Ally Bank / duplicate withdrawal - unauthorized

Fort Washington, PA, United States Review updated:

Ally bank took TWO wire transfer withdrawals (a duplicate) from my Credit Union, when I only approved one. To make matters worse, this caused an OVERDRAFT and overdraft fee by my CU. And now it just so happens to be month end, when all automatic bill pay will be also debiting my account.

It is VERY unsettling that as of this time NEITHER of the transfers are showing up the ALLY site. So I guess I am just expected to TRUST they will be there on Monday, which will make for a very unsettled weekend. According to customer service it takes 3 days to show up. Having DOUBLE my money in limbo is creating much stress for me. On my ALLY accounts I only show the one *Pending* transfer. If I had initiated TWO, would there not be TWO pending transfers?

Also according to customer service it takes FIVE days to send the money back. FIVE WORKING days. That is totally unacceptable when it was their mistake, and as we all know wire transfer can be done in one DAY.

I opened this CD to test how ALLY would do and I guess I don’t have to tell you that ALLY FAILED is the outcome of that test. I had planned on making a much larger deposit, but now I am very thankful I did not, or I would be financially bankrupt when my monthly bills are due. When I think of the consequences of that I get very upset.

Ve

Comments

• Br
      Apr 16, 2012

They closed my CD account with nearly $100, 000.00 and sent me an email afterwards. While I "believe it was my thief wife, I still don't know because ALLY wasn't interested.