Air Asia X / optiontown seat upgrades

Selangor, Malaysia Review updated:

I have booked a reservation on 8 February 2017 for 4 persons to a return flight from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne on 5 June 2017 and Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur on 11 June 2017 under AirAsia X Booking Reference: TEPEFV.

Optiontown, Air Asia's JV partner, then repeatedly e-mailed to me regarding many promotions to upgrade those 4 seats from economy to premium flatbeds.

I accepted Optiontown's upgrade offer on 21 April 2017 at the stated price of RM9, 000 on their e-mail and website. This is the Optiontown reference # [protected].

However, my credit card has been charged RM9, 354.55, which is more than what was advertised. This is fraudulent advertisement and I demanded from Optiontown's customer care for the full refund of RM9, 354.55 that has been charged to my credit card immediately.

However, Optiontown kept saying that the difference may be due to exchange rate differences and credit card charges. However, these was not highlighted in the e-mail or related portals tied to those offers.

I wish that you formally raise these matters to Air Asia's senior management of the misinformation regarding their services. I also continue to wish for the full refund of the entire RM9, 354.55 upgrade fee.

Goh Khir Peng

Al
May 10, 2017

Comments

• Op
      11th of May, 2017

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We would like to advise you the following:

As per the Terms of Service, we display both the amounts i.e. in MYR and in USD before the purchase process is completed and then also on the Sign-up confirmation page, and and also in the email that we sent to you after the UTo Sign-Up was completed.

The difference in amount may be due to the currency conversion cost and fees which is charged by your Bank.

The same information is still very much available on our website for your reference. We would request you to retrieve your booking and on the next page click on View Details page, you would still be able to see the payment details under Transaction History along with some of the UTo rules.

However, if you do not want to proceed with UTo for the said PNR, we can cancel your request as a customer service gesture. In order to enable us to cancel the UTo process, kindly reply to the email we have sent you.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter!

Regards