for about 8 hours and the same problem occured. A invoice with no 11357226 for the amount of r368-09 was handed to me. I refused to pay it for the phone was still not working. I sent it again for repairs - invoice no 11368054 for the amount of r368-09. What am I to do now? I still have no phone working, the battery still go flat in a days time even if I am not using it. Altech autopage says it is water damage but the phone was never near water from the day I received it. I am not going to pay for repairs that was not done and the phone is still under warranty. Can you please assist me in this matter for I don't know who else can help me.

• Xh
      Mar 15, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Cellphone contract
    South Africa

I have asked altech to come and collect the phone as I did not want it after seeing a cheaper contract, the phone is still in its original package. They told me I can not cancel a contract and I in turn told them that I never signed for any contract and neither have I have been a contract. They are refusing to come and collect and have advised that there is a third party that manages their contracts. My view is that I cannot now search for a company that never contacted me in the first place and according to their emails somebody was suppose to contact me to collect the devices and they are refusing. On desperation I contacted the third party / company digicall wh are put me from pillar to post meanwhile they have deducted an amount of about r450 from my account. I believe as a client I have a right to return a product if I am not 100% happy with it.

• Da
      Mar 25, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Everything
    South Africa

I'm getting very irritated with Autopage. I've never had an account with Autopage, but they keep on debiting my account for someone else. In Junuary 2017, I send them an affidavit of total charges of R664.19. They realize that my Bank account was used incorrectly, and then the funds was paid back after a period of time. This morning I saw that my account was debited again for the amount of R834.68. I spoke to Avish and faxed through paperwork again, and tried to phone him afterwards. They don't put me through to Avish, and I need to explain my story 5 times over to different people. This now put me in a bad light because my debit orders can't go through today now. I need this to be sorted out emmidiatly and the money to be paid back into my account today.
    Daleen

• Ro
      Jun 23, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Suspension without notification
    autopage.co.za

Altech Autopage has suspended my account 4 times over the past 3 weeks without giving me any notification of the suspension. I was mugged and my credit cards were stolen about 6 weeks ago. Apparently the debit order was linked to my credit card, and not the account, and so the account payment could not automatically be taken from the account. Upon first cancellation, I phoned Autopage, gave them the new credit card number once the problem was explained to me, and paid the account immediately. My service was reconnected within 1 day. For some reason the payment did not go through. However, I was unaware of this problem. 1 week later, my service was suspended again without any notification. I phoned Autopage and told them payment had been made, and they reconnected my phone immediately. I told them that I received no notification of the suspension, and they told me that messages had been sent. The following day, my account was suspended again. I phoned again, and told the complaints employee that the company needs to fix the problem of not sending me notifications. The employee stated that he would not do anything for me until payment was made. I have been with Autopage for about 12 years, and must admit that I have always been disappointed by the poor, poor service I have received from the Customer Care department. I went onto my bank account in order to e-mail the payment record again, and found that the payment had not been made. I immediately corrected the issue, and sent payment off. I then sent at least 5 e-mails to a variety of the customer services departments, and not one human reply was received. My account has been suspended again - one week later - without notification again, and now I am really disgusted by this absolutely useless company.

• Mr
      Jul 07, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Suspended line
    South Africa

My line has been suspended, and it is going now for 4days. I have spoken to a no of people there there name are: alaric fin no 0116505334 cell no 0822621153, jacky no 0116504253, and jonathan. I ask theme why my line is suspended and they say that my no is not rica at mtn. I have checked ont the mtn site and my no is rica, I even have checked on the altech side and my no is rica there too. So what is the holdup! I have spend a lot of money to phone them on this no 0861232424 wich should be a free no. Who is going to pay me that money back. I am tired of this. What should I do. Can I cancel my contrak with them for I do not want to deal with them any more. They have very poor service, and can never give me any answers. I will never deal with them again. I can't wait for my contrack to be over. As far as I go I will tell people no to join them for they are not any good. They are fast for disconnect your line if you just pay a little late, but poor to reconnect the line if you are up to date. Please I would like answers from them!

