Alabama power / bad service
I live in Alabama and my power bill has doubled since this time last year. I have not been running my heating and cooling system either. I called Alabama power and of course I got a range of excuses. My kwh has increased but I am doing nothing different. I have new appliances and there is only 2 people living in the house. I didn't notice my bill increasing so much till a house was built next to mine. I know that Alabama power has increased there rates but the increase is well above what the increase is suppose to be.
I am disabled and live on a fixed income. My power bill is not far from reaching what my house payment is and I don't have the money. I have no choice but to turn everything off. I run one space heater now and have turned all the lights off. I was just running 3 space heaters before now. I can understanding it increasing with there price increase but doubling is not right.
Jamesguy999's Response, Sep 30, 2018
A power line was replaced and they just left the old pole with all of the wiring in the yard (huge liability). When I called and a technician came out (not friendly) he said that they must've forgotten it. It's been 4 days. I see parts of the trees that are burned in the back. I'm calling a lawyer.
More Alabama power Complaints & Reviews
- Alabama power - collection procedures
- Alabama power - being direspected in front of everyone
- Alabama power - bill is strangely high but no help from reps. 
- Alabama power - deceased moms bill 
- [Resolved] Alabama power - budget billing
- Alabama power - power surge
- Alabama Power CO - no service my mother gonna freeze to death
- Alabama power - power bill sent into collections not even after a week being due
- Alabama power - power off again!!! horrible service!!!
- Alabama power - street light removed