Airwick Plugins Air Freshner / Ruined table

1 71 Rock Ridge CtDanville, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 025-552-7896

I unplugged the airwick and set it on my wooden table. The airwick leaked
and spilled on my table. It took off all the finish on the table. My table is completly ruined. I will take photos iff you would like. Thank you.

Comments

• Pr
      27th of Apr, 2009

Kathy,

I had the same thing happen to me not too long ago. I was angry at first but I realized it wasnt air wick who was to blame but the carrier, i.e. Meijer. You might be a different case, but in mine they just put the broken one back in the box to sell.

I wish you luck and I am sorry to hear about what happened.

11th of Oct, 2009

I have had the same thing happen to me on my brand NEW $1500 table and not to mention my new $350 dresser. I am completely pissed off! There is nothing warning you on the label about leaking or eating through the finish on your furniture. I believe that airwick is fully responsible! They could give the consumer a heads up on the product! I also believe they should have to PAY for a new finish as well as place a WARNING on the label!

7th of Jun, 2010

I am very upset. No warning you on the label about leaking or eating through the finish on your furniture. I believe that airwick is fully responsible! They could give the consumer a heads up on the product! I also believe they should have to PAY for a new finish as well as place a WARNING on the label! too! My desk is only 12 weeks old and take a payed Carpenter 6 hours to put together. I am sick over this!!!

• Mz
      7th of Dec, 2010

Mine leaked all over my wall and bubbled up all the paint and ate into the wallboard. There should be a WARNING about this!

• Ai
      11th of Jul, 2011

Air Wick...plugged in 3 Apple Cinnamon (Red).
    1) By Kitchen sink
    2) Entry way into my Condo
    3) hallway to bathroom
    Saturday woke up to stains at #2 & #3 on beige carpet. I have tried everything to remove stains. These pictures are taken today after 3 days of trying to remove stains with everything from magic sponges to the best carpet spot removers.
    4) held phone for an hour to Airwick and when I finally got guy on phone, he was so sarcastic, I hung up phone. I have over $8, 000. of damage to carpeting.

• St
      8th of Nov, 2012

This just happened to me. I bought a box and it was damaged at the store one of my kids set it on our 1yr old nice wood table and it has a huge sticky and soft spot. Is there anyway to save the table?

4th of Mar, 2014

hi am so annoyed today my car freshner has leaked on my dash board and stripped the paint off, near the radio, omg why didant this say on label would never have bought it, going to take this furthur if no action taken, will send a picture if nessasary

• Ck
      25th of Sep, 2014

I just completely renovated my bathroom and added an expensive mirror over the vanity. I plugged in an Airwick because I wanted it to be a nice final touch, after a few days of the Airwick and months of work to renovate the entire bathroom, the mirror is ruined. The Airwick removed oil from the mirror and now the dark brown from the mirror has a large gray spot where you can see the primer since the oil removed the finish. I'm so upset, if anyone knows of how to move forward about this, let me know.

• Me
      4th of Nov, 2014

They will do nothing. $1500 table 4 months old and ruined. I will never buy airwick again. They said there is a warning on the label.

• Rl
      21st of Sep, 2017

@Melinda76 I'm dealing with health issues. Contact Consumer Protection and report your problem. If Airwick tries to call you, tell them you want all communication in written form through the US Postal Service. The company doing business as Airwick is as follows:

Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
    399 Interpace Parkway
    Parsippany, NJ 07054

Write them "In accord with the Freedom of Information Act and under the New Jersey Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq." requesting the Safety Data Sheet for the oil and the wick so you have a record of the chemicals that is in this bad product. I am not attorney and not trying to advise you or anything, this is something I have done. Hopefully I will get the documentation for the fragrance that gave me problems. Just make sure you put the full name of the product and the scent that did the damage.

Good luck to you and anyone else that reads this response

• Ne
      17th of Nov, 2014

I am a nanny and the same thing happened to me at my bosses house... I had no idea this would happen. They should definitely have something on the label. I hope my bosses are not too mad. I am very disappointed in the company for not saying anything...