• Ro
      Jul 21, 2011

Oh Ja this is deffinitely a trend with Autopage. Same old, same old story...We on the other hand battles to resolve an account that went from an average of R400-R500 per month to R1400 + per month when upgrading to another phone. The reason given is that it is an android phone and it automaticaly updates programs and data trafficking can be stoppped by certain settings. The hitch is nobody knows how. Ha, ha, the laugh is on us!!! there is no mention of the moneys already paid or what will happen about the rest of the 18months contrac or how they will or could try to solve this problem. What are we to do where do one turn. Ronel Smith

Sep 07, 2011

actually it's not a comment but a complaint. I have upgraded my contract in July 2017, received it (blackberry curve 8520) with no sim card. I have reported to one of the agents that my sim card was lost and requested for another. I was promised that I will receive the sim card the next working day but never. I phoned Altech Autopage again reminding them and I was again told that I will get it in the week but still today I never received it. what is the use of insuring something that when lost you cannot get. I humbly request Altech Autopage to contact me at 042-2432328 during office hours. Thank you.

Sep 07, 2011

Your services are good because when buying an item it doesn't take long to be delivered, the only problem is when having a complaint they are taking too long to respond on a complaint

Sep 21, 2011
    Altech Autopage - Poor service, lack of communication - you name it
    South Africa

I really don’t know where to start with my bad service about altech auto page. I have a cell phone there for the past year and a few months. Didn’t have any problems until you starting to upgrade or getting a new contract. First I got a contract for the laptops & ndash; I had the laptop for 2 weeks and no one can help me to get it started. (I couldn’t get connected to the internet, which is actually to easiest to do) I phoned they’re & ldquo;technical service” 4 times no one and I mean no one could help me, they had no idea what was wrong. So I went into the altech shop in carnival mall they had no idea what was wrong and they locked a call for the & ldquo;technical service” to phone me. They phoned 2 weeks later. Eventually I got is sorted. So now I am a little edgy with them and asked it I can upgrade a month before the time (Because you can do it at any other service provider) my phone doesn’t work any more like all the touch screens do after a while. But no my upgrade time is 3 november doesn’t matter what. So please what ever you do, doesn’t matter how good it sounds you are going to have more problems with altech then other place. Do not even consider a contract with them.

• Br
      Nov 12, 2011

I have had a problem with Altech since we got the dam contract, every know and then my phone displays sim card registration failed!!! we have threatened to not renew contract, but against my better judgment i renewed anyway. just to have my phone diaplay sim card registration failed . WAT THE F.

• Wi
      Nov 21, 2011

More or less the same thing happened to me a year ago... I though the matter was resolved...after many faxes and telephone calls, but oh no! I have now been handed over to attorneys for a rediculously high outstanding amount!! I will ceratinly dissuade anyone I know from ever using Altech Autopage!

Feb 05, 2012
    Altech Autopage - Unsolicited calls
    South Africa

Telemarketers are calling me with "special offers" at any hours. This is an intrusion into my privacy, especially as they do not even have the courtesy to enquire whether the time is opportune. I did not authorise Altech Autopage to use my cellular number for commercial purposes and have repeatedly asked the telemarketers to refrain from calling me but this has no effect.
    Please instruct your marketers to refrain from calling me.

• Io
      Mar 19, 2012
    Altech Autopage - Bait marketing tactics
    Altech Autopage Cellular
    South Africa

On 13 March 2017 I signed an MTN contract with a Dell M5040 at the Menlyn Altech Autopage Cellular store. To my disappointment the store phoned me on Friday, 15th, to inform me that the Dell machine is not available anymore and that I have to choose either a HP or Lenovo machine with the same specifications.

