AKAI / Television not working within guarantee period

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir,

I have purchased one color television of following specification
Dealer: KCOP Distributors, Pankha Road New Delhi - 45
Date of Purchase: 20.08.2007

I have faced the following problems in the system on 12/11/2008
Red Spot on the screen
LED is not working.

I lodge the complaint in Akai Service centre and the service executive visit after 15 days after lodging the complaint and examine the system. the result declared by service executive was:

Picture Tube is faulty. It will be replaced within 12 Days. (After this No response from Akai side.)

Again i am facing no picture problem in the television from 12.04.08. I lodge the complaint on same date. no executive visit to check the television.
Again - again i am calling the customer care but no person is visiting.
On 25th i told the customer care executive to generate the complaint no. he deny the same.
After a long session on telephone, he given me complaint no (Complaint No: 400aa08d251480).

Still no person visited to examin the system till date & time.

I have spend approximate rs. 500 to call the customer care.

Please help me.

Make: Akai
    SL No:341007040000780
    Cost: Rs. 5490
    Date of Purchase: 03.01.2008

I have faced the following problems in the system on 05/01/2008.

I lodge the complaint in Akai Service centre and the service executive visit after 05 days after lodging the complaint and examine the system.
    Again i am facing problem in the DVD. I lodge the complaint on same date. no executive visit to check the DVD.
    Again - again i am calling the customer care but no person is visiting.
    I told the customer care executive to generate the complaint no. he deny the same.
    After a long session on telephone, he given me complaint no (Complaint No: 400AE08E15443).

• Ps

Dr. P. Sambasiva Rao
    Professor and Head
    October 6, 2008

To:
    Akai Consumer Electronics India Ltd.
    Shivashish Ground Floor, Behind Lathia Rubber Factory,
    Andheri Kurla Road, Saki Naka,
    Mumbai – 400 072.
    FAX: 022-28514059

Dear Sirs:

I am writing this letter to you after not getting proper response from your Chennai Office (Phone. 39404040). I wrote a letter about two months back to your Chennai office, for which no reply has come. After waiting for nearly two months, I gave a complaint in your Chennai office (Complaint No. 8I00889010001), for which no proper reply was provided, even after repeated telephone calls. They do not have the basic courteously of saying hello after lifting the phone. They lift the phone and I can hear their voices but not to me. When I talked with Mahesh (Chennai office), he told me that he will come back to me within a day or two. But it never happened. Before going further, I would like to inform you about my problem.

I purchased a 29SD AKAI color Television in 13th April 2004 from your dealer (Associated Indo-Vietnam Agencies) in Pondicherry. During the purchase, he has informed that the Picture Tube has a seven warranty. When I asked him to put it on the warranty card itself, he told me that it was not necessary and informed that any TVs purchased during that period will automatically cover the warranty, after showing the purchase bill. Then, we thought that it was a normal procedure with AKAI products and hence, did not insist further with a hope that I may not need warranty because of AKAI company and its repute in world market. Along with the big TV, I also received a 14” TV as free. Around 6 to 8 months back, when we noticed a problem in the 29SD TV (the picture has become smaller), we called the local authorized repair person for repair. He repaired it and charged close to Rs. 1, 000/-. However, to our surprise, the same problem has occurred. The same person came to our house, repaired and again charged close to Rs. 1, 000/-. But most unfortunately, the same problem has come one more time on the next day itself. He has come to our house, repaired and again charged Rs. 1, 000/-. Due to our bad luck, the same evening the same problem has come. When we called him to repair, we asked him in strong words to explain what he has done in the previous three times. Now, he told that the picture tube has gone and it has to be replaced. We were under the impression that in the three previous occasions also, the picture tube might have become weak but repaired temporally and he has cheated us in the three previous occasions. Then, we showed him the warranty card, he told us to contact the local dealer, who has sold the TV. When we explained to him about the warranty, he told he will go to his office, enquire and come back to us. No message for 15 days or so. When we contacted the in-charge in Pondicherry, he has given an address and phone number in Chennai. When we contacted him (I forgot his name), he asked me to write a letter to him with facts. Accordingly, we wrote a letter and waiting for his response. Nearly two months have gone and no reply.

