Airtel / reissue of a stolen number by airtel
I have a new pre-paid connection from Airtel.
Everyday I receive more than 10 calls from a guy claiming to be the previous owner of this SIM number.
When I complained to Airtel, they say that they re-issue numbers when they dont receive payments from the previous subscriber for 3 months.
They refuse to give me a different number and that other guy refuses to stop calling.
I think before we buy a new connection, we have to check with the police station for stolen numbers and make sure that the company does not give us that stolen number again.
Today my life is made daily miserable because my new number was someone's old stolen number.
And Airtel does not care that their customers are thus harassed.
Airtel says I am welcome to make a police complaint against the caller.
I think it unfair that they have given me a stolen number.
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - network registration failed
- Bharti Airtel - allotting my airtel no to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - lane line and broadband services
- Bharti Airtel - outgoing call issues
- Bharti Airtel - postpaid