Altech Autopage Cellular Menlyn Park Contact Information

Tel: (012) 348-7394
    Fax: (012) 368-1988
    Email: [protected]@autopage.biz
    Trading Hours: Mon - Thu 09h00 - 19h00; Fri 09h00 - 21h00; Sat 09h00 - 19h00; Sun & Public Holidays 09h00 - 19h00
    Address: Shop LG 13 Cavendish Square,
    Menlyn Park Shopping Centre,
    Lois Street,
    Menlyn,
    PO Box 74246,
    Lynwood Ridge,

I do not accept this offer and will not settle for a machine less than the Dell I signed up for. I informed the store today that they must source the Dell M5040 for me as soon as possible. After a while the sales consultant, Johannes, came back to me and informed me that he was not successful and he has to inform me that the Dell M5040 will no longer be available and is discontinued. Altech advertise this machine with either a Cell C or MTN contract from 01 March to 06 April. I do not understand how they can make such advertisements and offers and not have enough stock available or a proper agreement with the supplier.

Bait marketing Tactics as per the Consumer Protection Act
    30. (1) A supplier must not advertise any particular goods or services as being
    available at a specified price in a manner that may result in consumers being misled or
    deceived in any respect relating to the actual availability of those goods or services from
    that supplier, at that advertised price.
    (2) If a supplier advertises particular goods or services as being available at a
    specified price, and the advertisement expressly states a limitation in respect of the
    availability of those goods or services from that supplier at that price, the supplier must
    make those goods or services available at that price, to the extent of the expressed limits.
    (3) It is a defence to an alleged failure to comply with subsection (1) or (2) if—
    (a) the supplier offered to supply or procure another person to supply a consumer
    with the same or equivalent goods or services of the kind advertised within a
    reasonable time, in a reasonable quantity, and at the advertised price; and
    (b) the consumer—
    (i) unreasonably refused that offer; or
    (ii) accepted the offer, and the supplier has supplied or procured another
    person to supply the goods or services so offered and accepted.

Good day
    Please email us your contact details so we can get a consultant to help you resolve your query. Our email address is [protected]@redink.co.za

Good day
    We would like to help you regarding the above query. Please email us your contact details at [protected]@redink.co.za and we'll ensure that you get help asap.

Good morning Jan
    We understand your complain and would like to stop the calls to your cell phone. Kindly email us your cellphone number at [protected]@redink.co.za.

• Je
      May 14, 2012
    Altech Autopage - Incorrect billing - my sim card not even in use
    South Africa

I recieved my statement today I have never used this sim card but I am being billed for calls I never made, I decided to call the number assigned to me on the statement and to my surprise it is in use by some other person not willing to disclose their name I signed up for an amount of R179 and now Im paying R471 I am appauled, the callcenter agents at altech are incompetent and dont even know what they doing I regret ever taking a contract with these scam artists

Jul 23, 2012
    Altech Autopage - Not receiving my airtime
    altech autopage
    South Africa

Hi! My name is Marcia Oliver. Email: [protected]@gmail.com. I have paid my mobile services every month religiously! The problem started when autopage insisted of topping me up when in fact the had not. I went through numerous discussions with them and went to a few branches to see where my airtime is and they insisted they did! All lies!!! I blew a gasget when after all this running around brought me know where! My final call I made to their head-office in April 2017 was very emotional and frustrating! They took my money, never topped me upped and blocked my phone...what a damn nerve treating me like a dog! Now they want almost R9000 from me!!!can someone out there please me!!!

• La
      Jul 24, 2012

Hi Marcia,

• Se
      Aug 03, 2012

I totally agree ! Altech staff is absolutely USELESS !!!

• Se
      Aug 03, 2012
    Altech Autopage - Service suspended - altech did not debit me
    autopage.co.za

Contract ends in november 2017 - from the time I have signed this, altech fails to debit me every single month! My bank confirms funds in my account and no debit order request from altech. Altech then suspends my account for 24hrs because they ''forgot'' to debit me. Then when they finally debit me - I get double debited... Gets better... They cannot pick up that they have but the bank does... Takes 2 or 3 days for them to finally see the problem then reimburse you. Next month - same story. They have the most useless call center in this universe !!! They so called supervisors... Eg. Sharmaine dube (Are they being serious???) from my side altech autopage should close down. They have brainless staff and managers/supervisors who are an embarresment to this country. So I now I wait for them to debit me... Should take atleast 3 or 4 days for this to be sorted.