When we checked AKAI on internet, we got the Chennai phone number (044-39404040). When we contacted him and explained the situation, they took the complaint (8I00889010001) and told me that they will come back to me in a day or two. As usual, no reply for a week or so. Again when I contacted the Chennai office, I asked the operator to give connection to some higher officials, so that I can explain the situation. I think, she has connected me to Mr, Mahesh (I am not too sure about the name). He told the local repair person will come to your home for repair. Again the same guy who charged three times has come and asked for Xerox copy of the warranty card and bill. As they were not readily available, my wife told him to come tomorrow to pick up those. He told my wife to bring the Xerox copies to the office. When my son went to their office, he refused to accept it. Then, when I called your Chennai office to inform this, Mr. Ahmed told me over the phone on September 19, 2008 that the person will come on Saturday (20/09/08) or Monday (22/09/08). However, it did not happen as usual. Then, when I called your office on today (23/09/08), the operator coolly told the old complaint was withdrawn as we have not provided the warranty card and booked a new complaint (8I0080809230004). When I asked him to connect me to Mr. Ahmed, he refused and told that he will contact me. I am sure that it will not happen.

I am working as Professor and Head, Department of Chemistry, Pondicherry University (A Central University), Pondicherry. I am really disgusted the way AKAI people operate in India. I was in USA and Canada and enjoyed AKAI products. However, it was highly disappointed and frustrated with your people in India. Actually, the local service person will come and repair if they get money. Otherwise, they are not bothered to answer the calls. I had a bad experience with my AKAI DVD also. They told me that it was ready and asked me to come to their shop to pick it up. When I went there in heavy rain, they asked me to stay one more hour to receive the set. When I went next day, they charged me more than informed over the phone. I refused to pay the extra amount, which they accepted. I got surprised. It indicates that the extra charges are not genuine. I am doubtful about their genuine AKAI parts also. This kind of people will spoil the name of AKAI. Please consider this and take necessary action before it becomes beyond your control also.

Now, I need a clarification from you.

1. The statement of local dealer that the picture tube warranty of AKAI is for SEVEN years is true or not. Also, his statement that it will not be included in the normal warranty card but purchase bill is sufficient to get the warranty is true or not.
    2. Did really AKAI advertise about Seven year Warranty on Picture tube? If not, is it the game played by the local dealer to sell more sets?

An early and prompt reply is highly appreciated. I am enclosing the Xerox copy of my purchase bill and warranty card (for one year). If the dealer is correct, please order your service people to rectify the problem as soon as possible, after seeing the cash bill.

Thanking you

Yours truly,

(P. Sambasiva Rao)

• Ob
      21st of Nov, 2008
    AKAI - TV and Customer spt problems
    AKAI and SAMS
    Alabama

Akai LCT42Z6TM 1080 HD TV. Horizontal white lines and squares forming in the picture. Turn off the set and turn it on again and it might work.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS or ANY OTHER AKAI TV

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    AKAI - A tv should last longer than 8 months
    Akai
    Alabama

I bought an Akai 32 inch LCD tv from WalMart (model #: LCT3201AD). 8 months after purchase the screen was scrambled every time I turned the set on. I didn't do anything to the TV. I hung it on the wall the week I got it, and then one day it just went crazy.

When I contacted Akai customer service to get the device fixed, they never responded. I'll never buy anything from Akai again.

• Rg
      29th of Aug, 2009

To:
    Akai Consumer Electronics India Ltd.
    Shivashish Ground Floor, Behind Lathia Rubber Factory,
    Andheri Kurla Road, Saki Naka,
    Mumbai – 400 072.
    FAX: 022-28514059

Dear Sirs:

I am writing this letter to you after not getting proper response from your Ahmedaba Office 9377776950 / 9328379574 (Phone. 39404040). I wrote a letter about One month back to your A'bad office, for which no reply has come. After waiting for nearly, I gave a complaint in your A'bad office (Complaint No. AHM-1008090117 ), for which no proper reply was provided, even after repeated telephone calls. They do not have the basic courteously to contact us by phone. When I talked with S.B. Patel & Mr. Hardik (A;bad office), They told me that he will come back to me within a day or two. But it never happened. Before going further, I would like to inform you about my problem.

I purchased a 29SD AKAI Model No. 2930 color Television in 26th July 2007 from your dealer (Grace Electronics ) in ahmedabad. During the purchase, he has informed that the Tv warranty is Seven Years. I have a warranty Card of SEVEN Years with us.

