Allied Barton / rejection of civil liberties

CA, United States Review updated:
I got fired at a job site in Oxnard, CA for following orders passed on to me by my co-worker from my Account Manager. We were told by the account manager that we are supposed to watch over "The Bolt, " wait for the employees to leave at 6PM (Holiday hours) and escort the manager to her car if possible, because she takes the money with her when she leaves the store. I did exactly that, and I was fired for it. Can you believe that? Security was my 2nd job when I got out of the Army in 2007. I quit my other job, because I had to take care of my aunt who had breast cancer. I have 0 tolerance for this kind of behavior. It happened Saturday and my account mngr. called me today (Monday) & said that i couldn't work at that site anymore. I was also told that I couldn't go to their premises, not even as a customer. My co-worker at a site called Jafra was fired from the site for protecting himself from getting stabbed by 3 people trying to steal cars in the parking lot. My co-worker got beat up, almost stabbed, and fired at Jafra without question.

Comments

Ab
  30th of Mar, 2009
There def has to be more to this story. There are labor laws that protect you from this type of firing. What else happened? Did you do anything before or after this happened? What is the whole story here? I find it hard to believe that both you and your friend were fired for following orders. I currently supervise and it is very easy to do so. If you do not perform your job duties correctly then you have something to worry about. Other then that you just show up do your job and keep everything tidy. What is the whole story here?

Allied Universal / Aus.com Logo Allied Universal / Aus.com