• Ka
      May 13, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Very bad service

Good morning,

I upgraded on the 10’th of april 2017 to an iphone 5 with the vip package. At the time I dealt with kia. I supplied the correct address information and was promised that I would receive my phone the next week. My current phone is in a really bad state and I need a new phone. The screen has cracked and the sound quality is very poor. After a week and no phone was delivered, I phoned and was told that it would be delivered on the friday. A week after that, still no phone and when I phoned I was
    Told a story about incorrect invoicing but that it has been sorted and that I would receive my phone shortly. It now has been 6 weeks. I still haven’t received my phone. I am told stories by chris and kia from the upgrade department to the last comment on friday afternoon by chris. & ldquo;i actually don’t know where your phone is”… on thursday when I tried talking to kia, she actually put the phone in the drawer.. I could hear her laughing in the background. They send me an sms with a reference number and the number of courierit and when I phoned them they told me that they don’t have such a reference number on their system. Both chris and kia told me that I can phone the couriers myself because they can’t help me..
    I have now also written an email to the consumer council, they informed me that I must also contact icasa re this and after reporting the incident in www.Hellopeter.com, I realised that I am not alone. There are quite a few people with the same complains? What am I supposed to do? The myaccount page show that I have been upgraded and from the 1’st of may I have been on a new plan for which I must pay, but have none of the benefits. It also reflects that my new upgrade date is in 2017!

Please can you sort this mess out? I always promoted autopage as one of the better companies but after this & ndash; I don’t know..

• Gn
      Jun 03, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Bad service and support
    Altech autopage
    South Africa

I have taken a data contract at altech auto page 3 months ago, the first month went smooth and then it all started in the 2nd month, i had to call in to activate my line, then they did not debit my account, then i laid a complain, Brian contacted me, promised to open my line at the end of may, which i did not use all of may because it was still not opened, then my account keeps accumulating and now is R600 which i don't have in one go to pay. They captured banking details correct but wrong bank. I am so sick of these guys and they are not willing to help you, all they say is that you signed the contract and now you must pay for it and you must watch how much you use even though i had told them to cap my line. How can this be real, for the amount of complains i've seen about altech and nobody can do anything. Its like a nightmare and a scam. Next thing they are going to hand me over because they do not want to rectify their mistake. Somebody help me. I just cannot deal with such a company that are so miserable.

• Od
      Jun 18, 2013

more or less the same thing happend to me in the begiinning of the year, and where the line disconnection is concerned, im sitting with that problem at the moment. and im taking the matter further. i cant see why all this is happening and no one goes further with it. i mean their are ways and means to do that. we as customers have rights. they are the worst com[pany ever. i expected better from them.

• Em
      Jul 24, 2013

I have been a client from Autopage for the past 20 years. Every 2nd year I do an upgrade on my phone. I have 2 phones on one contract. I have a business contract and a top up. Every month the account is paid in full. This year with the upgrade, the shop tells me there are NO deals they can give me. I think this is pathetic. I have to wait and see what specials will come up every month before they are even willing to help me. After being their client for so many years they are not even willing to make an effort. This is totally unacceptable. Can some one from the Head Office contact me regarding this or are you willing to loose good clients for poor service!!!

• Le
      Jul 31, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Unauthorised deductions
    private
    South Africa

I was subscribed to a site without my permission and immediately sent Alltech a message instructing them to ensure that no charges were to be allowed off my account. They acknowledged receipt of my message and said they would attend to it. I have since had that subscription deducted from my account. Alltech Autopage do not care about their customers. My contract is up in two months and I will not be renewing it. They are happy to sign you up and take your money but not to take responsibility for the security of our accounts.

• Le
      Aug 27, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Uprade
    South Africa

hi, i have been with with Altech Autopage for 24 months now without problems until my recent upgrade . i went in to their website and saw a nice laptop, a Lenovo G580 with an intel core i 3 2328m processor and 500 gig hd, 4 gig memory + windows 8, . i waited for 3 to 4 weeks after they told me that i would get it after 24 hrs, suddenly the courier van shows up with a DELL INSPIRON CELERON with a 1, 6 ghz processor, a fixed graphics card, 320 hdd . i called and they told me that they dont know of such delivery and they will find out what heppened, its been a day now without a reply from them .