• My
      18th of Jan, 2015

I switched to Air Wick Plug-in for my newly reno'ed powder room because I had the paint stripped from the wall and baseboard in my home office from using the Fabreze version.
    The first bottle worked great! I inserted the second bottle the other day. The oil is dripping onto my brand new cork floor. The cork is discolored, soft and tacky. It's not drying!
    From the above comments I assume the manufacturer doesn't care.
    I'm going to tell everyone NOT to buy these products. I hope you will too!

• Cb
      19th of Jun, 2015

I also have the same issue with these Air Wick Plug-in's leaking their toxic oil all over the floor under the outlet that they are plugged into. It took the finish off of my floors in each spot in the house that I had them plugged in! Seems like a consumer protection lawsuit should be filled on this one as the repair costs for all of the damage everyone is mentioning is considerably high. It isn't easy to refinish your floors or furniture. Not to mention it is very hazardous to small children crawling on the floor if they get into it!

Why does this product have this defect. Why hasn't Air Wick addressed it publicly and what can they do to make it right?

• Tr
      24th of Jun, 2015

Purchased mine at WalMart last week. Leaked all over bathroom counter and ruined the finish on a beautiful vase in front of it. Was the Apple Cinnamon scent. The plug-in has an
    open hole in the bottom allowing the fluid to just leak out. Anyone try a different brand with better results?

26th of Jul, 2015

I used Glade plug-ins under my newly refaced cabinets ($10, 000) worth of renovation. Upon replacing with a new plug-ins, I happened to look under the cabinets and noticed light brown round spot with yellowing surrounding the spot. It looked like the plug-ins got too hot and started to burn the finish of the under cabinet. I also noticed that the oil had evaporated after just 10 days leading me to believe that it burned out quickly because of the heat. I am very upset and mentioned it to my girlfriend and she had the same experience under her wood kitchen cabinets. I went to her house to check her damage and the wood under her cabinets had a grayish hue and was soft to the touch. She had damage in 3 areas while I had damage to 2. These oil plug-ins are dangerous and ruin everything that comes into contact with them. Has anybody had their issues resolved with the maker of these items and how does one get a resolution to this horrible problem?

• Sc
      14th of Nov, 2015

Wish I had read these complaints before buying and plug-in the Airwick plug-in. In less than 6 hours I noticed it leaking down the wall. Cleaned it up right away only to find that it has eaten right through the paint. I bought one of the plug-ins in stead of something else due to all ready have a cat get into poporri and burning the inside of his mouth and throat, he almost died from it. Thought this kind woul be ok since it was all contained in its own container. How wrong was I.
    DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! !!! WARNING!!! WARNING! !!!

• Tu
      2nd of Feb, 2016

plugin leaked on bathroom sink. MELTED my hairbrush. the odor sickended us and our dogs. condiering legal action.

• Ca
      7th of Jun, 2017

@tull Hey Sheree, I have had the same problems with the Airsick product. I think we should take legal action. Who knows what the long term health problems could be. Hill881@yahoo.co.

8th of Apr, 2016

I can't believe that everybody has the same complaint I have I hope they know they have a problem here I should have seen this right when there was so many coupons coming in the mail for it probably cuz they can't sell it due to all the mishaps and complaints this completely ruined my $1, 600 brand new dinner table I only put it down for a minute it leaked everywhere there wasn't even a crack in the plug-in it just completely leaked out and ruined the finish on my table I hope they can do something about this if not I will sue

8th of Apr, 2016

Look what's a Air Wick plug-in did to my table it leaked everywhere into the finish right off

• Kr
      5th of Jun, 2016

I clean houses for a living. I unplugged a client's air wick and set it on the shelf so I could plug the vacuum in. I forgot to plug it back in and left it on the shelf. Next day we got a picture sent to us of a huge stain that ate through the wood!! now I have to pay for it!!!

• Tc
      23rd of Jun, 2016

Add me to the list of people pissed off about the Air Wick leaking and taking the finish off of furniture. It ate right through my dining room table. And how appropos that it made the shape of a p**** because I feel screwed right now.

• Ha
      21st of Dec, 2017

@TC710 Omg I have the same problem, I don't know what to do and I can't think of any solutions.