Airtel Mca Facility / cancellation of mca facility

1 India Review updated:
Phone: 9845411607

I possess a prepaid connection taken on my mother's name. I have been using it for the past two year. I had subscribed for hello tunes and picture messages. About three months ago I had unsubscribed for picture messages. Then about 25 days back i started getting the picture messages again.

I tired contacting 121 their customer care number but no response as it is automated and takes too much of time. I called a post paid customer care executive who was not helpful either and only told me to get back to 121. On the third inquiry with the post paid customer care executive i was given a number [protected] which no one was picking up. After searching on the internet. I got a toll free number 600 600 for problems related to recharge of prepaid an amount of six bucks was deducted from my prepaid account. I then searched for the email id which was 121@airtelindia.com.

I sent them a mail with my grievance and asked them to return my cash which was deducted from my prepaid amount as well return the other amount for prepaid messages as I had unsubscribed for the picture messages and without my assent they had started sending it again. The amount available on my card is over. But the irony is that i do not receive any picture messages and am having a negative balance -16.73 which keeps increasing by 1 daily.

So much for automated systems and so much for customer care. I guess if i recharge i will lose the entire amount only on the negative balance which I do not understand for what it is being deducted.

Beware people!

Comments

• Ha
      25th of Sep, 2006

I have brought a airtel connection my no. is 9954700721 but since 10 days have past but my sim is not activated up till now since i have given all documents and proof.

• Ab
      30th of Sep, 2006

I have take a post connection 9935187100 on the 28/08/2006. My bill payment date is 27/09/2006. We did not received the bill till now. As per message given by you the amount is Rs. 925/- which is wrong. I have to confirm and complaint at your 121 no. for this wrong billing. I have visit airtel office at Rani Laxmi Bai marg, wait for 4 to 6 hour two days dated 28/09/2006 and 26/09/2006 and take a duplicate bill. After seeing the bill detail i wanted some confirmation on some point. But nobody get a clear response.

• Sh
      3rd of Oct, 2006

How can i get airtel office settings

• Ni
      29th of Nov, 2006

I am Nitin Malik. Resident of Lajpat nagar New Delhi. Using Airtel Broadband and Telephone services. I am Fed up with Airtel as on one hand they receive Partial payments from the customers and on other hand they disconnect the services without even informing the customers. This has happened to me twice and I have experienced very bad customer service as well whenever I give a call to customer care number.

I have planned finally to quit Airtel and would never get back to Airtel in future and will never ever recommend Airtel to anybody.

The Airtel staff at the customer care is so rude with the customers that it looks like call has landed up in a Govt. office and no body is bothered about your concern at all.
    My Brother using Airtel Prepaid experienced the Bad customer service today when his Phone required PUK no. and I called the Customer Care again 121 and had to answer a long list of questions by the executive (waseem) like SIM no.,Last Dialed number, current balance , Last Recharge , Expiry date of the Card ,etc. i didn't had a few details and he rudely ignored me to help at all.

Disgusting this is really.
    Phone and Broadband services are not worth at all.

Airtel is so particular about money that even 100 Rs is pending in a month they will withdraw the phone as well as Broadband services til the time you pay that 100 rs.

I have been making the payments every month duely on the due date though not full but partial but still they do not trust their customers at all.they have a misconception that the customer will run away taking their money somewhere.

The only word I get to explain Airtel customer service is PATHETIC and DISGUSTING ...

Regards
    Nitin Malik

• Ru
      1st of Dec, 2006

I called up Airtel customer service center on 30/11/06 in Gurgaon (haryana) approx at 6 in the morning. I had problems with my broadband connection. Each time I reached broadband deptt. my call got diconnected after 2-3 rings clearly being disconnected. I then chose a different menu option and spoke to their land line phones team ( since I have 2 landline connections from them). Over there also the call got disconnected almost 5 times before I could speak to a rep.
    They were leat helpful and even "RUDE". Spoke to their shift supervisor who said I should not be calling them up since I had broadband related issues. Whatever happens to the "seamless image" of an organization. I got irate, and they transferred me to broadband dept. Braodband guy tried to help me but could not do anything. He than handed over my call to the previous phone team sup and went. When said he was attending another customer (w/o resolving my queries) since they were "queuing". I insisted upon speaking to him, he left my call w/o hold or mute and i could hear reps "ABUSING" in the background. I have requested them to refund my money and disconnect my connection. I do not want to deal with them ANYMORE. Still waiting to hear from their billing team 9may be tomorrow)

• Sb
      24th of Dec, 2006

I am one of the ill-fated customers who availed the services of Airtel and I regret having taken their mobile services.

I had take two numbers 98407-59492 and 98407-59491. I had opted for ECS for bill payment.

To my shock I see my bank statement, I am still being debited even after surrendering my connection. I have got a confirmation for the same. Still I am being debited. Even after complaining, I have not got any reply from them yet.