• A0
      Sep 13, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Over charged
    AUTOPAGE
    South Africa

My contract is to expire next month (October 2017) and for the past two months (including this month even though the month is not over) I have been over charged without no explanation what so ever. Im billed as if I have a business contract.
    I have enquired but no assistance at all. I have viewed my call log and came across something that didn’t make sense, I dialled the same number twice on the same day and just a matter of 30 min difference to the next time I dialled that number and the first call was cheaper even though a longer duration and the next one was higher even thought it was a low duration. I get R350 free airtime and to them, that is finished within a week. This clearly does not make sense, for the past 22 months I had no problem of this sort and now that my contract is over im getting billed so much.
    Prior to this I had another problem where the consumer (autopage) has made changes towards there services and cut my services down, even though I had signed a contract with certain terms and then when I queried this they told me I must read the papers and was told it will be sorted out and was not. This is a cheap and poor way of stealing customers money over a period of time. No correspondence was mail, no phone call, no email nothing. Customers like us is loured into this not knowing that we are being cheated.

• De
      Sep 20, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Bad service
    South Africa

i am due for an upgrade so i go along to Melrose Arch branch only to be told that i have to pay either R5500 or R1500 for a new phone. i asked the lady which phone is free on my contract and she said none. i have never ever had to pay for a new phone on an upgrade. i have unfortunately been with Altech Autopage (previous Supercall Cellular) for the past 25 years). i then phoned the upgrade centre and told them i wanted to cancel my contact only to be persuaded that no they dont want to lose any customers, renew my contract and i can get the new Blackberry 9720 - great well thats what i do after many assurances that they do not treat customers this way. they will also courier the phone to me which would be either Wednesday or Thursday (i renewed my contract on the Tuesday). it is now Friday and they tell me the phone is on back order and can only be delivered on Monday or next Wednesday. OH PLEASSSE why did i not listen to my gut instinct and go with Vodacom. i shall now be telling all my friends not to do business with this disgusting company and in fact perhaps should have a chat to Carte Blanche

• Gj
      Jun 12, 2014

Autopage has been billing me for a long time for a wrong mobile number!!! Recently I accidentally saw that I am billed for 0828723372 and that is not my number!! even am billed for a black berry service and I am using a I phone!

• Am
      Jul 10, 2014
    Altech Autopage - Pathetic service and billing
    South Africa

Good Day. I'm furious with the bad service that we get from service providers. There is absolute no customer service. The people in the call centres is so un educated they cant even help you. Me, my husband and my father is al three cancelling with Altech Autopage at the end of our contracts in 3 months. We are fed up with this service. We will support a other cell phone provider. Altech Autopage is the worst place ever and I'm with them for over the 10 years but I had enough now. So good luck in going ahead with your poor service. My bills is incorrect every month. I pay for a data bundle and they still show me and I'm not over my data bundle. You're company is stealing from people. Very very unhappy client.

• Ca
      Aug 29, 2014
    Altech Autopage - Over charged and not refunding
    Durban
    Phone: 0606885505

Last month I did not receive my data from Altech Autopage in gateway. I contacted them and the gave me the data. I recently received my phone bill for the month. It was double than wat I usually pay. I have a samsung s4, I pay around R430 a month. The Bill came back at R800. So I contacted them and they say that I over used my data, I get about 250MB a month and I pay for an additional 500MB. I only use Whatsapp and BBM. I was stunned as to how the bill got that high. I told the lady that it is impossible and I cannot pay this bill as I know I am being over charged, she told me to just moderate my data and that was that. I am very upset as the money will be debited of my account this month. What can I do? I need advice on how to take this people to task. If you can help me, please email me.. my email address is caleb.[protected]@gmail.com, this will be much appreciated.
    Caleb Naidoo

• Au
      Oct 01, 2014
    Altech Autopage - Billing without sim in device
    Hout Bay
    Cape Town
    South Africa