I am really disgusted the way AKAI people operate in India. I am enjoying somany product with AKAI. However, it was highly disappointed and frustrated with your people in India. Actually, the local service person will come and repair if they get money. Otherwise, they are not bothered to answer the calls. I had a bad experience for the same. They told me that it was ready and asked me to come to their shop to pick it up. When I went there in heavy rain, they asked me to stay one more hour to receive the set. When I went next day, they charged me more than informed over the phone. I refused to pay the extra amount, which they accepted. I got surprised. It indicates that the extra charges are not genuine. I am doubtful about their genuine AKAI parts also. This kind of people will spoil the name of AKAI. Please consider this and take necessary action before it becomes beyond your control also.

Thanking you

Yours truly,

(R.G.Jhala )
    (M) 93750 - 85303

• Si
      21st of Jan, 2010
    AKAI - Should not be in business
    akai.com

I purchased an Akai 42" 1080p from Tiger Direct, and it arrived in April 2008. In July 2008, the power stopped working. I called Tiger Direct, they referred me to Akai, who asked I fax all of my point of sale paperwork, so that they could set up service as the tv was 3 months old and still under warranty. The service center they were contracted to was BK Electronics who claimed there were "scratches" and "marks" on the tv. After a heated discussion, my receipt was ammended to state the correct information "No Damages". In August I called, I was told the part was being ordered. In September I called, I was told the part was being ordered from Japan so it took some time. In November, I got my first call from BK, they told me the part could not be ordered, that they needed the remote and power cord to send back to the manafacturer. I also got a call from Akai, they told me that they could replace the tv with a "comparable" set. I was sent an email with the choices, and immediately asked for my money back. I was told that the company was not allowed to return anything more than "fair market value". Which basically means, I overpaid $200.00 for my tv. The parts were brought to BK, who has since gone out of business, and Akia no longer has a public contact number. I sent an email to their website to inquire about my refund the last week of November, and have not received a response. I also sent an email to the lady who offered me 3 other tv choices, and have not received a response. Their behavior, customer service, work ethic, and quality of their product is shameful. They take your your money for a bad product, and won't give it back, if it were the other way around, and I had their tv without paying for it, I would be in jail. If you want to buy a tv, buy a Sony or Panasonic, any name you know. Akai should NOT be in business, what they are doing is stealing. It's illegal!

25th of Jan, 2010
    AKAI - The worst company I have ever had to deal with!
    akai.com

The WORST company I have ever had to deal with! I purchased an Akai TV with built-in DVD, last November 2007, the DVD part quit working in August. Akai had an authorized repair center call me to say that he refused to service my TV! It Took Akai another month or so to find another repair company. They said that they couldn't fix it because the part was no longer manufactured. Akai wanted all of the information from the repair center, there went another couple of weeks, then said that they never got the info. I once again called the repair guy, he re-faxed the info. Now when I try to reach Akai, they put you in Queue for 30 minutes, when you get to the "next call in line" an automated message comes on saying that there is no one to take my call- Goodbye!

• Go
      2nd of Mar, 2010
    AKAI - TV service does not exist for this brand
    akai.com

TV service does not exist for this brand, TV repair places just laugh when you mention the word Akai to them.

The customer support from Akai is as bad the non working 3000 dollar tv i now have. Thinking about using it to sight in my 338 mag rifle.

• Va
      31st of Mar, 2010
    AKAI - TV NOT WORKING PROPERLY(POOR SERVICE)
    India

I have a Akai tv that does not work properly as the picture is dark & the brightness & contrast does not affect the picture quality even if it is turned to maximum.apart from that the service perdonnel do not turnup even after making a complaint in the service centre.this is really pathetic.

• In
      5th of Jan, 2011

TRY GOT THE GOOD FAITH DEPOSIT

NO SERVICE 2X WEEK

• Ro
      16th of Jul, 2011
    AKAI - Laser is broken
    AKAI

Hello, I need Support for my broken CD Tape Radio Recorder with guarantee to Dezember 2010 in Germany. Please give me an adress to send it. Can I send without paying or do you give me the

money back to my Bank account?

Ps.: Seems, the Laser ist broken. Can not read CDs.