The worst part is that I am on a overseas assignment and I can't do anything but to watch my account being debited month after month. But, I will definitely go to the consumer court will all the evidences and make things worse for them once I return to India.

Thanks

Balasubramanian

6th of Feb, 2007

To start with I just don't have but several complaints. I got a telephone and Broadband connection for my office. The sales person(Ram Soni) after taking the money told me that they will have it installed in a few days and he will give me the numbers by the next day. After three days I called him up and he told me he will ae the numbers by the next day.

Next day e calls me up and tells me there are no ports, so it will take 15 days. I talked to his supervisor and was replied the same. I called up the Nodel office. First I couldn't get through for a day. Then finally when they answered hey took the complaint and i was called back by Amit Arora. Then the next da I was called by the original sales person and told that they have arranged the ports. He said it will be installed in 2 days. After 3 days I called him back to learn the status. he again said next day. After 3 days of this I got a call from his supervisor that the ports are not working so it will take another 3 to 4 days. I was literally mad as I had to cancel my software engineer twice. The next day they came unannounced and installed it. The telephone tech told me that they never had faulty ports. I wish this would have been the end of it.

They entered the wrong plan for my internet. When the speed was not picking p they told me that I had a different plan. After putting in the request it took them 4 days to change the plan. Still no speed. They had informed of minimum speed of 256kbps. Well the speed is 87kbps. They have lodged another complaint. gd knows what will happen. I also have a data card and the speed has never been more than 30kbps. never buy there data card. There customer service staff are not trained at all. they always try to blame it on each other. NEVER USE AIRTEL...

• Sh
      11th of Feb, 2007

My charges - plan has been changed without intimation. I am charged more for all the services. When I try to call customer care i.e. 121, I get a voice message to sent query through sms, i will be contacted within 24 hours. Its more than 96 hours now, still there is no response. Airtel continues to charge me more for outgoing calls as well as SMS. I keep trying to reach 121, but no response at all. I have to spend more & keep getting harassed. I feel I should get compensation for such a harassment from Airtel, as it affects my work too.

20th of Feb, 2007

I am the customer of airtel from last almost 5 years but i suffer lots of harassment in this period but still i am using airtel because i have lots balance so i cant change number right now first they cheat me at time of caller tune. Without my knowledge they activated my caller tune and get this message from my friends & i told them to deactivate they avoiding i after that they cut my 9o Rs with out me informing and now a days from last 3/4 months i am trying to disconnect my MCA facility & i am trying in 121 & also at 9892098920 but they are giving any positive response & they are cutting every time my 10 Rs i dont want that service but they are not helping me i will wait otherwise with a month i will give article offraudgiri of airtel in Times Of India & Mid Day. Airtel is fraud this is not only my statement this almost 50% peoples answer i will definitely see weather they will disconnect MCA facility within a month after that they will see the effect of that in the news paper 121 is never giving any back response of any queries and always their 121 line is busy so definitely Airtel service is very worst in this country!

• Ra
      6th of Mar, 2007

I have very bad idea about AIRTEL'S CUSTOMER services. I am facing problems regarding GPRS of AIRTEL. I am unable to use these facilities due to defects on GPRS connection since 06.01.2007 to till date and for which I had registered my complaint with customer care of Bihar circle vide COMPLAINT NOS.1215130300 , 00221113331400 & 022812356400 DATED-12.01.2007, 21.02.2007 & 28.02.2007.

Not only that I had send so many REMINDERS to them through Emails and Sms but my grievances is not being solved yet.

I have received auto reply from them regularly YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED WITHIN 24 HOURS but this 24 hours NEVER REACHED YET.

It is a great matter of surprise to note that they DEDUCTED THEIR CHARGES REGULARLY WITHOUT GIVING ME SERVICES PROPERLY.

I am feeling that AIRTEL have only one goal that how to earn money from the customers without providing the services.

• Ha
      7th of Mar, 2007

Airtel's Customer Care should be renamed as Customer Harassment. In December last year I submitted my verification documents correctly to the Airtel Customer Relationship Centre in New Friends Community Centre. They lost some documents and never submitted them but I did not know about this until my Mobile service was curtailed in late December without notice. With difficulty I learned from Customer Care that m,y documents had not been submitted. I explained the problem and was told to e-mail 123@airtelindia .com and someone would come and collect the documents since I was a senior Citizen of 80 years. No one came but my service was restored "temporarily" until 6th February when again it was curtailed and I received the same message re. the documents. I again called Customer care about three times in 24 hours, and was told different things by each person. But was again told by two of them to send a similar e-mail, and that a a person would come and collect the documents. The third person said no one would come but I must submit them myself! I have sent two e-mails ,received the automatic response that within 24 hours someone would come back to me. The e-mail I sent on January 3rd said the same thing but that 24 hours has still to lapse! Airtel should get its house in order and not fool the public with this "customer care" and "customer relationship". They couldn't care less about their customers and we have no recourse to anyone but their so called "customer care". It is shameful!