I signed up a 24 month contract with Altech Auto page, Blue Route on 6 December 2017 for R179 Voda Data 500MB Special. This to my knowledge and understanding by the Consultant, Ismail was what I signed for. I insisted that I was looking for an affordable payment option as my previous I Pad was stolen and that I was still liable for those costs over and above this new contract. So, with my normal cell which is R235.50 per month, the stolen I Pad, R349.00 per month and newly signed contract of R179.00 per month, this budget of R763.50 suited me fine. My first shock on 7 February 2017 arrives for bill of R830.39 in which case I immediately disputed considering Ismail ensured that all precautionary measures on the device were setup to ensure that limits were not exceeded and that I received notification. Since the loss of the R349.00 I Pad device which has a 3GIG of data a month, I could use the SIM in the new device as not to incur unnecessary additional costs. It is now October 2017, 9 months into my frustrating venture of trying in vain with Altech to resolve my account which I diligently logged calls for, visited the Branches at least twice a month, emailed and not once received an explanation of what could
    have occurred. No solutions offered, just more shocking bills month on month. I have subsequently removed the SIM from the new device since March 2017 which Altech refuse to keep in safe custody in order for me to prove that I do not use it .So without the SIM in the device how then can my billing for data usage in February be R250.38, March R1278.95, April R556.02, June 2245.32, July R458.65, August R678.90 and September R435.19. Total = R5903.41 for services not rendered nor used without explanation. I have subsequently unpaid two debit orders of R992.37 and R1246.35 as Altech cannot provide me with solutions. They have disconnected SIM 0826080386 and 0845082977 since August to date and I'm still being invoiced for non-usage. I've requested detailed billing invoices for period May-September and non-one has the answers. The Consultants that have diligently logged the call have also given up.

• Gr
      Nov 03, 2014
    Altech Autopage - Ridiculous bill
    altech autopage
    durban
    South Africa

I have had contracts with altech autopage for years. Earlier this year I received a bill from them for over r7000. They turned off my cellphone until the amount was paid, this damaged my business greatly as all of my advertising contains my vodacom cellphone number and prospective clients could not get hold of me. I reluctantly paid the large amount, not wanting to get into a court battle with a company of that size. This month I received another r7, 366.02 bill. When I queried it, altech autopage could not tell me why I was billed so much but only that it was from the last overpriced amount and that they had missed the data usage from five months ago and where charging me for it now in october. That means my bill for may 2017 was over r14000. That is sufficiently higher than what I normally pay and they won't tell me why. I got a printout of my itimised billing and it gives me an amount of r2, 992.55 and on the itimised breakdown it says my total data costs are r7, 366.02 that is after the last r7000 I paid earlier this year. I am tired of being messed around by this company and them switching off my cellphone until I pay the full amount. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Nov 28, 2014

I upgraded my phone in September 2017. the first week in October, my phone turns itself off, and refused to turn back on. I then phoned Autopage to have my phone collected and repaired ???????????????, and after a months worth of fighting, I eventually get the phone collected from me on the 4/11/2017. When I phoned in on the 27/11/2017, I was told that my phone was not collected, but they will escalate it, and query as to where the phone is.
    Phoned in on the 28th, with no joy of anyone being able to tell me what they are going to do about the MISSING PHONE!!!
    I have never in my life had such bad customer service. I need answers, and very quick.
    my next step will be the consumer council.

• Tu
      Dec 17, 2014
    Altech Autopage - New line takes 2 months
    Pretoria

Good day.

Our company has over 35 lines on the company account with Autopage.
    About 2 months ago we requested for a new line...needless to say were still waiting.It is an absolute hassle to get anything out of them they do not value their customers at all.Between the sales consultants and the headoffice absolutely nothing is getting done.The one tells you to call the other.We are going to take our account elsewhere and i would like to advise anyone and EVERYONE AGAINST opening an account with them.They never have stock of anything you need they must always send everything toheadoffice, which means another 2 months of waiting.Their systems are always slow and nothing ever works.

I will NEVER again do business with them as they have no sense of customer care.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.