Air Berlin / flight canceled and not reimbursed

I booked a flight with Air Berlin through Just Fly to go from Orland International Airport to Vienna, Austria (with one stop in Düsseldorf). I'm showing the information of the reservation below:

JustFly Booking Number: [protected]
Air Berlin Confirmation Number: KO58TF
Air Berlin Flight 7007
Date: September 10th, 2017

This flight was canceled due to Hurricane Irma and postponed to September 13th, 2017. When I arrived at Orlando International from Tampa (on Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, around 2.30 pm), I saw on the screens that the flight was delayed, but the new departure time was not available. I tried to find the new departure time out, but the airline would not answer the phone and the information desk at the airport (by 7 pm) was empty. After several hours at the Airport, a member of the Orlando International Airport told me that the flight was delayed until September 14th, 2017 (the next day), without notifying the passengers (neither the Airport, or Air Berlin, or Just Fly). The reason for my trip to Europe was attending a conference that was held in Vienna from September 12th through September 15th, 2017. Therefore, traveling to Viena on September 14th would not make any sense since the conference will be over by the time I get to Viena. Therefore I ask for a refund to Just Fly (I called them by phone), the company through which I booked my flight, and they tell me that they won't reimburse my money because the company went onto bankrupt and they won't reimburse flights booked before August 15th, 2017.

All I want is a refund for the cost of my flight to Vienna since I haven't been able to attend the conference.

Te