12th of Mar, 2007

I have been using airtel prepaid for the last 3 yrs and now they want all the documents which i submitted at the time of the activation of the service 3yrs ago, I accept that, it might be govts some new policy to enhance security and stop terrorism. Now the main problem with airtel is that i submitted the documents 2 days ago and the person at the airtel customer contact center told that the service will be activated within 3hrs, it has been two days and my phone is still not working and the so called customer service no. 121 is not working and when i found a number after doing a long search on the net and called the customer service the guys says that he does not have any information about it and can not see any documents being submitted. Bull ###. The only reason that why i am not throwing away airtel is that it is with me for the last 3yrs and everybody has that no. the guys at the customer service dont know that why the 121 no. is not working and when asked they hang up on you. This is what airtel is doing. i would suggest not to go for airtel, it was a good service earlier but as it is becoming bigger it is becoming worse, Its a crap service. Airtel is a [censored]g service.

• Mu
      13th of Mar, 2007

A lot of bad words in my dictionary to say that family of the "AIRTEL. For the last one week they son of b*** has disturbed my whole work. A lot of complaints i have booked through the customer care department but don't get back with a result. No Senior person in this company to face the customer problems. They bloody fool mobile no. & contact person numbers is mentioned in the front of the Bills for help but this is only for eye wash for the innocent peoples due to no body picking the phone no. As 9810098100 extn.2730 mr. Amir bin umar & another is 41611477.

THEY SON OF B*** HAVE ONLY SINGLE WORD AS UNDER!

Sorry ! Sorry ! Sorry !

Next time born in the Pakistan!

• Vi
      19th of Mar, 2007

I have made all payments for my Airtel Cell phone, but inspite of that my number has been unregistered.

I have made more than 50 calls to Airtel Customer Care executives in the past 4 days but nothing has been done. On top of it the customer care executives are extremely rude and they disconnect the call without giving out any information.

It is the worst service any vendor can provide to the customers. I'm facing some serious problems with my cell not working but that does not affect Airtel. They treat their customers like crap and talk to them as if customers are road side animals.

23rd of Mar, 2007

A request for prepaid to postpaid connection of airtel, mumbai has done two weeks back. But till 23/03/2007 there is no response from airtel. A representative of Airtel (Vikas Tiwari), Airtel Relationship Center - Lower Parel, Ground floor, Peninsula Chambers, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel.

Airtel and the representative is simply cheating with me.

• Ak
      9th of Apr, 2007

A postpaid connection got one week before, but still not activated. A representative with the name of Kavita who is handling this requested when called has kept her mobile switched off. Does the company provide the sim card to the bloody representatives like this?... The address of the branch is Airtel (Vikas Tiwari), Airtel Relationship Center - Lower Parel, Ground floor, Peninsula Chambers, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel. If given a chance I can't say what can I do. I will be in a hurry to get a response from the person whom can switch this issue to the person concerned with that particular branch.
    Airtel the whole son of a [censored] company.

• Ba
      10th of Apr, 2007

We have complaint to this company for incorrect bills and overcharging but no response. They have become so stubborn that they have not reacted to any thing despite the complaint being sent to the media Times of India New Delhi.

The height is that a letter sent to their CEO CUM MD CUM Mantor Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal also remains unanswered.

We have been calling and collecting complaint numbers.

Now we have decided the legal course.

• Mu
      19th of Apr, 2007

I was getting continuous calls for almost a month from representative of Airtel (Balaji teleworld, Bhayander) a request for prepaid to postpaid connection of airtel. Every time they come up with new scheme and all. Atlast on 6/4/2007 i agreed and they sent one of their representative named Vikash. I and my room mate had given cheque of 600/= each But till 20/04/2007 there is no response from airtel. A representative of Airtel (Sameer), Airtel Relationship Center - Bhayander is simply picking up phone after half or one hour effort, and do give silly excuses or simply telling hello hello and cut the phone. Airtel and the representative is simply cheating with me.

Anybody can suggest should i make a police complain as i do have carbon copy of form, my cheque number and phone number from which i do get calls.

Any advice will be of great help.

• Sy
      30th of Apr, 2007

I am prepaid customer of airtel since last three years. Presently i am residing at Hyderabad (A.P). I am facing a serious problem and airtel is not listening to my problem.

My problem is, when am at home (near borabanda rly. station) so many call dropping. And i have so many time complaints to customer care. Since last 2 years the customer care executive so many complaint no.s given to me my last complaint no is 11659070 dated 26 fed 2007 (executive name sailesh). But till date not rectify my problem. If we have not paid my bill in time they have collect panel charges.

• Mo
      3rd of May, 2007

I am facing a problem about sending sms to belarus and pakistan from these no. When i send i sms the amount will be deduct but no sms delivered. I call so many times on 121 but no response and they did not get solve my problem. Very bad service!